Brett Gabbert

Brock Purdy had a bunch of G5 offers prior to the early signing period last year, he didn't sign and after that he picked up offers from Bama, Texas A&M and obv ISU.

He's 5-1 as starter, and a really **** good football player from what I saw.

Advertisement
Dude is 4 inches smaller than brother. Not impressed by film, only MAC schools offering. I’d pass

And dudes a brother of a big time college QB which usually gets you more face time sooo I’m thinking he’s not very good

If you'd take Scalzo over this kid, you know absolutely nothing about QB play.

This kid is night and day better than Scalzo.

Night and day?? You act like I’m saying take Scalzo over Trevor Lawrence. They both have low ceilings and are being offered by pretty much the same schools, except one has P5 offers and the other one doesn’t. Not even from the school his brother played at.

In any event, doesn’t matter, take either one or find another QB to bring in but take someone.

Advertisement
Throws well and obviously has decent pedigree, but I'm not sure his pre-snap clap is exaggerated enough for our offense.

Advertisement
If they see him as another Aaron Murray type i like it. If he can flip commitments and go ourt and reach out to some other national prospects on Offense its a win win for us. He can come in and compete with out current group. Kid is 6'0 197 right now. We started Malik who is maybe an inch taller so it isnt that much of a difference. His numbers are CRAZY. Add to it his high school appears to be a powerhouse we may can double back on a recruit or 2.
Isn't Scalzo like 5-10?

yup this kid is like 2 inches taller

QB, 3 star from Saint Louis

Committed to Miami (OH)

Brother of Blaine

Miami is in contact

(Per Ivins)
Ivins never said that we contacted him. This is what he said:

"One arm that might get a look from Miami appears to be Saint Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers College three-star quarterback Brett Gabbert. The younger bother of current NFL quarterback Blaine Gabbert has completed nearly 70 percent of his passes as a senior totaling 2,736 yards in 13 games with 35 touchdowns and just one interception to his credit.

Miami has yet to offer Gabbert a scholarship or formally make contact with the Miami of Ohio verbal commit, but with the NCAA's winter contact period rapidly approaching, he's an arm that could emerge as a target for the Hurricanes as the offensive coaches consider adding depth to a quarterback room that's set to lose Malik Rosier to graduation at the end of the season."

Advertisement
QB recruiting summary in Year 3 for Mark and Jon Richt:

- The Richts put every single egg in the Michael Johnson, Jr. basket all winter, spring, and summer.
- Jon Richt headed to Oregon on a weekly basis to visit MJJ in the spring, but apparently didn't visit any other 2019 QB recruit the entire cycle.
- MJJ tells the Richts to f*** off and he commits to Penn State on August 1.
- Mark Richt blows off QB recruiting from there on out and chooses not to pursue anyone for months.
- We get in way too late for Kelly Bryant as a possible transfer option. The Richts fail to even land a visit.
- Now we're scouring for a slightly above Sheriffs-level arm at the 11th hour.

At least there's consistency. The on-field offensive s***show and lazily pathetic recruiting effort at QB this season have been equally abysmal.

Advertisement
The whole Gabbert family stinks at football.

Beggars can't be choosers...but I'd pass.

Brett may be the best of the 3 but yes I agree. He and CBC have been running rampant thru the state the last few years. Tyler Gabbert was the middle brother that went to Mizzou/UCF and did nothing. And Blaine was hyped because of his prototypical size and ability to throw slants, that's it.

You sure because "Bubba" can play some ball at 350lbs.

I wouldn't sign him as a QB but I sure as **** would sign him up for OL/DL as a "project". Any human that big with those wheels can play football once he is developed. Only concern is the body fat, is he willing to commit to a healthier diet to drop the weight (See Donaldson).

My high school plays CBC Saturday in the Championship. CBC supposedly has 7 D1 recruits.
I shared an article about the 6’6 Nigerian Kid who is now at Rockhurt my high school who is a national 4 star tackle recruit. I think CBC has too much fire power and will probably win big.

This kid might not be great, but honestly his film looks better than MJ Jr.

MJ Jr being Richt's #1 choice at QB seems to be a red flag. I bet Penn St makes him a WR

Regardless, we need someone at QB in this class. Can't not have a QB

Advertisement
Back