brad kaaya scouting report from wfb

Yet ppl on this site really believe they were right in blaming Richt for this clowns performance?? Brad Kaaya leaving early was the best thing that could happen to this program for next season. We weren't going to win shx with him at qb.
kaaya struggled greatly when pressured, but overall he was a very good qb to play here. no way in **** id take any true freshman over a senior kaaya

I'd take a freshmen michael vick in a heartbeat thank you

Advertisement
Again, I'm thankful that Kaaya steadied the ship a few years back and didn't run far far away from Golden like most players with a modicum of sense. However, I can't recall a game where Kaaya put the offense on his shoulders and beat a better team. His moment might have been the final drive in the fsu game, but I would have hoped he'd be dialed to 11 the entire game, not just the final drive. I have to admit it might be an unfair expectation as he took some serious shots in that game but that's what a great college qb does. Why did a head case, no talent qb like Manziel get drafted so high? Because he won games against better opponents almost entirely on his own. Kaaya generally did the QBs job of getting the ball to playmakers, but if the rest of the offense wasn't executing well he wasn't quite good enough to grab the reins and make the offense go.

go Brad!

We need him to represent in the league.

After the NW crew -- Forston, Streeter, Washington, etc. -- I'm over kids who leave early but probably shouldn't -- onto tomorrow. Dorsey (7th rd.) the last QB picked from the U?

If Brad Kaaya was the qb for Clemson they'd be a 4 or 5 loss team this year. With Deshaun Watson Miami would've won the ACC.

No they wouldn't have been a 4-5 loss team. The only difference between Brad and Deshaun is that Deshaun is 4x the athlete Brad is. Other than that and Deshaun having a slightly better arm, they have the same problems
:monkey-serious:
Watson has a better arm AND is 4x the athlete Kaaya is, and you don't think that wins Miami another 2-3 games this past season?

... Or, are you just arguing the semantics of Clemson only being a "3 or 4 loss" team with Kaaya, instead of "4-5 loss team"???

if brad had even half of deshaun's athletic ability, we win another 2 games.

No they wouldn't have been a 4-5 loss team. The only difference between Brad and Deshaun is that Deshaun is 4x the athlete Brad is. Other than that and Deshaun having a slightly better arm, they have the same problems
:monkey-serious:
Watson has a better arm AND is 4x the athlete Kaaya is, and you don't think that wins Miami another 2-3 games this past season?

... Or, are you just arguing the semantics of Clemson only being a "3 or 4 loss" team with Kaaya, instead of "4-5 loss team"???

if brad had even half of deshaun's athletic ability, we win another 2 games.

If he had 2 of watson's lineman he would win 2 more games...

Watson is a national championship QB. Kaaya, with NFL talent all over the offense, had one quality win in 3 years. Pro potential aside, Watson was 10x the college QB that Kaaya was.

Of course I'm not debating that he wasn't. Watson was one of the all time great college qbs. Kaay on the other hand had he had 2 of clemsons oline in particular I don't think we would have lost against fsu, unc and notre dame for sure even va tech. A qb being sacked 9 times? Come on now...(some were his fault that's for sure but a bunch wasn't). It's not a crazy statement to say miami would have won at least 3 more games with a better oline

Advertisement
why did he come out??? he really must have had some conflict with richt.

on a side note is it possible for him to improve his athleticism? i just wonder how a 21 year old kid who has played sports his entire life can move so poorly. there has got to be a way for him to improve his movement.

I've heard from interns in the football offices that he doesn't like Rick, but I always assumed that was false gossip. Reading this makes me think maybe Kaaya really didn't want to stick around any longer in part because of that.

If this is true, it actually gives me more faith in Richt. Coaching kids hard and demanding excellence at the QB position is imperative. Good to hear his behind the scenes coaching and media persona are two different things.

Advertisement

on a side note is it possible for him to improve his athleticism? i just wonder how a 21 year old kid who has played sports his entire life can move so poorly. there has got to be a way for him to improve his movement.

