BREAKING: Francois out for season, Blackman to start

Blackman will be at least equally capable of throwing hot reads as Bethune-Cookman's QB, except to FSU athletes. Diaz better have it together-- impress the importance of being technically sound and don't get overly aggressive for the **** of it.

Advertisement
If we don't beat a team with a freshman qb who hasn't been at fsu long it'll be the ultimate embarrassment

You do realize their defense is elite national championship level right? Those who think we walk into there and come out with a sure victory will be sorely disappointed. This will be a dogfight until the end.

When did their defense become elite NC level? They were a sieve most all of last year.

Bama's offense is still trash. assHurts through for like 90 yards. Me thinks Rosier can do at least double that.

If we don't beat a team with a freshman qb who hasn't been at fsu long it'll be the ultimate embarrassment

You do realize their defense is elite national championship level right? Those who think we walk into there and come out with a sure victory will be sorely disappointed. This will be a dogfight until the end.

When did their defense become elite NC level? They were a sieve most all of last year.

Alot of FSU fans on here Chise. You know that.

Blackman will be at least equally capable of throwing hot reads as Bethune-Cookman's QB, except to FSU athletes. Diaz better have it together-- impress the importance of being technically sound and don't get overly aggressive for the **** of it.

If all it takes to beat Diaz is to dump it off quick to the hot read then he needs to quit football. I wouldn't get too nuts over that Bethune game.

Advertisement

If all it takes to beat Diaz is to dump it off quick to the hot read then he needs to quit football. I wouldn't get too nuts over that Bethune game.

I am not, we've had teams that barely sniffed .500 win these FAMU/BCC/Charleston Whatever games by 70, and teams that were in conference/national title hunts that won by a lot smaller margin.

My only point here is that I don't think we'll have to open up the "hard stuff" on this kid to win. I actually think our edge rushers out of our base D will give him plenty to handle and force a lot of mistakes.

Bama beat FSU by rushing for 173yds, with the trio of Hurts, Scarborough & Harris, none of them had over 100yds.

Calvin Ridley single handedly beat their Defense over the top, Hurts was 10-18 for 96yds & 1TD, 15carries for 55yds rushing.

They completely shut down FSU's rushing attack only gave up 40yds total & that was before Francis went down.

Beating FSU this year shouldn't be the tall task it's been in the past. Richt has this game gift wrapped under the Christmas Tree with a nice Orange & Green bow on it.

Shut down Patrick/Akers, bring pressure on Blackman & on Offense don't turn the ball over, we win by 2-3 scores easy.

Advertisement
Never like to see a kid get hurt. Sucks and I wish him a speedy recovery.

But **** FSU, their fanbase, and all of the collective horses they rode in on. They didn't throw any pity or excuses our way when we had to eat probation (for things they've done and probably worse) as well as ****** coaching. Their fanbase is finally getting what they deserve...a disappointing season.

No excuses for Richt now. That's a game we HAVE to win.

easy there buddy

To be fair, Bama was held to very low yardage and had the ball in their end of the field like five straight times and only scored 24. Noles have a top defense.

They do have a good defense. Although Hurts is not a good QB and Bama's kicker is one of the worst in the country.

Im not gonna call their defense bad because it isn't, but bamas offense is a glorified option who gets their way by outmuscling opponents. When they have to go up against someone with an average 7 thats what they always look like.

This game is on Manny Diaz.

We need the Miami Manny Diaz from last year, not the "Texas" Manny Diaz we saw yesterday at Bethune. That "Manny" terrifies me and could get us beat. We don't need him auditioning for a job on the big stage. He needs to stop being cute and gimmicky and call a disciplined game. You don't need to blitz a million times with a true freshman QB. Keep it simple.

7 in the box to sell out on the run, corners on an island with bump and run coverage, pin your ears back and bring heat.

Why would you simplify the defense against a true freshman QB?

I say blitz. Confuse the **** out of him. Hit him in the mouth. Get in his head.

By simplify he means that the extra gimmicky frils are unnecessary and may only cause confusion for our defense. Also most of the blitzes we saw Saturday left the flats wide open. The point is yes be aggressive but dont sacrifice the fundamentals by doing so.

I don't know what was going on against Bethune but we should be able to generate consistent pressure with the front four. Thomas, Norton, McIntosh and Jackson didn't just forget how to play. Blitzes should be infrequent and well timed.

Last edited:
Bama beat FSU by rushing for 173yds, with the trio of Hurts, Scarborough & Harris, none of them had over 100yds.

Calvin Ridley single handedly beat their Defense over the top, Hurts was 10-18 for 96yds & 1TD, 15carries for 55yds rushing.

They completely shut down FSU's rushing attack only gave up 40yds total & that was before Francis went down.

Beating FSU this year shouldn't be the tall task it's been in the past. Richt has this game gift wrapped under the Christmas Tree with a nice Orange & Green bow on it.

Shut down Patrick/Akers, bring pressure on Blackman & on Offense don't turn the ball over, we win by 2-3 scores easy.

Preach El!! I hope you'll be at greentree preaching these sentiments to Richt.

I don't care how it's done, just win, !!

Advertisement
That twig will be broken by halftime if we generate anywhere close to the same amount of pressure that we did last year.

Advertisement
FSU's defense is still the real deal. Whether Miami can move the ball is going to dictate the game. Now without Francois, FSU will lean on the running game. I expect them to have less success than previous years without Dalvin Cook, but still a tough task for a thin defense.

Thin defense? I can only hope you are joking.

I don't think we're just gonna waltz up there and light up their defense like a Christmas tree, it's a rivalry game and they have talent on defense. However we should be able to really shut down their offense.

Should be a dogfight throughout but without Frenchie I just see too many advantages for Miami, hopefully pull away late and get a huge W.

Advertisement
Back