Brett Gabbert

Advertisement
Advertisement
Offers all from Ivy league schools or the MAC.

Feels like Evan Sherriefs...but I'd rather this kid than nobody in the class.

Absolutely. You have to have some one. Kid has should have some decent genes. Seems like a bright kid. If nothing else, raises the academic apr and can be a smart kid in the film room. Got to take at least one qb.

True...height is his "drawback" at a listed 6 feet 180...Blaine was around 6-4.
He tested in Nike Combine with a 4.33 short shuttle which is very good. Much more quickness that Sherriefs.

Advertisement
I'd take.

Look good throwing and is mobile.

I rather have this guy then a grad transfer.

Agreed he's got above average athleticism. Some of his throws I saw flashbacks of Malik and wanted to punch my computer screen though. At this point though he's worth the take. I hate QB recruiting under this staff.

At this point In this class we need a safety blanket in case someone leaves. This guy isn’t bad he’s not gonna be amazing but he will fill that role

Exactly. Worst case, we recruit 2 guys over him next class and he leaves. Best case he's a solid backup and maybe he can step in and catch someone napping.

Advertisement
In 2017 (April 10, 2017) at The Chicago Nike he was measured at 5-11.5 and 177 lbs. He participated in only 1 testing event and posted a 4.33 short shuttle....
It is now 19 months later and he looks bigger than 177 pounds.

"Gabbert is a 3-star pro style quarterback out of Christian Brothers College HS in St. Louis. He will look to replicate the success that his older brother Blaine had at Missouri, where he would throw for 6,822 yards and 40 touchdowns over two seasons "

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/s...ne-commits-mac-school/OsIoCut16ZnmRQpUJJJ8bL/

Advertisement
I’d take any HS prospect at this point but I prefer Nik Scalzo over this kid.

Advertisement
Back