Brad Kaaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Donowitz

Bear ***
Just saw the highlight of him in INDY where the snap was too high and he couldn’t recover the fumble.

Had me thinking about how far he has fallen from analysts saying he was a potential top 3 and first rounder a few years back to where he is now.

Can’t even make a team as a backup. Yikes!

Advertisement
4th on the depth chart isn't he now? Was expecting to see a good amount of highlights from him and all I saw was that poxy high snap

another one that left early... wouldn't want to develop in an environment that would add to ones value smh. it pains me to see these kids undervalue the experience gained at the college level. if you're not a projected FIRST round pick, stay in school. If you're that great, everyone will know before the next draft. one more year might have made all the difference. obviously he'll never know. sad he had potential

Brad should serve as a cautionary ongoing tale for any Miami player who is considering leaving early.

What I never understood about his decision , especially in contrast to many other Canes who left, was that at the time he had no pressing financial needs. His family was well to do.

He didn't have his own family to support and he was in a position to raise his draft position by staying.

Now unless he lands with a team that has an outstanding OL the odds are stacked against him.

As I do for every Cane, I wish him well

Kaaya plateaued. He absolutely should have gone pro — I don’t see him being drafted any higher if he stuck it out another year and I don’t see the canes being better than 10-3 if he came back, either.

This isn’t a cautionary tale.

Advertisement
Kaaya was nothing special... wouldn’t have been surprised if his numbers would’ve been worse if he stayed.

I think he was an ok player. Seemed like he had great work ethic and effort...just physical limitations.

Advertisement
Kaaya plateaued. He absolutely should have gone pro — I don’t see him being drafted any higher if he stuck it out another year and I don’t see the canes being better than 10-3 if he came back, either.

Perhaps a ... Bronx tale?

Brad should serve as a cautionary ongoing tale for any Miami player who is considering leaving early.

What I never understood about his decision , especially in contrast to many other Canes who left, was that at the time he had no pressing financial needs. His family was well to do.

He didn't have his own family to support and he was in a position to raise his draft position by staying.

Now unless he lands with a team that has an outstanding OL the odds are stacked against him.

You are 100% right, but regrettably, these glaring examples of what not to do are almost universally ignored by Canes underclassmen.

In my view, educating these kids from the very first day they step foot on campus and continuing to hammer into their heads that 'going to get their money' will very likely prove to be the biggest decision of their lives. This should be the highest of priorities for the Canes coaching staff.

I don’t think he fit well in mark’s system. Brad was pocket passer with zero mobility and Mark’s RPO read prove to slow him down. Good kid and I liked him, but I don’t think another year would have helped him. He needed an old school Cane offense and it is not here. Had he stayed, Rosier would not have bet him out and I doubt we win the division in that case. I hope the kid catches on someplace. He is a good Cane.

I liked Brad a lot, but I agree. In fact, I don’t think we go 10-3 with him.

Advertisement
Did some decent things here, but never cared for him. Terrible leader

Miami loses to VT & FSU with Kaaya at QB last season. Probably beats Pitt

Rosier's stats vs those 2 teams:

30-66, 456 yds, 5TD, 4INT
113 yds, 1TD, 1 FUM

We were a pass to run team last year, with a super inaccurate qb. Not gonna say Brad was good, just he would have done better than Malik last year. I wont argue about Brad's leadership, but i dont see Malik as any sort of step up from him.

Advertisement

113 yds, 1TD, 1 FUM

We were a pass to run team last year, with a super inaccurate qb. Not gonna say Brad was good, just he would have done better than Malik last year. I wont argue about Brad's leadership, but i dont see Malik as any sort of step up from him.
The stats don’t tell the whole story. Rosier had many moments where he stepped up big in crunch time. On the other hand, Kaaya rarely delivered in clutch situations.

I don’t think he fit well in mark’s system. Brad was pocket passer with zero mobility and Mark’s RPO read prove to slow him down. Good kid and I liked him, but I don’t think another year would have helped him. He needed an old school Cane offense and it is not here. Had he stayed, Rosier would not have bet him out and I doubt we win the division in that case. I hope the kid catches on someplace. He is a good Cane.

In some parts I agree with your assessment

Last edited:

113 yds, 1TD, 1 FUM

What were the rushing stats against FSU last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back