Braxton Berrios

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
I was down voted in the Byrd thread for saying that it would be nice if his on field production matched his off field talk.

Am I wrong here? The guy came in with fairly big expectations and had done absolutely nothing other than **** his teammates off with his attitude. He supposedly developed a rapport with Kaaya yet often times when he was in the game Kaaya looked the other way. He also had several keys drops.

I'm not giving up on him yet, but isn't it time for him to put up or shut up?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was down voted in the Byrd thread for saying that it would be nice if his on field production matched his off field talk.

Am I wrong here? The guy came in with fairly big expectations and had done absolutely nothing other than **** his teammates off with his attitude. He supposedly developed a rapport with Kaaya yet often times when he was in the game Kaaya looked the other way. He also had several keys drops.

I blame his knee. What did he do to **** of his teammates? Never heard anything concrete or material about that buzz.

He was great in camp this year but a couple injuries really hurt him.

Hopefully, he commits himself to slimming down. He is too heavy for his game. Bruce is coming for his job so he has no choice.

I blame his knee. What did he do to **** of his teammates? Never heard anything concrete or material about that buzz.

Supposedly he was a real **** on the practice field. Talking a lot of **** but not in a good way. Just being an *******.

Someone on here reported it.

Advertisement

In 2014 when he was actually 100% healthy he had a better year than coley . He's not going to put up #1 receiver stats as a small slot receiver. The only disappointment imo is that he hasn't made in impact on special teams....but again he received most of those reps last year...coming off surgery. I remember him coming up with a few big 3rd downs for us last year. Kid fought back from an acl tear in 3 weeks. Yeah it would be nice for him to come out and put up 500+ and 6tds this year but i'm not going to dog him for talking a little ****. A couple of drops ain't ****....how many false starts by our WR's did you see last year? That should never happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8jYh6nJhh4

Doesn't matter he's our 2nd most experienced behind Coley, Lewis has hardly played, so Berrios will have to step it up.

I don't know if some of you remember what his leg did the first game , it's amazing he played after that . He started looking himself towards the end of the year . Hes definitely needed this year, not much depth at wr.

I just hope he doesn't get injured, seems like he's always nicked.

coley's offensive genius seems to get receivers killed. 7 wr screens a game tends to get picked up by the defense

its amazing stacey and brax lived through the season. i expect berrios to rebound this season with richt at the helm and searles running the OL. no more fat *****(soprano's) on that OL. They all need to go on dates with Jenny craig and slimfast this off season for most of those lard asses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looked good toward the end of the year. Hopefully he can stay healthy and the return game with him and Bruce will look really good.

Advertisement

He was calling out a traitor. You in turn called him out.

The need for more on the field production could apply to almost every one of our players, including some of the chosen ones.

I don't think there would've ever been as much hype surrounding him if people weren't always trying to find the next Steve Largent which the modern day equivalent is Wes Welker. Decent enough receiver, but he's got a looking way to go before he's someone you can rely upon consistently.

I think Bruce, if he gets the plays down will eat up a lot of his snaps.

I don't think there would've ever been as much hype surrounding him if people weren't always trying to find the next Steve Largent which the modern day equivalent is Wes Welker. Decent enough receiver, but he's got a looking way to go before he's someone you can rely upon consistently.

No. People are looking for our players to do better on the field and match their potential. This has nothing to do with race.

Advertisement

No. People are looking for our players to do better on the field and match their potential. This has nothing to do with race.

Whether people say it does or doesn't, not even his high school highlights justified the hype IMHO.

I myself don't care one bit where someone is from or what they look like, I just never understood the hype from day one. Perhaps it was his brash attitude and like the OP said, it's basically put up or shut up time. I hope he can back up the talk, I'm sure we all hope for that.

Whether people say it does or doesn't, not even his high school highlights justified the hype IMHO.

I myself don't care one bit where someone is from or what they look like, I just never understood the hype from day one. Perhaps it was his brash attitude and like the OP said, it's basically put up or shut up time. I hope he can back up the talk, I'm sure we all hope for that.

are you serious his HS highlights didnt justify hype? come on get real

Don't really understand the allegations made toward him as most of the team views him in a positive way...He was our highlight on the end around in the last bowl game...Before the acl tears he was a receiver that Kaaya touted having played with him in the Opening in Oregon...In case anyone forgets he had the highest sparq score for all players at the Opening his senior year...Two knee injuries have obviously hurt his production on the field, but if healthy this year , along with Bruce, I'm sure the slot position will be something fans will remember..

Advertisement
Back