Brad Kaaya has committed- per Peter Ariz

Chaminade plays in the Western division, which is a pretty tough division in CIF. Probably a top 5 division IMO. Their league (district) is decent with Cathedral and Serra. They play Oaks Christian, Notre Dame-Sherman Oaks and Serra next year. Those are all top 25 teams in the state and Serra is a top 25 team in the nation.

Advertisement
Chaminade plays in the Western division, which is a pretty tough division in CIF. Probably a top 5 division IMO. Their league (district) is decent with Cathedral and Serra. They play Oaks Christian, Notre Dame-Sherman Oaks and Serra next year. Those are all top 25 teams in the state and Serra is a top 25 team in the nation.

Serra is absolutely loaded with D1 prospects it seems. Lots of defensive guys too IIRC, so that should be an interesting match-up for Kaaya.

Serra is absolutely loaded with D1 prospects it seems. Lots of defensive guys too IIRC, so that should be an interesting match-up for Kaaya.

I wanna see central vs Serra

Advertisement
USC took Carson Palmer I believe, so Dorsey wasn't in on that, but Tennessee was no joke at the time and they wanted him to replace Tee Martin.

The reason people don't think he was a great prospect is because the school he actually wanted, Cal, took someone else (Kyle Boller) over him. Supports the "undersog" mythos. And I mean, really, with his string bean frame and relative inability to throw a football through a brick wall, he was an underdog to ever become what he was.

And Clausen went to Tennessee, "leaving" us Dorsey.

Advertisement
Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz
...UM OC Coley called Hialeah coach Mark Berman today to tell him offer to Edouard still stands. He said Coley and Edouard will speak soon.

Alin twit right after:

Alin Edouard #10 @ALLEN_EDWARD2
LOL THINGS ARE REALLY FUNNY AROUD HERE ..

Kid has known we were bringing in 2 QB's, now he knows his offer stands. If he has hurt feeling so be it, at least he knows now so there is still time for him to get offers elswhere.,

This is the way it should be. Both of them get to sit down as men, talk about their respective viewpoints and situations, and figure out whether the commitment is going to work out or not.

If Alin decides he's no longer interested, then best of luck to him in the recruiting process, I personally wish him the best. If he decides he is interested then he needs stick with his commitment and stops with all the wishy washiness. I just hope either way the whole thing is solved now instead of becoming the soap opera some of these recruitments turn out to be.

Yup, time to man up. Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Erickson each waited their turn and succeded. Back to the old days of a QB glut. We just need time to get the spacing in sync and all these guys will get a shot.

It wasn't always so muich of a glut. We had periods during the late '80's when we were very thin. My recollection is that our 1987 was one injury away from disaster. We had Steve Walsh, a first time starter, backed up by a true freshman, Craig Ericson. Behind him, we had to bring in a graduated backup punter, Kirk Sandifer, who had also played QB in HS.

No way we had a glut.

We had a number of QBs in the '80's who flamed out: Greg Jones (Edison), Joey Coles, Bill Turkowski. After '88, Walsh left early because he didn't fit Dennis Erickson's new offense. We only had Craig Erickson and Gino Torretta.

Is he hispanic

Does it matter?

Yes because if he's Hispanic, I don't want him, lol, of course it doesn't matter just curious

There's a Brad Kaaya in California who's a screenwriter and producer. Also helps run his wife's business which makes hair care products. I don't know what the derivation of Kaaya is. If that's the same family, his mother's maiden name is Levy. (She's of mixed racial heritage). If that's the same family.

Advertisement
what offers did Aaron Rogers have? I remember when Kylie Wright was a 5 star. Scott Covington and RYan Clement were considered two of the top qbs in the country in hs. Kenny Kelly was a big deal. Yet, it was ken dorsey who lead us to the promise land.

Most people don't remember Dorsey as a recruit because they talk about him like he was some nobody. He was a **** good prospect and has great high school highlights. Glimpses of the future too, with pin point accuracy and field general-ship.

Only picked Miami over Southern Cal and Tennessee

Dorsey was still a top 10 in the country. I think Tennessee wanted him badly.

If Kaaya can be mentioned in the same conversation as Ken Dorsey when he leaves the U he will have had a very productive career.

Scout is reporting that the big California schools were waiting on the top two QB prospects to decide, presumably by this summer, and that Kaaya is on everyone's short list. The reporter even added that UM got in at the right time.

I would be interested to hear USC and UCLA's take on this kid and why they havent offered yet. His tape is phenomenal and he has prototypical size... how does he not have more offers? Im sure he'll blow up with offers now that he's committed.

Advertisement
"This is a pretty hard commit," he said. "I want to get down to Miami as much as possible and recruit other guys to Miami as well. This can be a really good class and I want to see if I can get a bunch of guys from California to come with me.

ESPN

Are we recruiting anyone in the vicinity of Kaaya?

This is the perfect time to get into Cali with USC dealing with limited schollies and Kiffin's buffoonery.

"This is a pretty hard commit," he said. "I want to get down to Miami as much as possible and recruit other guys to Miami as well. This can be a really good class and I want to see if I can get a bunch of guys from California to come with me.

ESPN

A few LBs and a couple others. Forgive me but I can't think of anyones name except Adoree Jackson.

ESPN

A few LBs and a couple others. Forgive me but I can't think of anyones name except Adoree Jackson.

They're recruiting players at his school i think 4 of them

Advertisement
Back