Brad Kaaya has committed- per Peter Ariz

Wow that's great, he's reaching on the fans though lol

You can go to any corner of the country and find die hard Miami Hurricane fans. Just because the hometown base doesn't go to games, that doesn't reflect the magnitude of our fan base. Remember he is a Cali kid. You don't see USC fans walking around Florida in droves.

I live in Denver and I run into UM fans all the time, almost on a daily basis

I was in Portland not too long ago and I can confirm there are plenty of Canes fans in the Pacific Northwest.

Yup. We travel all over the place and I always rock my Canes gear at some point. Always get people throwing up the U to me, or busting my chops. Just check out the crowds at some of our road games. They're crazier than the ones at some of our home games.

I saw a jacked up pickup with a confederate flag bumper sticker, "U" trailer hitch, "U" window decal", "U" car flags and the guy driving had a "U" camo hat on, driving in Dade County....Georgia. If you've never been to, or heard of Dade County, GA, that's probably for the best.

Advertisement
what offers did Aaron Rogers have? I remember when Kylie Wright was a 5 star. Scott Covington and RYan Clement were considered two of the top qbs in the country in hs. Kenny Kelly was a big deal. Yet, it was ken dorsey who lead us to the promise land.

Most people don't remember Dorsey as a recruit because they talk about him like he was some nobody. He was a **** good prospect and has great high school highlights. Glimpses of the future too, with pin point accuracy and field general-ship.

Only picked Miami over Southern Cal and Tennessee

USC took Carson Palmer I believe, so Dorsey wasn't in on that, but Tennessee was no joke at the time and they wanted him to replace Tee Martin.

The reason people don't think he was a great prospect is because the school he actually wanted, Cal, took someone else (Kyle Boller) over him. Supports the "undersog" mythos. And I mean, really, with his string bean frame and relative inability to throw a football through a brick wall, he was an underdog to ever become what he was.

Holy moly, what a pickup!

Great size, arm that can make the throws, great vision, and athletic.

And he's smart!!

USC took Carson Palmer I believe, so Dorsey wasn't in on that, but Tennessee was no joke at the time and they wanted him to replace Tee Martin.

The reason people don't think he was a great prospect is because the school he actually wanted, Cal, took someone else (Kyle Boller) over him. Supports the "undersog" mythos. And I mean, really, with his string bean frame and relative inability to throw a football through a brick wall, he was an underdog to ever become what he was.

who the **** is throwing footballs thru brick walls?

Advertisement

It is a cliche people use to describe big-armed QBs.

exactly. fsu has the top ranked class every year and they are never in a nc hunt. christian Jones was supposed to be the next great lb. i bet 3 star Denzel Perrman has a better year than him this year. Golden knows talent.

I think Jones is going to be a star this year

reminds me of Sam Bradfords tape out of hs who just like Kaaya was a high 3 star and like Kaaya will blew up late... ESPN has him as a 4 star right now. Wait until the Elite 11 camps start he will start to blow up.

Interesting prospect. Very hot, too. Lots of teams trying to get in on him before the summer.

I want to see him in some big time games though before I go crazy over the kid, though.

Advertisement
Brad kinda reminds me of Morris. Obviously brad is bigger physically. But playing style quite similar.

Vick can, it was the actual hitting the wall that caused him problems

exactly. fsu has the top ranked class every year and they are never in a nc hunt. christian Jones was supposed to be the next great lb. i bet 3 star Denzel Perrman has a better year than him this year. Golden knows talent.

I think Jones is going to be a star this year

So is Perryman. And in 2 years everyone will be talking about our 2 star sophomore stud Alex Figueroa. :cigar:

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya ‏@TrinidadBrad 1m

Officially a Miami Hurricane and have no intent on going anywhere else.

Brad Kaaya ‏@TrinidadBrad 3m

Feels great to be a Hurricane. Fan base second to none, coaching staff is very experienced, best athletes in the U.S., and I ❤ THE CITY 

Wow that's great, he's reaching on the fans though lol

Nah he's not, on twitter we are strong, we just disappear when its kickoff time at SunDeath lol. I'm happy we got the commitment, economy improves, our record improves & SunLife will have some actual life to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting prospect. Very hot, too. Lots of teams trying to get in on him before the summer.

I want to see him in some big time games though before I go crazy over the kid, though.

His team lost by two points to Serra in the CIF Southern Section championship game. I don't know if Kaaya played well or not, but that would seem like a big game. They had beaten Serra earlier in the year, and were one of two squads to hang a loss on them. LB Poly got beat by Serra. According to MaxPreps, Serra is the third most-winningest program in CA behind DLS and another school. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/ny_ZKx...ll-programs-with-the-most-wins-since-2008.htm Looks like Oaks Christian, another opponent, is on the list too. If he hasn't been in enough big games yet, he should have that box checked by the end of this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What's even better is that he said on twitter there's a chance he'll be an EE! That would be awesome!

[video=youtube;jwX8ydARMMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jwX8ydARMMM[/video]
Kid sounds pretty impressive in this brief interview

[video=youtube;kfL4CGht8K4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfL4CGht8K4[/video]

Advertisement
Back