brad kaaya scouting report from wfb

Advertisement
Blaine Gabbert is his NFL comparison? Bwahaha ha. I actually think it should be Peyton Manning, like 45 yr old manning. Lol. Not mobile adequate arm, intelligent, student of the game. Just ZERO leadership ability.

If you are being compared to Christian Hackenberg and Blaine Gabbert, you're doomed.

Advertisement
Don't care. He's not playing college anymore. I wish him well and pray he is not on my favorite NFL team.

This is the most revealing question: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft and invest in Kaaya?
I'm a Ravens fan & the only other QB that frustrates me more than Flacco is Kaaya lol

When Flacco got the big contract after the Super Bowl I felt it was the team that won the game and the QB was getting credit. Also felt then that his contract would hamper the team from keeping and signing players to compete. I am wondering if Ravens fans felt or feel the same way? Seems like a lot of meh QBs getting big contracts for the team's work or because they are QBs and not because they are deserving of it.

His departure doesn't make much sense, under any set of circumstances.

That said, it's got to be one of three things, or a combination of them:

1.) Kaaya was tired of being hit. We had a porous OL, and he was sick of losing molars. The weakest reason to leave, but in being "bred for this," la familia may have coddled him too much.

2.) He doesn't get along with Richt and/or Richt's offensive philosophy. I don't doubt he may have been frustrated by some of Richt's calls, but being that Richt is an approachable "player's coach" with an impressive track record with QBs, I have a hard time envisioning true tension between the two. But who knows? Seriously. Who knows? Because I want to.

3.) Piggybacking on the whole "bred for this" thing...His west coast mentors and family were blowing too much sunshine up his skirt. Telling him he's better than he is. That he's more ready than he is.

I'm supremely disappointed he's not coming back. I think we could have been special next year with him -- might still be! But he had the opportunity to really cement Miami as "back" next year all while improving his draft stock and bottom dollar. I don't at all understand how you leave Miami given those circumstances, and having never beaten FSU. It's one or all of the above.

Brad Kaaya Scouting Report
Strengths:
Quality arm strength
Flashes ability to make some perfect throws
Can make all the throws required
Throws a catchable ball
Can throw passes with touch
Can throw the deep ball
Works through progressions in a clean pocket
Good field vision in a clean pocket
Has some experience working under center
Tough; takes big hits

Weaknesses:
Terrible vision; looks down at the pass rush
Crippling lack of mobility in the pocket
Very poor at avoiding sacks
Lacks pocket presence
Lacks awareness

Player Comparison: Ryan Tannehill

Fixed. I swear that could be the exact scouting report for Tannehill too.

u do know tannehill is actually pretty athletic

Don't care. He's not playing college anymore. I wish him well and pray he is not on my favorite NFL team.

This is the most revealing question: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft and invest in Kaaya?
I'm a Ravens fan & the only other QB that frustrates me more than Flacco is Kaaya lol

When Flacco got the big contract after the Super Bowl I felt it was the team that won the game and the QB was getting credit. Also felt then that his contract would hamper the team from keeping and signing players to compete. I am wondering if Ravens fans felt or feel the same way? Seems like a lot of meh QBs getting big contracts for the team's work or because they are QBs and not because they are deserving of it.
Flacco benefitted from Ray Lewis's last ride & Ed Reed playing his last days in the league needing to go out with at least one title.

He also had the safety blanket of Anquan Boldin & Ray Rice was a pretty **** good back before the infamous elevator incident.

The Ravens have struggled to make it back to the playoffs for two main reasons... Flacco & the Secondary.

Flacco is a limited QB, he has a big arm & that's it... They've gone through 4 OC's & it's the exact same results.

And as much as I love Ozzie Newsome, he's done a fairly poor job drafting over the last 4 years, the refusal to draft a viable CB & FS comes back to bite us every **** time down the stretch for the last 6 games of the season.

We have a good run Defense, but struggle against teams that can actually throw the ball & our top Edge rushers are old.

Last edited:
Advertisement
why did he come out??? he really must have had some conflict with richt.

on a side note is it possible for him to improve his athleticism? i just wonder how a 21 year old kid who has played sports his entire life can move so poorly. there has got to be a way for him to improve his movement.

I've heard from interns in the football offices that he doesn't like Rick, but I always assumed that was false gossip. Reading this makes me think maybe Kaaya really didn't want to stick around any longer in part because of that.

