Brett Gabbert

Advertisement
I am thinking Coach Richt and Staff watched the UCF Game an figured they could work with a short QB all of sudden. They are forgetting how many balls Rosier had knocked down because they had throwing from the pocket. Also how man balls did rosier throw poorly because he lacked the vision to the field past the tall linemen obstructing his view.

Go Canes

Advertisement
The longer I watched the more I liked him. Seems to have an excellent grasp of timing in the passing game - measures his drops and releases the ball just before the rush can arrive. He manages the pocket really well which is something his brother has struggled with. He's not as twitchy as Baker Mayfield and obviously throws with less velocity but he showed he can create space in the pocket, keep his eyes downfield and throw off-balance/on the move from multiple platforms. His height (overvalued trait) doesn't bother me I just wish he had a bigger arm.

He reminds me a lot of Kellen Moore. He can succeed at Miami as long as pass protection improves. His lack of physical traits will be most apparent when he's under duress. He's definitely better than nothing and this archetype of QB is one we should be pursuing more.

Advertisement
Accuracy would be the main thing I would look, you can get far with that, with athletes we recruit

The longer I watched the more I liked him. Seems to have an excellent grasp of timing in the passing game - measures his drops and releases the ball just before the rush can arrive. He manages the pocket really well which is something his brother has struggled with. He's not as twitchy as Baker Mayfield and obviously throws with less velocity but he showed he can create space in the pocket, keep his eyes downfield and throw off-balance/on the move from multiple platforms. His height (overvalued trait) doesn't bother me I just wish he had a bigger arm.

He reminds me a lot of Kellen Moore. He can succeed at Miami as long as pass protection improves. His lack of physical traits will be most apparent when he's under duress. He's definitely better than nothing and this archetype of QB is one we should be pursuing more.

I saw a lot of those same good things you saw too. The things I kind of targeted as potential issues is he seemed to have a propensity to have one read on plays and lock there, and his release, while not awful, seemed somewhat like Malik. Kind of long and not as snappy as I would have thought.

Both of which can be coached out of a player, but not sure if we have the right people in place for that. Still a take.

I'd take.

Look good throwing and is mobile.

I rather have this guy then a grad transfer.
We're not getting a grad transfer QB. That was Richt's pipe dream. Kelly Bryant already cancelled his OV. No grad transfer is coming in to compete with 3 young capable QBs. The gap in talent would have to be large. N'kosi already showing he's ready to take the next step.

A grad transfer QB wants to go to a place where he knows he's going to be "the guy."

Advertisement
Good thing we have the Jeff Fisher of the NCAA grooming QB's

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back