Brad Kaaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing WRs open is **** that below average qbs can do... Kaaya was always terrible at it and never improved in the slightest in that area.

Advertisement
Stop. You think if we had a different QB the Golden years would have been different? Maybe cam newton but that’s it. Berlin was 19-5,great. He played on a team with six first rounders and played one of the worst games in Miami QB history to cost us a NC game appearance. He lost to John Bunting. He lost to a garbage Clemson team at home. He lost the de facto ACC championship game at home.

Beating FSU and UF in 2003 and 2004 is nice...but they weren’t very good.

The Berlin revisionist history on here is just insane. In 2003, he had probably the worst season for a Miami starting QB ever. He was decent in 2004 but was still highly inaccurate and put together some bad games. The clemson and vt games in particular.
Beating FSU & UF is nice?
No, Nirvana..

On top of this, he has no idea what kind of leader Kaaya was.

He's just pulling stuff out of his *** crack.

Hey Mark, why does STA have so many transfers? **** shame what that school and their fan/alumni allow. All of them should be ashamed

He absolutely left at the right time. Those of us who know what we're looking at in a player (a small minority around here) said he was very limited in what he could do and laughed at those saying he was a potential first rounder.

Another year would've just highlighted those deficiencies in his game. Zero pocket awareness. Zero mobility, I mean the dude made a double knee brace Marino look like Vick at VT. Literally the worst set of feet I have ever seen which threw off his game a lot and made passes on the move less likely than reaching the moon without a spaceship. His inability to read and recognize blitzes, then knowing how to change the play and formation to account for it was subpar. He didn't throw the deep ball well at all.

He was lucky to get drafted at all. Another year and he likely wouldn't have.

I understand that view if Rosier would have done anything last year - against D1 talent he never put 4 quarters together

And for those crowing about Rosier beating FSU .... please --- BK would have loved to play against last year's FSU team

Advertisement
Kaaya is way better than Rosier. If Kaaya played on last years team we would have easily beat GT and FSU. The only reason Rosier looked clutch is because he put us in those situation. They first down pass in the 4th against GT was lucky as ****.

I have no interest in reading thru 6 pages on this topic.

But I will say... IMO we do not win ten games with Bard at QB in 2017.

Heard the same song and dance about how *this* would be Kaaya's year....every year. He had his 3 chances, it is what it is. It's over.
Yeawe beat Wisky with BK IMO, I thought BK did well vs FSU but the defense always messed up. But he wasnt going to improve like people say if he stood an extra year, he is what he is like most players.
Very unfair to judge Kaaya so harshly. Miami was a hot focking mess when he came. Even with all that he improved (at least statistically) every season! He didn’t have close to the talent depth we have on offense right now. We were suffering from focking probation you ingrates! Plus that scumbag Coley was the Offensive Coordinator (Yikes)!!!There was no stability or consistency under James Coley! Kaaya played under a different offensive scheme for his 3 years at UM. I wonder why Kirby didn’t let Coley be OC or QB Coach? Cause he’s garbage that’s why! He’s being kept on staff as a WR Coach(Can’t really mess that up) and for his recruiting prowess. 11-0 regular season w Kaaya! Lose to Clemson and maybe playoffs, but definitely would’ve beaten Wisky!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya is way better than Rosier. If Kaaya played on last years team we would have easily beat GT and FSU. The only reason Rosier looked clutch is because he put us in those situation. They first down pass in the 4th against GT was lucky as ****.