I personally think he was getting too much sunshine blown up his ****** from his outside "mentors/gurus" on the West Coast but the Rick dynamic would be an interesting one to hear about if the facts ever do come out (if there are any to come out). Unless Golden and Coley were flat out worshiping the kid I can't see how there'd be that much of a personality conflict with Rick. I also can't see how Rick would even remotely suggest that him leaving this year would be wise either. There's something not adding up here beyond it being a weak QB class- and even that may end up being problematic as it seems like everyone declared that could've thus throwing our guy in a big pack of available QBs with possible question marks.

matt porter in an interview mentioned that richt and kaaya didnt exactly see eye to eye and preferred his relationship w coley

If anyone is surprised in the slightest by this scouting report or teams grade of him you clearly havent watched many games this season or the 2 previous seasons.
This was all obvious all season long. However, he is very good when he has a clean pocket which indicates what he could be if he is able to improve his game while under pressure. If you just focus on the actual traits he does posess, he has the potential to be a high pick. Obviously his performance in the face of pressure cant be ignored and will be the reason he SHOULD be a 4th-5th round pick. However with all the teams needing a qb and the fact that this is a decently weak class, Id expect him to go somewhere in the 2nd round and maybe eaely 3rd.
Secondly, I have seen nothing that tells me he is a poor leader and id expect him to nail his interviews. Really wouldnt surprise me to see him run a decent 40 either, although its completely meaningless. I think he made the right decision leaving early mainly because i dont think he was going to improve his pocket mobility here. maybe he will with an nfl qb coaach. would have loved for him to stay, but agree with his decision

It's obvious why he left. He left because he wasn't going to get 'better' playing in this offense because it made him do the exact opposite of what he's good at which is throwing the ball vertically down the field instead of throwing it in a spot. Plus he can't run his rpo which was probably why Richt wasn't so gun ho to keep him

Last edited:
It's time to move on! I got so tired of his three and outs. Seems like you can only get two quarters out of him.

Advertisement
Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership and being self-absorbed rather than focused on the team. During the fall, sources said that Kaaya talked about how this would be a good year to come out because it is a weak quarterback class and that could push him into the second or third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. Sources would have preferred hearing that Kaaya had a singular focus on beating his next opponent.

This was extremely disappointing to read

That's if you believe these unidentified sauces

Brad Kaaya Scouting Report
Strengths:
Quality arm strength
Flashes ability to make some perfect throws
Can make all the throws required
Throws a catchable ball
Can throw passes with touch
Can throw the deep ball
Works through progressions in a clean pocket
Good field vision in a clean pocket
Has some experience working under center
Tough; takes big hits

Weaknesses:
Terrible vision; looks down at the pass rush
Crippling lack of mobility in the pocket
Very poor at avoiding sacks
Lacks pocket presence
Lacks awareness

Player Comparison: Ryan Tannehill

Fixed. I swear that could be the exact scouting report for Tannehill too.

u do know tannehill is actually pretty athletic

I wasn't comparing their athleticism, only the extreme similarities to the listed strengths and weaknesses. They both lack pocket presence, lack awareness, and have a propensity to walk into sacks when pressured (I can't even count the number of times I've watched both basically sack themselves). They also both are talented passers that can make all the throws when given a clean pocket and time to throw. Tannehill progressed a little this year under Gase, but I can't help but view Kaaya as having a similar ceiling as Tannehill.

Unless he plays in an offense designed for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady where they get the ball out so quick then Kaaya will just be a glorified backup, unfortunately.

Advertisement
Kid wants to get a job and start making money cool.

There is nothing new in that article and it's all been said some many times on this board that the evaluation doesn't even serve to validate the opinions here. Only tells that Kayaa deficiencies are obvious to the trained and untrained eye.

I think it was time for both parties to move on. Both parties had maxed out this relationship and there really wasn't any reason for him to stay.

Brad's a smart kid and he knows without a championship that his records would mean nothing and fans would never recognize him as the goat even if he threw 1,000 TDs.

For the team it's time to let someone run it with a different type of attitude at the position for better or for worst.

His departure doesn't make much sense, under any set of circumstances.

That said, it's got to be one of three things, or a combination of them:

1.) Kaaya was tired of being hit. We had a porous OL, and he was sick of losing molars. The weakest reason to leave, but in being "bred for this," la familia may have coddled him too much.

2.) He doesn't get along with Richt and/or Richt's offensive philosophy. I don't doubt he may have been frustrated by some of Richt's calls, but being that Richt is an approachable "player's coach" with an impressive track record with QBs, I have a hard time envisioning true tension between the two. But who knows? Seriously. Who knows? Because I want to.

3.) Piggybacking on the whole "bred for this" thing...His west coast mentors and family were blowing too much sunshine up his skirt. Telling him he's better than he is. That he's more ready than he is.

I'm supremely disappointed he's not coming back. I think we could have been special next year with him -- might still be! But he had the opportunity to really cement Miami as "back" next year all while improving his draft stock and bottom dollar. I don't at all understand how you leave Miami given those circumstances, and having never beaten FSU. It's one or all of the above.

It makes perfect sense to leave early in a weak qb class that could get him drafted highly. next years class is stronger. so unless he can improve his draft stock why stay? and his biggest problem has always been his pocket mobility. if in his senior year he could go out there and drastically improve on that, then yeah he should stay. but with us not having the best ol i dont think he would look much better even after a full offseason of training.
so with an additional yr he likely wont get drafted higher or actually learn much new. might as well get payed to play, and get coached by the best, and have a 1 yr jump on future contact

Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership and being self-absorbed rather than focused on the team. During the fall, sources said that Kaaya talked about how this would be a good year to come out because it is a weak quarterback class and that could push him into the second or third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. Sources would have preferred hearing that Kaaya had a singular focus on beating his next opponent.

This was extremely disappointing to read

So Kaaya was a "me" guy all along

Advertisement
Back