I've heard from interns in the football offices that he doesn't like Rick, but I always assumed that was false gossip. Reading this makes me think maybe Kaaya really didn't want to stick around any longer in part because of that.

I've also heard the rumors that him and Richt didn't exactly see eye to eye due mostly to the fact that Richt's preferred offense doesn't suit Kaaya's skill set very well. All I know is somewhere along the way, after one of the 10,000 hits he took the last few seasons, he got shaken. It's tough to ask a kid to stand in the pocket and keep his eyes down field when you know he's going to get smashed almost every time he drops back.

I'm not sure I know an offense that can be catered to a cement foot, tunnel staring, zero pocket presence QB.

Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership and being self-absorbed rather than focused on the team. During the fall, sources said that Kaaya talked about how this would be a good year to come out because it is a weak quarterback class and that could push him into the second or third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. Sources would have preferred hearing that Kaaya had a singular focus on beating his next opponent.

This was extremely disappointing to read

But perfectly displayed in every Brad Kaaya post-game interview for three years.

Brad Kaaya Scouting Report

Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership and being self-absorbed rather than focused on the team. During the fall, sources said that Kaaya talked about how this would be a good year to come out because it is a weak quarterback class and that could push him into the second or third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. Sources would have preferred hearing that Kaaya had a singular focus on beating his next opponent.
WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Brad Kaaya

Never heard this on here that he was expressing this during the season but he is correct. Terrible qb draft class

Advertisement
Again, I'm thankful that Kaaya steadied the ship a few years back and didn't run far far away from Golden like most players with a modicum of sense. However, I can't recall a game where Kaaya put the offense on his shoulders and beat a better team. His moment might have been the final drive in the fsu game, but I would have hoped he'd be dialed to 11 the entire game, not just the final drive. I have to admit it might be an unfair expectation as he took some serious shots in that game but that's what a great college qb does. Why did a head case, no talent qb like Manziel get drafted so high? Because he won games against better opponents almost entirely on his own. Kaaya generally did the QBs job of getting the ball to playmakers, but if the rest of the offense wasn't executing well he wasn't quite good enough to grab the reins and make the offense go.

Manziel got drafted so high because the browns are the browns and there are a few other teams that draft just as bad. He did not deserve to be a 1st round pick and is a bust. So bad example.

I've also heard the rumors that him and Richt didn't exactly see eye to eye due mostly to the fact that Richt's preferred offense doesn't suit Kaaya's skill set very well. All I know is somewhere along the way, after one of the 10,000 hits he took the last few seasons, he got shaken. It's tough to ask a kid to stand in the pocket and keep his eyes down field when you know he's going to get smashed almost every time he drops back.

I'm not sure I know an offense that can be catered to a cement foot, tunnel staring, zero pocket presence QB.

James Coley's.

"Coach said be a McDonald cheeseburger. Everyone buys it because it’s always consistent. Be a cheeseburger every week."

:kaaya:

Advertisement
More and more concern is brought over his draft status and this guy chose to just bail to be a fifth round pick rather than trust the system and see where his potential could lead him. I'll probably smirk when I see this guy throw up the U in preseason but other than thathat I won't be too upset when I hear reports of him playing with tommy Streeter on the practice squad. Bye felicia

There is zero guarantee that he would improve or be better next year. Everyone who says this just assumes that is the case cause it helps their argument. As it happens, the longer players stay, the more they are scrutinized and flaws are found. His mobility and awareness will probably not improve materially since these seem to be more innate things that guys have or don't, from having played this long. So if there is a chance to go in 2nd-3rd cause a team overreaches, why not leave and then get trained by guys who are better at this and with an unlimited amount of practice time. As opposed to dealing with an OL that may be as bad next year and some unproven WRs.

I selfishly wanted him to stay as I think it gives us the best chance to win. But I disagree with people saying he should've stayed as a guarantee he'd be a 1st rounder.

But who knows.

I had a sense all year that he wasnt all in on what Richt was doing on O. You could sense it in his interviews and some of his tweets.

He misses James Coley...awwwww

Advertisement
Back