Brad Kaaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone, have moved on, still was a Cane, playing under Golden et. al was a burden, I just don't think Brad is a NFL QB.

Advertisement
Rosier won as many big games for Miami in one season then Kaaya did in 3 years. That pretty much sums it up case closed lock this thread. “Shut this ************ down” -Jon Taffer

He probably didn't feel adequately loved by Rick so those clown QB guru voices back on his Cali "team" were probably even easier to believe when they filled his head with visions of glory if he came out early.

I think he's a good kid and wish him nothing but success....but I'm not holding my breath on it either. Short of putting the kid behind an all-pro o-line like Dallas' I don't see how you overcome his big issues with his overall mechanical limitations.

Dont think kaaya fit in CMRs system at all. He was not a threat on RPOs and teams knew it. Hes wasnt ready for the NFL either. Hindsight is 20/20. He probably should of transferred out but the hype got to him and he declared. In what little I saw, he looks scared in the pocket. You really got to be willing to take some licks to play QB in the NFL

Advertisement
Dude didn’t have nfl intangibles. The second the play broke down, his cement boots and mental limitations doomed him.

So, the question is does Kaaya get placed into the F. Costa, R. Collins, R. Clement, or J. Harris list or the Kosar, Testaverde, Torreta, Dorsey list?

Just saw the highlight of him in INDY where the snap was too high and he couldn’t recover the fumble.

Had me thinking about how far he has fallen from analysts saying he was a potential top 3 and first rounder a few years back to where he is now.

Can’t even make a team as a backup. Yikes!
So now you are blaming him for a BAD snap! UFB!!

It’s still baffling that Kaaya didn’t have one signature game or moment in three years as a starter. He seems like a good dude, but it was probably better for all parties that he left.
His best signature moment was turning it around in the bowl game vs wvu. A little too late but I’ll take it since we hadn’t won a bowl game in along time

Advertisement
Kaaya wasn't a leader. He was a stat collector and a passive presence on the field. Not even on my all time list of top 10 UM QBs

Kaaya plateaued. He absolutely should have gone pro — I don’t see him being drafted any higher if he stuck it out another year and I don’t see the canes being better than 10-3 if he came back, either.

This isn’t a cautionary tale.
Not only did he plateau but the offense was an extremely bad fit. I honestly believe there isn’t one athletic trait in his body and if you go look at UGA’s QB’s, the most unathletic was Matt Stafford but even he can still move a bit.

Kaaya wasn't a leader. He was a stat collector and a passive presence on the field. Not even on my all time list of top 10 UM QBs
right. he always looked scared. Richt didnt try to keep him. Kid couldnt make a second read. Golden also
throw him out there as a true freshman to save him job. Golden was great at making excuses. Kaaya's mom loved golden too so they
knew it was a wrap with richt.

Advertisement
Costa was good....but played with a 237 pound olineman trying to protect him, yikes!

Being mentioned as a potential top 3 draft pick was the worst thing that could have ever happened to him. Nowhere to go but down from there.

Advertisement
So, the question is does Kaaya get placed into the F. Costa, R. Collins, R. Clement, or J. Harris list or the Kosar, Testaverde, Torreta, Dorsey list?
Gets placed on the Kaaya list,, some potential no cigar..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back