Braxton Berrios update

He's done more then malcom Lewis in 1 year. Is malcom also a duke-unc-wake forest type player?[/QUOTE

hes a freakin coaches pet, the only reason he has even sniffed the playing field. coley, scott, waters, lewis, cager all better talents than berrios. 'but he has heart and he gets it" idgaf and btw stats on this team mean jacksht (just like our 15th ranked D) due to coaches playing favorites, trying to manipulate stats to their favor, and just plain incompetency managing talent. im not saying hes terrible but cmon, he is average

There might be some validity to what you're saying but when you try saying that Waters and Lewis are better you lose all credibility.

go ahead and explain to me what makes berrios better than waters or lewis? his SPARQ shuttle time? his performance in the nike high school camp? cuz waters has definitley shown more here at UM and Lewis was killng it as a true fr before snapping his dam ankle. and since coming back lewis hasnt got the chances that berrios has. so what makes berrios better? he has heart? plays the game the right way? hes a good kid and a cane and i wanna see him do well but man do people hype him up to be some sort of stud. i dont see it.

If you read my post before I said he is in no way a stud...he is just a role player guy, just like Lewis and Coley. Waters is...I don't know..just a bust I guess. The point I'm trying to make is that you're here fighting tooth and nail to somehow prove that Lewis and Waters are better than Berrios. I honestly don't think ANY of them have shown enough to compare at all....but Waters has been here for so long and ...nothin....I guess I put him below Berrios for being a failure for longer?? Is that fair?

Coley is just a role player guy?? lmao ok

and lol at berrios being just like coley

Advertisement
Coley shouldn't be a role player. He should be playing the way he played his freshman year don't know.what happened

He's done more then malcom Lewis in 1 year. Is malcom also a duke-unc-wake forest type player?[/QUOTE

hes a freakin coaches pet, the only reason he has even sniffed the playing field. coley, scott, waters, lewis, cager all better talents than berrios. 'but he has heart and he gets it" idgaf and btw stats on this team mean jacksht (just like our 15th ranked D) due to coaches playing favorites, trying to manipulate stats to their favor, and just plain incompetency managing talent. im not saying hes terrible but cmon, he is average
Lewis is not more talented then him lol.

proof? lewis was a 4star out of HS (sfla football not no dam NCarolina or whatever) and was balling out until he hurt his ankle. hasnt had opportunities since hes been back. so how is berrios more talented? cuz you like him? cuz he has "it"? lol
Lewis was never "balling" before his injury. He scored once against BC and had maybe a catch or two against GT. How was he "balling"?

stop deflecting. you have yet to tell me how berrios is more talented than lewis. and yes he was balling wtf he was a true freshman and playing good or as they call it "balling" until he broke the ankle....did you want him to keep playing with the broken ankle?

Lewis is not more talented then him lol.

proof? lewis was a 4star out of HS (sfla football not no dam NCarolina or whatever) and was balling out until he hurt his ankle. hasnt had opportunities since hes been back. so how is berrios more talented? cuz you like him? cuz he has "it"? lol
Lewis was never "balling" before his injury. He scored once against BC and had maybe a catch or two against GT. How was he "balling"?

stop deflecting. you have yet to tell me how berrios is more talented than lewis. and yes he was balling wtf he was a true freshman and playing good or as they call it "balling" until he broke the ankle....did you want him to keep playing with the broken ankle?
What are you talking about deflecting lol? You do realize berrios was a true freshman last year to right lol? Coming off of knee surgery? You want me to tell you why he's more talented you tell me why you think Lewis is more talented? Cause he was a 4 star sfla guy? That says nothing

Advertisement

There might be some validity to what you're saying but when you try saying that Waters and Lewis are better you lose all credibility.

go ahead and explain to me what makes berrios better than waters or lewis? his SPARQ shuttle time? his performance in the nike high school camp? cuz waters has definitley shown more here at UM and Lewis was killng it as a true fr before snapping his dam ankle. and since coming back lewis hasnt got the chances that berrios has. so what makes berrios better? he has heart? plays the game the right way? hes a good kid and a cane and i wanna see him do well but man do people hype him up to be some sort of stud. i dont see it.

If you read my post before I said he is in no way a stud...he is just a role player guy, just like Lewis and Coley. Waters is...I don't know..just a bust I guess. The point I'm trying to make is that you're here fighting tooth and nail to somehow prove that Lewis and Waters are better than Berrios. I honestly don't think ANY of them have shown enough to compare at all....but Waters has been here for so long and ...nothin....I guess I put him below Berrios for being a failure for longer?? Is that fair?

