BREAKING: Francois out for season, Blackman to start

Advertisement
What I find interesting is Jimbo going with a true a Frosh while he has a Jr in Celestino. Now, I have no idea about this guy but if you think about the situation FSU is in now post Francois injury, it's no different than ours. You have Rosier, a jr, and Perry a true Frosh that everyone on this board was anointing as the next great thing. To the extent that we would still win 10 games with him. So what's different with the Noles starting their guy in Blackman? I say absolutely nothing. Jimbo knows overall what he has which is a great D, solid running game, experienced coaching staff. They will win plenty.

The game will be extremely tough. Yes, I expect we win because of Walton and Richards in my opinion.

What I find interesting is Jimbo going with a true a Frosh while he has a Jr in Celestino. Now, I have no idea about this guy but if you think about the situation FSU is in now post Francois injury, it's no different than ours. You have Rosier, a jr, and Perry a true Frosh that everyone on this board was anointing as the next great thing. To the extent that we would still win 10 games with him. So what's different with the Noles starting their guy in Blackman? I say absolutely nothing. Jimbo knows overall what he has which is a great D, solid running game, experienced coaching staff. They will win plenty.

The game will be extremely tough. Yes, I expect we win because of Walton and Richards in my opinion.

Mama Celestino's frozen pizzas are complete trash too. That said, I was surprised too that he'd go with the true freshman even though someone else aptly said that Celestino is an even worse version of Jeff Driskel. Ol' Cuckbo reverting to his SEC roots I guess- being a supposed premier program but with zero QB depth.

Last edited:
If we lose to FSU this staff is almost wraps to me. They are starting a true freshman who has been on campus as long as Perry (2 Months). We held them to 20 when they had Frenchie (Who was a RS-Fr.) and Dalvin Cook (Their best RB in history) last year. They should not get past 17 points. 13 if I'm being honest. Manny better not be on that BS or the same people who were scared he'll leave after the season will want him gone after the FSU game.

Advertisement

Careful, stating the obvious about the criminoles will get you roasted here. Even though UM FSU games tend to be close.

I expect to win. Not gonna be easy though. The officials will keep fsu in it. I would expect a 9-10 pt win. I really don't care by how much. Just win.

This is the game our players NEED for their confidence to sky rocket. Start the season off 3-0, while giving fsu their 2nd loss in 3 games. The momentum that comes frim this is crucial!

Advertisement
Look for zero holding penalties called on FSU's OL. We'll get them after big plays.

Manny Diaz should be fired if this stick figure isn't on a stretcher by halftime. Well not really.....but kinda. Like I said in another thread, this poor ******* makes Perry at his skinniest last year look like a LB.

View attachment 49664

How tall is this kid?

Jesus. May God have mercy on his soul.

View attachment 49668

that weight at THAT height?

that'd be like being 5'10 129

Haha. Exactly. I'm surprised nobody called DCF on his family for having malnourished children. Even if you assume the kid somehow put on 15lbs of weight over the summer (which I highly doubt by looking at him on tv on Sat) he's still beyond paper thin at that height and his life should be in danger if our front 7 is anything close being what they're billed as.

What concerns me is that our QB might not be that much better than theirs.

Rosier doesnt impress me.

i might be in the minority but following yesterday's less than stellar performance against B-C and given how well F$U played in the 1st half against 'Bama, I was expecting another L at Tally. With Francois out, it's anybody's ball game now. The Noles D is legit and our Offense still has question marks that can only be answered by playing a P5 opponent.

Im not sure how anynody can be confident that we are going to win given our performance yesterday in all 3 phases of the game. I need to see more before crowning our squad.
Did we not rush for like 300 yds. Did Rosier play decent and have a clean pocket. Did our 2nd and 3rd string rbs and wrs get quality reps and perform well. What game was everyone watching? Yes our def didn't perform like expected but to say we sucked in all 3 phases is inaccurate. I wasn't satisfied with how we played but you can't always expect your teams to play great against inferior opponents.

We played Buffoon-Kookmen

Advertisement
This game is on Manny Diaz.

We need the Miami Manny Diaz from last year, not the "Texas" Manny Diaz we saw yesterday at Bethune. That "Manny" terrifies me and could get us beat. We don't need him auditioning for a job on the big stage. He needs to stop being cute and gimmicky and call a disciplined game. You don't need to blitz a million times with a true freshman QB. Keep it simple.

7 in the box to sell out on the run, corners on an island with bump and run coverage, pin your ears back and bring heat.

I agree, but it is still on Mark. He needs to coach a lot better than last year. Offense needs to score early and put the pressure on noles nw kid on the block. Diaz needs Miami defense -- meet me at the quarterback and play run along the way. He him early, hard and often.

Hard to score early when the other team holds the ball for 9 mins on it's opening possession.... I really think we went super vanilla for this game as we should. BCU was smart. They were outmanned upfront so they threw a lot of quick hitters and we missed tackles.

Oh no. Not the "we're saving our best plays for Florida State" excuse. Been there, done that, saw Jimbo and Dalvin laugh at us.

Not completely but do you think we showed our hand against BCU? I seriously hope you don't think we did. You know better than that.

Mark didn't beat noles last year with a 3rd year qb against a new one, now he has a chance against a true freshman. He needs to beat FSU, period. Until then, our recruiting classes will continue to drain out as season unfolds. Out coach them, out play them, or out luck them -- doesn't matter, we need to win.

You have to try really hard to be 6-5, 160. ****. I'm 5-7, 155.

When ya gotta go to the WNBA to find similar builds....

20170904_120833.jpg

Advertisement
Let's put it this way....IF we don't win this game, there are serious doubts with the Richt regime. Absolutely ZERO reason we SHOULDN'T win this game. Will we? Who knows? But if we don't, be shook.

Weren't you one of the more adamant Golden supporters? You, you have a gift...

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back