Braxton Berrios update

If none of us had ever logged into a Miami message board we would know Braxton Berrios as Miami's third string slot receiver with bad hands.

This is true...but he was only a true freshman last year coming off a torn ACL..Im gonna give him time...

Advertisement
Berrios didn't just have offers from NC teams. He had offers from Clemson Oregon and other high competing Div 1 teams.
And he was a 4 star not 3.

whatever my point still stands. coming out of high school malcolm lewis was a bigger recruit than berrios. and i dont remember specifics but i know lewis had the more impressive offer list and was more highly coveted. add that to the fact that he played hs football in SFla while berrios played in NC...again not knocking berrios just crazy how people are so quick to say berrios is more talented than lewis, even mocking me for suggesting that lewis might be better lol

Coming out of high school Urban Meyer made Berrios a priority.....

And as to your question of how is he more talented. Berrios is quicker, faster and stronger. He actually posted the fasted shuttle in the nation coming out of high school

I wish he would have signed with Ohio State. Dude is average.....

If it's a MCL partial tear like most think- we shouldnt expect much out of him this season. Think of Dorsett his junior year. Same **** happened. The injury may heal quick, but then he has to get conditioned again.

He played his senior year and All Star with a torn ACL and he never lost a step.

Advertisement
sure Berrios is the white Santana Moss and Coley sucks we shouldve never recruited him. lol
all of a sudden all our receivers suck and berrios is the only baller. you should slap yourself for suggesting berrios is better than coley.

and i see i touched a nerve. like i said in the other post, i think we found the reason your so fond of berrios. why are you making it about race? making slick comments here, and i also seen you on the other thread make slick racist comments about dade county high school kids.
relax nobody cares if hes white brown purple yellow. hes an average receiver.

**** I didn't peep that. dudes on here defending berrios b/c he's white. smh

So what are we arguing, which one sucks worse?

Doesn't matter anyway, berrios is out probably 8-10 weeks

Lewis was never "balling" before his injury. He scored once against BC and had maybe a catch or two against GT. How was he "balling"?

stop deflecting. you have yet to tell me how berrios is more talented than lewis. and yes he was balling wtf he was a true freshman and playing good or as they call it "balling" until he broke the ankle....did you want him to keep playing with the broken ankle?

Lewis can't hang on to the football. Too many drops

neither can berrios, blew one against fsu...

thats stupid cant really knock either one of them for that. lewis barely gets a chance and as for berrios drops happen. plus your exagerrating lewis barely even gets the ball thrown to him (thats if hes in the game at all)

not really arguing that...just refuting the fact that berrios is the second coming of santana moss because everyone keeps telling me how all our receivers suck but hyping up berrios to be some super stud.

What do you mean you are refuting the notion that Berrios is the white Santana Moss? Who ever said that? Berrios has a completely different game than Moss. The reason people bring up his shuttle time is because his game is based in his lateral quickness. Berrios is the kind of WR that excels in the slot because of his ability to get open in the shallow to intermediate middle of the field. Coaches see Berrios as a Wes Welker /Julian Edleman type. If the white to white comparison bothers you think Theron Collier.

I thought his offer was well deserved. For those who claim not to have seen on field proof of his talent you have to consider that he had suffered a torn ACL eight months before the start of his true freshman year. That would be significant for any WR but even more so for a guy like Berrios whose game is defined by explosive lateral quickness. It seems as if some here were expecting him to be an explosive no1 type WR with deep speed and homerun ability and that's not his game. I thought Berrios had a fairly good year for a true frosh coming off a knee injury. At his best and fully healthy, I see Berrios as being a dependable and ultra productive chain mover with decent YAC and intermittent explosive play potential.

Last edited:
Berrios should work on his tan, while he's out. Maybe it'll help him actually catch a ball?

Anyway, a little bird told me that

Firing Day is 85 away.

[video=youtube;PGYAAsHT4QE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYAAsHT4QE[/video]

Advertisement
****, I only said Berrios is a key man in our offense and some of you turn it into a racial thing. One of the reasons Berrios is a key is because Kaaya is comfortable throwing to him because they worked so much together when they first came to school. The kid does get open and he does not have stone hands, he is a reliable receiver. Yeah he had a key drop against FSU but that ball hit the ground hard and came loose.
I don't know that he is better then Lewis, time will tell. At this point in time Kaaya likes to throw to him.

****, I only said Berrios is a key man in our offense and some of you turn it into a racial thing. One of the reasons Berrios is a key is because Kaaya is comfortable throwing to him because they worked so much together when they first came to school. The kid does get open and he does not have stone hands, he is a reliable receiver. Yeah he had a key drop against FSU but that ball hit the ground hard and came loose.
I don't know that he is better then Lewis, time will tell. At this point in time Kaaya likes to throw to him.

Kaaya has the best chemistry on the field by far with Rashawn Scott. Coley and him need to get on the same page however the play calling has been bad to say the least

Advertisement
I know his measurable are off the chart but he seems to be one of those guys that can't stay healthy. Remember he also was hurt his senior year of high school. That's three years in a row he has sustained a significant injury

Advertisement
Again, Berrios is an ordinary talent that would be better suited at UNC, USCe, Wake or Duke.

UM should have never offered Berrios and passed on players like Skai Moore, Quincy Wilson and others.

you guys are a trip.
Berrios will do fine as long as he is in the right position ( slot IMO)
Let's not act like Al and Doritos and start throwing kids under the bus..

Advertisement
Back