Brad Kaaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Kaaya plateaued. He absolutely should have gone pro — I don’t see him being drafted any higher if he stuck it out another year and I don’t see the canes being better than 10-3 if he came back, either.

This isn’t a cautionary tale.

Agree 1000%

Kaaya was far more accurate than Rosier. Games probably wouldn't have been that close late with him at qb.
Yeah but kaaya still missed plenty of throws down the field and had a lot of throws that lacked arm strength or impeded the receiver getting a lot of yards after catch

Advertisement
Why because Kaaya never lost to North Carolina, Virginia, Pitt, or Georgia Tech?
close dont equal wins. that kid choked over and over in the 2nd half of games. they were close and he would freeze. start getting all herky jerk. basically letting people sack him. Kaaya lost to a weak Cincy team. Kaaya will never be a winner. he couldnt even make a practice squad. Im look he came here, had bad coaching and was use like a prop by golden. USC, UW, UCLA, Arizona St., zoNA not even Boise were on him when he commited to us. Golden sold him as the next peyton manning to save his job. Ryan Williams should have been the starter.

Berlin was 19-5 and 5-0 vs. UF and FSU.

From a skillset standpoint, you are correct. Regarding leadership, competitive edge and thirst for winning? Not a chance.

“Thirst for winning.” Yeah Brock’s loss at home to VT to cost us the ACC championship was just amazing.

Miami loses to VT & FSU with Kaaya at QB last season. Probably beats Pitt

This is such a stupid claim.

People just make stuff up sometimes.

Rosier was trash against VT (threw 3 picks) and we still won by 3 scores. Somehow you think Kaaya would've played worse and/or cost us a game that the defense dominated?

Silliness.

Did some decent things here, but never cared for him. Terrible leader

Miami loses to VT & FSU with Kaaya at QB last season. Probably beats Pitt
My question to you is this. Would you say it to his face?

Advertisement
Why do people feel compelled to take shots at Brad? He was a better QB than Malik. Malik is more athletic, but not in the same stratosphere throwing as Brad. Brad led what should have been the game tying drive against FSU. He also destroyed a VT team as well. The game was over by the half. He played better than a lot of people want to give him credit for.

Not saying he’s an all time great, but as a QB he’s an upgrade over Jacory, Morris, and Malik.

Advertisement
close dont equal wins. that kid choked over and over in the 2nd half of games. they were close and he would freeze. start getting all herky jerk. basically letting people sack him. Kaaya lost to a weak Cincy team. Kaaya will never be a winner. he couldnt even make a practice squad. Im look he came here, had bad coaching and was use like a prop by golden. USC, UW, UCLA, Arizona St., zoNA not even Boise were on him when he commited to us. Golden sold him as the next peyton manning to save his job. Ryan Williams should have been the starter.

Stop. You think if we had a different QB the Golden years would have been different? Maybe cam newton but that’s it. Berlin was 19-5,great. He played on a team with six first rounders and played one of the worst games in Miami QB history to cost us a NC game appearance. He lost to John Bunting. He lost to a garbage Clemson team at home. He lost the de facto ACC championship game at home.

Beating FSU and UF in 2003 and 2004 is nice...but they weren’t very good.

The Berlin revisionist history on here is just insane. In 2003, he had probably the worst season for a Miami starting QB ever. He was decent in 2004 but was still highly inaccurate and put together some bad games. The clemson and vt games in particular.

Things happen for a reason.

Although i've been down on Rosier for the way he fell apart at the end of the season. I'm glad he got the chance to put on for this program. People thought we were dead in the water because Brad left. Rosier was given no shot by most and my petty nitpicking can't take away the fact. That he was a big part in our run last year.

Advertisement

Oh believe me, I know. I was on here (old username hughhoney) preaching this to a VERY hostile crowd. I see everyone's on the same page now.

And now we get super cliche guy telling us something super clichey.

Lol !!
There are many super cliche, big word, pet phrase posters on this site.
At times I think some of these posters just want to use certain words in a post and they tailor the content of the post to work in their buzzwords.
Kinda like putting the cart before the horse ( see I’m even doing it....lol).

Things happen for a reason.

Although i've been down on Rosier for the way he fell apart at the end of the season. I'm glad he got the chance to put on for this program. People thought we were dead in the water because Brad left. Rosier was given no shot by most and my petty nitpicking can't take away the fact. That he was a big part in our run last year.

LOL like who? I guaranteed we'd win more games last year with a different QB.

“Thirst for winning.” Yeah Brock’s loss at home to VT to cost us the ACC championship was just amazing.

That's not the definition of thirst for winning - dude was a competitor and absolutely hated to lose. And I was at the 2004 Miami-VT game. Berlin didn't cost us - play calling cost us. We threw more screen passes in that game than any other time I can recall. The final drive we threw 3 or 4 straight screen passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back