Kaaya made our team worse... we would’ve been a 9 win team at best, 8 wins most likely if he was our qb last year

Kaaya was more talented than rosier for sure but rosier can do more

Very unfair to judge Kaaya so harshly. Miami was a hot focking mess when he came. Even with all that he improved (at least statistically) every season! He didn’t have close to the talent depth we have on offense right now. We were suffering from focking probation you ingrates! Plus that scumbag Coley was the Offensive Coordinator (Yikes)!!!There was no stability or consistency under James Coley! Kaaya played under a different offensive scheme for his 3 years at UM. I wonder why Kirby didn’t let Coley be OC or QB Coach? Cause he’s garbage that’s why! He’s being kept on staff as a WR Coach(Can’t really mess that up) and for his recruiting prowess. 11-0 regular season w Kaaya! Lose to Clemson and maybe playoffs, but definitely would’ve beaten Wisky!
the whole thing was a mess i agree

The only consistent thing over the past few years has been a poor OL. Once we get the OL squared away we won't require Michael Vick to be successful, and our run game will be much more effective.
Whether we square away the OL this year or not, a mobile college qb is an added threat.... especially if he can throw accurately on the run. The simple fact that a qb is mobile will fvck with a defense, and employing the play action here and there adds to the mix . I'm talking college here, but in the pros look at Cam's success as well.

Advertisement
he plateaued because he didn’t make a jump at all. He was the same QB from 2014 and didn’t develop any further mentally. Stats other than completion percentage and INTs don’t mean **** when it comes to growth. He was horrible on third down, terrible in the red zone, was still making simple mistakes with his mechanics, and was an average decision maker even though it doesn’t look like it. Great QB’s are able to carry teams when needed and he never learned how to become great. Maybe he would’ve if he stayed but he left an above average to good QB.
Did we have the talent depth we have now or last year for that matter? Our O-line was horrifyingly horrendous while Kaaya was here! Even last years line was better. A bunch of Y’all tripping!

Same. Thing. Every. Year. Just glad we finally got results not a bunch of woulda, coulda, shouldas.

Kaaya was more accurate than rosier for sure but rosier can do more

Fifty Definitely not talented at all imo... he was more “accurate” which didn’t mean much for Miami the 3 years he started.

But Rosier has a stronger arm, a dual threat, better pocket presence (doesn’t get rattled and check out of a game after the 1st hit like Kaaya) and just a winner that can come back from deficits and win a winnable game that’s close at the end.

Advertisement
Whether we square away the OL this year or not, a mobile college qb is an added threat.... especially if he can throw accurately on the run. The simple fact that a qb is mobile will fvck with a defense, and employing the play action here and there adds to the mix . I'm talking college here, but in the pros look at Cam's success as well.

Yes, unfortunately this "mobile, accurate" QB scenario you're talking about refers to about one guy every few years. It's just not common. Getting the OL squared away can be done and should be priorities 1, 2, and 3.

Oh believe me, I know. I was on here (old username hughhoney) preaching this to a VERY hostile crowd. I see everyone's on the same page now.
my point was kaaya was not as good golden and pete gassed him up to be. Everyone thought we were getting a program changer. ****, stephen morris went 9-4 with a bum ankle and a bunch of offensive guys getting hurt. Kaaya couldnt make a practice squad. thats telling. Once again, no top west coast program was even fighting for him. it says something.

Berlin did bring us back from down 17 to UF. thats more impressive than anything kaaya did here. Rosier beat two top 15 teams back to back.

Reactions: WIN
LOL like who? I guaranteed we'd win more games last year with a different QB.
richt didnt even try to pitch him to stay. Listen to when he was on Joe rose when kaaya was qb. he would talk about kaaya lacks of feel for pocket, his inability to make a 2nd read, etc. Berlin was not great but too me, it a big game, i rather have him than Kaaya.

Reactions: WIN
my point was kaaya was not as good golden and pete gassed him up to be. Everyone thought we were getting a program changer. ****, stephen morris went 9-4 with a bum ankle and a bunch of offensive guys getting hurt. Kaaya couldnt make a practice squad. thats telling. Once again, no top west coast program was even fighting for him. it says something.

Berlin did bring us back from down 17 to UF. thats more impressive than anything kaaya did here. Rosier beat two top 15 teams back to back.

Yep, I know. That's the point I was trying to make before his junior year. Although I don't buy the lack of recruiting as an indication that he would never be a good QB, there are too many examples to refute that. I do agree that Brock's UF win was probably the most impressive win the program has had since that time. I'll never forget the atmosphere of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back