I am not trying to prove jack. Other people are the ones fighting tooth and nail about how good berrios is and that no way lewis or waters are as good as berrios. i am simply asking someone to explain to me how?

I am not trying to prove jack. Other people are the ones fighting tooth and nail about how good berrios is and that no way lewis or waters are as good as berrios. i am simply asking someone to explain to me how?
I didn't say waters I said Lewis. Berrios proved more to me last year then Lewis has in his two years playing. He was opened more was a solid.guy on conversion downs. And other then his drop against FSU was solid threw out. He should strictly stay in the slot where he can easily get open.

Coley shouldn't be a role player. He should be playing the way he played his freshman year don't know.what happened

Exactly! But he is not and I'd GLADLY eat crow if he starts again. The kid seemed to do everything right this offseason. He gained weight, seemed tuned back in, etc. Listen, don't put too much stock in yesterday. He got hurt on a slick field and a terrible throw from Kaaya. No sense at all sending him back in the game even if he felt a little better. His ROLE is a big-play guy...but he's not reliable, which is why he won't get targeted in the natural flow of the game. So try and expand your definition of a "role player".

What are you talking about deflecting lol? You do realize berrios was a true freshman last year to right lol? Coming off of knee surgery? You want me to tell you why he's more talented you tell me why you think Lewis is more talented? Cause he was a 4 star sfla guy? That says nothing

ok you still havent explained how berrios is better...(thats called deflecting)

and what the **** did berrios do as a true freshman that was so impressive?
let me know, i want to find out.

and i was just comparing them out of hs because thats all we have to go on when discussing talent (bc unfortunately talent gets wasted once it gets to UM). none of them have done much at UM. lewis 4star sofla hs football, berrios 3star north carolina kid. so again, how is berrios more talented than lewis?

Advertisement

ok you still havent explained how berrios is better...(thats called deflecting)

and what the **** did berrios do as a true freshman that was so impressive?
let me know, i want to find out.

and i was just comparing them out of hs because thats all we have to go on when discussing talent (bc unfortunately talent gets wasted once it gets to UM). none of them have done much at UM. lewis 4star sofla hs football, berrios 3star north carolina kid. so again, how is berrios more talented than lewis?
I told.you why and berrios was a 4 star also. According to ESPN

Many docs use mcl "strain" and mild partial tear interchangeably. Even moderate partial tears are usually treated conservatively, ie no surgery. Sounds like 3-4 weeks.

And my point is honestly that none of them have shown enough of anything to give us enough info to truly get you that PROOF that you seem so intent on getting. I'd say trust the coaches but they are knuckleheads so I can't do that. Your proof is his HS rating??

Advertisement

I didn't say waters I said Lewis. Berrios proved more to me last year then Lewis has in his two years playing. He was opened more was a solid.guy on conversion downs. And other then his drop against FSU was solid threw out. He should strictly stay in the slot where he can easily get open.

agree to disagree. i just think al golden doesnt play people based off talent. i dont think since lewis came back from ankle injury hes been given a chance. berrios has been one of al's favorites and gets alot of PT for a tr. fr. and considering all the other talent WRs we had on the roster last season.

agree to disagree. i just think al golden doesnt play people based off talent. i dont think since lewis came back from ankle injury hes been given a chance. berrios has been one of al's favorites and gets alot of PT for a tr. fr. and considering all the other talent WRs we had on the roster last season.

Let's all revisit this thread midseason...I'm just happy we're all talkin' Miami football!

Advertisement

Completely agree.

And my point is honestly that none of them have shown enough of anything to give us enough info to truly get you that PROOF that you seem so intent on getting. I'd say trust the coaches but they are knuckleheads so I can't do that. Your proof is his HS rating??

like you said they havent shown enough, so what else do you want to go by when talking about talent? lewis was a 4 star playing SoFla competition and had offers from uf, fsu, osu, etc.. berrios was a 3star North Carolina competition with offers from UNC, duke, wf, etc... at this point it just seems like you are arguing from the heart. not saying berrios sucks, but what makes you say he is more talented than lewis?

i know hs dont mean ****, but again, what else do you want to go by when comparing talent?

considering all the other talent WRs we had on the roster last season.

Dorsett and who? I personally think we worked too hard to get Coley so many shots and the kid did not show up. Berrios showed he could be counted on to move the chains. I still don't forgive him for dropping the TD vs FSU where he was clearly beating his man on a fade route. But until he has dreds he will suck. Got it.

Berrios didn't just have offers from NC teams. He had offers from Clemson Oregon and other high competing Div 1 teams.
And he was a 4 star not 3.

Advertisement
Back