brad kaaya scouting report from wfb

If Brad Kaaya was the qb for Clemson they'd be a 4 or 5 loss team this year. With Deshaun Watson Miami would've won the ACC.

No they wouldn't have been a 4-5 loss team. The only difference between Brad and Deshaun is that Deshaun is 4x the athlete Brad is. Other than that and Deshaun having a slightly better arm, they have the same problems

:monkey-serious:

Watson has a better arm AND is 4x the athlete Kaaya is, and you don't think that wins Miami another 2-3 games this past season?

... Or, are you just arguing the semantics of Clemson only being a "3 or 4 loss" team with Kaaya, instead of "4-5 loss team"???

Advertisement
why did he come out??? he really must have had some conflict with richt.

on a side note is it possible for him to improve his athleticism? i just wonder how a 21 year old kid who has played sports his entire life can move so poorly. there has got to be a way for him to improve his movement.

Why do you sound so sure a conflict with Richt is why he came out? Kaaya made up his mind for reasons only he knows

Brad Kaaya Scouting Report
Strengths:
Quality arm strength
Flashes ability to make some perfect throws
Can make all the throws required
Throws a catchable ball
Can throw passes with touch
Can throw the deep ball
Works through progressions in a clean pocket
Good field vision in a clean pocket
Has some experience working under center
Tough; takes big hits

Weaknesses:
Terrible vision; looks down at the pass rush
Crippling lack of mobility in the pocket
Very poor at avoiding sacks
Lacks pocket presence
Lacks awareness

Player Comparison: Ryan Tannehill

Fixed. I swear that could be the exact scouting report for Tannehill too.

If Kaaya runs a 4.65 40 I'll ban myself.

If he doesnt improve on his freshman 40 time he will run the slowest ever QB 40 at the combine. Doubt he runs it.

Brad Kaaya Scouting Report
Strengths:
Quality arm strength
Flashes ability to make some perfect throws
Can make all the throws required
Throws a catchable ball
Can throw passes with touch
Can throw the deep ball
Works through progressions in a clean pocket
Good field vision in a clean pocket
Has some experience working under center
Tough; takes big hits

Weaknesses:
Terrible vision; looks down at the pass rush
Crippling lack of mobility in the pocket
Very poor at avoiding sacks
Lacks pocket presence
Lacks awareness

Player Comparison: Ryan Tannehill

Fixed. I swear that could be the exact scouting report for Tannehill too.

u do know tannehill is actually pretty athletic

Tannehill can also tear off a 30-40 yard run once in a while.

As often as that scouting report mentioned Kaaya's lack of mobility it never specifically mentioned his refusal or inability to scramble for short yardage. Every QB in the NFL,including Brady ,will take off and get 8-9 yds when its given to him. Kaaya did that maybe twice in 3 years. Long run 12 yards.

Advertisement
That was about as accurate a scouting report as I've ever read. I wouldn't go anywhere near Kaaya as an NFL GM after watching him this year. I expected him to gradually get better with his footwork in the pocket and his ability to move subtly. He didn't. Maybe that has something to do with the gripes about him not being focused on the team.

I don't see any possible way that the Kaaya we saw this year can succeed in the NFL with those animals bearing down on him on every snap.

What he needs to do is fire his QB coach.
Dude had one job - find a way to improve his footwork and mobility in the pocket....and it got worse this year.

Whats he paying that guys for?

That dude either watched a lot of film, talked to a lot of people or did a lot of message board research.

Perhaps all three. Because we've been watching his every detailed move for 3 years and it's about what we would have written about him.

I was told this was an "internal conflict" situation with Kaaya and coaches, and shrugged it off. It's really one of the only logical things I'd understand for his decision. Otherwise, it's just a weirdly bad "business" decision long-term. Sure, he may sneak on to someone's 3rd round, but I think he puts himself at risk for long-term sustainability as an NFL player.

Oh well. On the next QB.

That dude either watched a lot of film, talked to a lot of people or did a lot of message board research.

Perhaps all three. Because we've been watching his every detailed move for 3 years and it's about what we would have written about him.

I was told this was an "internal conflict" situation with Kaaya and coaches, and shrugged it off. It's really one of the only logical things I'd understand for his decision. Otherwise, it's just a weirdly bad "business" decision long-term. Sure, he may sneak on to someone's 3rd round, but I think he puts himself at risk for long-term sustainability as an NFL player.

Oh well. On the next QB.

He would have long term sustainability problems anyway.
I think also one big positive that I haven't mentioned about leaving early is that he doesn't put yet another year on tape of him being terrible in the pocket, which I'm sure he would. You suck at it all 3 years, then as a senior still absolutely suck at it and teams will probably not even give you a chance unless your other traits are off the charts - which Kaaya's aren't.

I still think a team that doesn't need a qb immediately take him in the 2nd round...Maybe falls to the 3rd.

If you have a QB that wants to leave because hes a late 2nd/3rd rounder, you dont want him.

One more year might have helped him. IF he wanted help.

Best QB we've had since Dorsey, close tie with Stephen Morris when he was healthy.

He'll be a suitable backup, especially if he has protection like Tom Brady has.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
kayaa's not a winner, I have a feeling we're about to have our winningest QB since Berlin coming up

Ok, which one of you guys wrote this? Pretty sure I've read the phrase "crippling lack of mobility" before.

Advertisement
If Brad Kaaya was the qb for Clemson they'd be a 4 or 5 loss team this year. With Deshaun Watson Miami would've won the ACC.

No they wouldn't have been a 4-5 loss team. The only difference between Brad and Deshaun is that Deshaun is 4x the athlete Brad is. Other than that and Deshaun having a slightly better arm, they have the same problems
Watson has a better arm AND is 4x the athlete Kaaya is, and you don't think that wins Miami another 2-3 games this past season?

... Or, are you just arguing the semantics of Clemson only being a "3 or 4 loss" team with Kaaya, instead of "4-5 loss team"???

if brad had even half of deshaun's athletic ability, we win another 2 games.

If he had 2 of watson's lineman he would win 2 more games...

Last edited:
I think Kaayas knee was not the same since the app st game. Ever since then he was throwing off his backfoot **** near every time there was pressure. Not making excuses, he was inconsistent, and the scouting report is accurate. Wish the kid the best. Hope he can learn to move in the pocket.

Advertisement
Same things I was saying in year one. Nothing new to see, wish him well, but a lot of people here sure never miss an opportunity to dump on a Cane.

You should post some of those screen grabs of your Kaaya and Watson argument. Then post a clip of Watson marching his team down the field against Alabama to win the title.

I get the feeling Rick wasn't all busted up to see Kaaya leave. He had one pretty cold comment on the subject after Kaaya declared where he said something like "he's doing what he thinks he should do."

He admitted as much. Basically said that it's tough for a young wr to grow with a QB who will be gone in a year and might be better for player development to start fresh at QB.

Watson is a national championship QB. Kaaya, with NFL talent all over the offense, had one quality win in 3 years. Pro potential aside, Watson was 10x the college QB that Kaaya was.

Advertisement
Back