Brain Edwards on why he choose UF...

Truthfully, I'm not sure Edwards was ever going to be quick enough to be a CB. He was destined to be a safety. I'm not heart broken because the ones we got are way better and the 2018 Safties are studs. Henderson was the miss, but the kid appears to be an indecisive diva, so no big.

agree

Advertisement
I don't know about that. I seen him play and I was like who in the **** is playing safety. He stays taking bad angles and even tho he played scared to get beat deep, he still got beat deep playing **** near 30 yards off the ball. I wish the kid luck tho.. Hopefully he can get it together.

I personally think they played him the wrong way. Only say that cause he had the #1 corner in the country for 17 & 18 on either side of him. Why not play him in the box & add pressure. In our scheme you'll see
The couple times I saw him play I was impressed.

Any chance he redshirts and makes a move to LB?
I wouldn't be surprised just cause he's that big & aggressive already (sortve in the Beason mold where he could play either) but I think it's dependent on what happens with this class & if we get all the safety targets we after. He has a ton of upside though. 24 7 actually just wrote an article about him today

Any dude who decides to be shirtless when he hosts the coaches on his in-home visit is an ace in my book. That's the kind of guy I want on the team.

This is the best post in the entire thread. That right there is the real deal info.

I personally think they played him the wrong way. Only say that cause he had the #1 corner in the country for 17 & 18 on either side of him. Why not play him in the box & add pressure. In our scheme you'll see
The couple times I saw him play I was impressed.

Any chance he redshirts and makes a move to LB?
I wouldn't be surprised just cause he's that big & aggressive already (sortve in the Beason mold where he could play either) but I think it's dependent on what happens with this class & if we get all the safety targets we after. He has a ton of upside though. 24 7 actually just wrote an article about him today

We close with Jobe and another top safety.
He can be an elite SAM under Diaz

We're gonna have atleast 3 elite safeties in this class. Gilbert & gurvan for sure. Josh could play either corner or fs so well have to see. Our dbs are gonna be some scary mofos these next few years. Grown *** men back there like we've never had. We've had a bunch of bad asses at once (especially early so 2000s) but never a whole bunch of head hunters that flat out scared recievers to catch the ball. We're gonna have like 6 or 7 dbs who don't just wanna tackle they wanna punish. I can't wait

WE will see

Honestly I don't get why people are upset over losing him... to me this kid might as well be from new Jersey cause him & brini were the epitome of golden specials. These are the kids were trying to get out of the program now. He may be a decent safety but far as a corner goes Id rather have Mayes or redwine & that says alot!
I can see with redwine but naw man I'd rather have Edwards than Mayes anyday

Funny **** is right now if you asked & had to get an answer the staff would probably tell you they'd prefer Mayes over redwine. Put it this way banda & rumph just had a bet that banda won where the winner could get Mike Jackson at position & the loser would keep redwine. Banda won so we're working with Jackson at free safety now. The whole team doesn't really feel like redwine wants to play. He has a horrible lack of effort.

LMFAO

So now our coaching staff is determining depth chart issues with bets?

Jesus wept.

Jesus probably doesn't care.

Prove it

Advertisement

Funny **** is right now if you asked & had to get an answer the staff would probably tell you they'd prefer Mayes over redwine. Put it this way banda & rumph just had a bet that banda won where the winner could get Mike Jackson at position & the loser would keep redwine. Banda won so we're working with Jackson at free safety now. The whole team doesn't really feel like redwine wants to play. He has a horrible lack of effort.

LMFAO

Jesus wept.

Prove it

He's not exactly coming back to complain about it. Unless you mean that one carpenter in Hialeah

LMFAO

Jesus wept.

Prove it

I can't; that's why I used the word "probably." My guess, and of course it's only that, is that he might think that football is only a game. Gormless, perhaps, but he had a reputation for being an outspoken free-thinker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back