Brain Edwards on why he choose UF...

Who is that Randall kid from Carol City... Should be a 5* star

If you are talking about Randy Russell, 247 says we've offered an their too early CB had him with us.

Randy Russell, Miami Carol City, Safety

Yeah thats him... Dude looks like a beast for sure...

[TWEET]827962985561853955[/TWEET]
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8073]CarolCityHigh[/MENTION] probably are familiar with him.

Advertisement
I can see with redwine but naw man I'd rather have Edwards than Mayes anyday

Funny **** is right now if you asked & had to get an answer the staff would probably tell you they'd prefer Mayes over redwine. Put it this way banda & rumph just had a bet that banda won where the winner could get Mike Jackson at position & the loser would keep redwine. Banda won so we're working with Jackson at free safety now. The whole team doesn't really feel like redwine wants to play. He has a horrible lack of effort.

I like Jackson at safety actually. I'm not convinced JJ and Amari in that backfield just yet.

Personally I think the way it all plays out (eventually)will be with JJ at free and probably romeo at strong. We like our options at strong. In my opinion in 2 years Derrick Smith taking that. That boy has all world potential.

Derrick Smith might not see the field at Miami... Have you ever seen a full game?

Yeah. We played trinity this year. He's **** impressive. Only way he might not see the field here as a starter is because the 18 kids were bringing in are that deep & that good. Derrick Smith will be a monster one way or another.

Funny **** is right now if you asked & had to get an answer the staff would probably tell you they'd prefer Mayes over redwine. Put it this way banda & rumph just had a bet that banda won where the winner could get Mike Jackson at position & the loser would keep redwine. Banda won so we're working with Jackson at free safety now. The whole team doesn't really feel like redwine wants to play. He has a horrible lack of effort.

LMFAO

So now our coaching staff is determining depth chart issues with bets?

Jesus wept.

It could be looked at that way. It's just neither of them is sold on redwine having any desire in what he's doing.I can see the negative in that but depth is relevant to either position. Ones a plus & the other is just there.

What's up with Redwine? He's getting playing time and isn't terrible, he got hoe problems or something?

I think his main problem is he's a loner. Doesn't really vibe with anyone from what I've seen & that's working against him. No one has confidence in him & I think that affects his play. He just doesn't seem to have that fire. He's got intangibles. Free would probably be good for him cause I think he can play in space but I guess we'll see.

Thanks. That's crazy

I like Jackson at safety actually. I'm not convinced JJ and Amari in that backfield just yet.

Personally I think the way it all plays out (eventually)will be with JJ at free and probably romeo at strong. We like our options at strong. In my opinion in 2 years Derrick Smith taking that. That boy has all world potential.

Derrick Smith might not see the field at Miami... Have you ever seen a full game?

Yeah. We played trinity this year. He's **** impressive. Only way he might not see the field here as a starter is because the 18 kids were bringing in are that deep & that good. Derrick Smith will be a monster one way or another.

I don't know about that. I seen him play and I was like who in the **** is playing safety. He stays taking bad angles and even tho he played scared to get beat deep, he still got beat deep playing **** near 30 yards off the ball. I wish the kid luck tho.. Hopefully he can get it together.

I don't know about that. I seen him play and I was like who in the **** is playing safety. He stays taking bad angles and even tho he played scared to get beat deep, he still got beat deep playing **** near 30 yards off the ball. I wish the kid luck tho.. Hopefully he can get it together.

The staff wanted him from day one, the main concern about him was grades. Based on how well they appear to evaluate and recruit, you have to give them and the kid the benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement
Honestly I don't get why people are upset over losing him... to me this kid might as well be from new Jersey cause him & brini were the epitome of golden specials. These are the kids were trying to get out of the program now. He may be a decent safety but far as a corner goes Id rather have Mayes or redwine & that says alot!

So someone in the program see's Smith like I see him...Brooklyn ya'll need to hit ya boy up to evaluate talent for the U lol

I personally think they played him the wrong way. Only say that cause he had the #1 corner in the country for 17 & 18 on either side of him. Why not play him in the box & add pressure. In our scheme you'll see
The couple times I saw him play I was impressed.

It has become a business, thus payment is expected, simple capitalism. It's ok, cause some of these kids feel strongly about taking care of their family. As far as I am concerned, the NCAA needs to clean this **** up. Need an executive order, wtf is Trump when you need him?

Seattle judge says he has to go to Florida.

Honestly I don't get why people are upset over losing him... to me this kid might as well be from new Jersey cause him & brini were the epitome of golden specials. These are the kids were trying to get out of the program now. He may be a decent safety but far as a corner goes Id rather have Mayes or redwine & that says alot!

LMFAO

So now our coaching staff is determining depth chart issues with bets?

Jesus wept.

Jesus probably doesn't care.

Advertisement
Coach (Torrian) Gray, him being my corners coach, he'll get me ready and develop me during the four years and get me ready for the draft.

:topsy_turvy:

Henderson and Edwards are a pair of buffoons falling for Gator **** talk. They are just plain stupid and miami traitors.

I personally think they played him the wrong way. Only say that cause he had the #1 corner in the country for 17 & 18 on either side of him. Why not play him in the box & add pressure. In our scheme you'll see

Any chance he redshirts and makes a move to LB?

I agree with you on this one....

Advertisement
Truthfully, I'm not sure Edwards was ever going to be quick enough to be a CB. He was destined to be a safety. I'm not heart broken because the ones we got are way better and the 2018 Safties are studs. Henderson was the miss, but the kid appears to be an indecisive diva, so no big.

Truthfully, I'm not sure Edwards was ever going to be quick enough to be a CB. He was destined to be a safety. I'm not heart broken because the ones we got are way better and the 2018 Safties are studs. Henderson was the miss, but the kid appears to be an indecisive diva, so no big.

Sorry, didn't mean to downvote.

I wouldn't be surprised just cause he's that big & aggressive already (sortve in the Beason mold where he could play either) but I think it's dependent on what happens with this class & if we get all the safety targets we after. He has a ton of upside though. 24 7 actually just wrote an article about him today

Advertisement
only important and truthful quote in that article:

"i went to UF cause i've never been ****ed by a dude before, and i hear they have really little ****s up their. I'm not willing to go to a school that has legit man size cranks to deal with."

Slick Woods can't quit lying.

I wouldn't be surprised just cause he's that big & aggressive already (sortve in the Beason mold where he could play either) but I think it's dependent on what happens with this class & if we get all the safety targets we after. He has a ton of upside though. 24 7 actually just wrote an article about him today

Any dude who decides to be shirtless when he hosts the coaches on his in-home visit is an ace in my book. That's the kind of guy I want on the team.

We close with Jobe and another top safety.
He can be an elite SAM under Diaz

We close with Jobe and another top safety.
He can be an elite SAM under Diaz

We're gonna have atleast 3 elite safeties in this class. Gilbert & gurvan for sure. Josh could play either corner or fs so well have to see. Our dbs are gonna be some scary mofos these next few years. Grown *** men back there like we've never had. We've had a bunch of bad asses at once (especially early so 2000s) but never a whole bunch of head hunters that flat out scared recievers to catch the ball. We're gonna have like 6 or 7 dbs who don't just wanna tackle they wanna punish. I can't wait

Advertisement
Back