Brad - 2nd Half - the Facts

Even Folden had a OC that got some production out of Kaaya.

CMR playcalling and Kaaya may be the worst tandem in history

Advertisement
Here is another short pass that should have been a HUGE gain, but Kaaya threw a horrible pass that allowed the LB to make the tackle.

That TE & WR both run go routes and clear out that entire side of the field.

giphy.gif

You are watching thru green and orange glasses. Yes there were a few drop but a lot of those passes were not in a position for the receiver to catch the ball.Missed wide open Coley going deep. Missed receiver in end zone over threw. Interception was not only a poor decision but a gos awful pass, receiver was never open. While FSU's QB was getting battered he still managed to put ball on money in second half.

Go back and look at the game. He hit berrios in the hands 2 or 3 times on time and accurate and he didn't catch it. He got bailed out by flags on fsu. He hit herndon directly in the hands on time and he dropped it.

Didnt see coley drop a pass.
On the deep ball

No way that this can be considered a "drop". Kaaya led him directly to the sideline instead of leading him directly up the field which was the direction he was running.

giphy.gif

Here is another short pass that should have been a HUGE gain, but Kaaya threw a horrible pass that allowed the LB to make the tackle.

giphy.gif

that throw was horrible and the decision to throw it to the rb was even worse.... Njoku is one on one in the slot but bc Kaaya is terrible in the pocket cant move to by just an extra second of time he hurries up and just throws it to the rb for a bail out reception. not even putting it in a spot where the rb can try to reach a 1st on a 3rd&11! smh he throws in fear and this is what we get constantly. 3 and outs back to back to back

Advertisement
Qb's get the glory and they get the blame. That's how it works , if we're going to suck dude off as the" messiah" and " future first round pick " then he deserves blame for another mediocre performance in a big game.

Does he suck ? No. But he's been overrated by many.

He's not what some have made , but we could be in worse shape.

This. He has been propped up, specifically on here, and now the masses want answers. A bad loss to FSU and the pitchforks are at the fence.

Here is what we were lead to believe:
- The Messiah will save us
- Richt + Messiah = Winning
- Looks incredible in practice

What we've seen -
- FAU - our boy is shook
- App St - bone headed INT in end zone, doubled down by it being because he lost track of their best player, made worse by getting banged up on the tackle. (People here said - do this against a good team and it will cost us games)
- GT - near the end of the game - running clock out, roll out pass, he almost gets crushed, throws incomplete floater, gets hit --- (He is said to be smart - that is not a veteran play. A veteran does what Cook and Francois did at the end of the game. Slide down, in bounds, avoid hit)
- FSU - egregious INT in the end zone that turned the game

These are not elite plays, by an elite player, that has IT. He takes a beaten. He gets up and keeps going. He makes some great passes. But from what we have been lead to believe, he is very overrated by this Board. He has some of the tools and ability. His being overrated is not his fault. But we want, expect and need an assassine or a game manager that doesn't lose the games.

Disclaimer: I don't give a flying **** about his NFL career today. Unless the NFL careers of our players lead to wins on the field on Saturday and I will agree it helps recruiting, I don't want to hear about Sundays from Mel Kiper Money Ariz the Swamis of Football.
Crown this man

Football groupies on here wanna blow Kaaya over POSSIBLE NFL hype, intangibles, arm strength....bs and not on his actual on field accomplishments here, NOW.

giphy.gif

You'll coward definitely smokes crack.

giphy.gif

Kaaya threw an inexplicable amount of balls at players' feet last night.

He throws in an uncomfortable position with a **** OL. Teams know in the RPO he ain't running NOWHERE so if we don't run the box will get stacked. They'll stuff the run and if not be in brads face. Richt needs to go back to the drawing board.

What you're describing is not an RPO...

Advertisement

giphy.gif

Good clip.

This is also a play where some of these posters will say he got bad protection. Most disappointed in his lack of ability to step up, around in the pocket to buy some time.

Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

100% agree.. on the INT drive the pass to Coley was not out in front of him which made him slow up just a bit.. that slow up was the difference between an easy TD and being tackled at the 12

Havnt rewatched the game but Coley and berrio have to score when in the open field. Both plays they let one guy make an open field tackle

Kaaya even struggles throwing a simple screen pass. That Walton incompletion on the screen could have scored.

I thought I was the only one who thought that little middle screen to Walton was wide open for a TD if Kaaya throws a decent pass. Walton could have scooted right down the middle for a TD.

Yeah. Brutal. Thought that as well. NFL throw right there

giphy.gif

Good clip.

This is also a play where some of these posters will say he got bad protection. Most disappointed in his lack of ability to step up, around in the pocket to buy some time.

That is bad protection though.

Advertisement

giphy.gif

Good clip.

That is bad protection though.

It's a small pocket, but one that is more than good enough for Kaaya to make that pass.

The interception was a killer and game changer but this notion that Brad played terrible yesterday and proved that all the people who say he sucks right, is ridiculous. He had no time in the 2nd half, and the drops were critical. For some reason people gloss over that. The 4th and 11 pass , which I've seen no one talk about because it doesn't fit their narrative, was a dime and clutch as can be. Very disappointed in the OL and Richt's passiveness/play calling however, and hope it's just rust. (For Coach Richt as an OC)

This idea of taking all of Richt's abhorrent play calling and chalking it all up to rust is becoming as annoying as it is ridiculous. Now of course I can as can most reasonable people understand that after a 10 year stretch of not calling plays on game day that there will most likely be a certain level of rust involved. I'm not a college head coach who calls plays but I would imagine that the rust in this particular case would manifest itself as not having plays ready soon enough resulting in delay of game penalties and/or the team hurrying to get the snap off in time and other such procedural glitches. In terms of the substance of the play calling, I would think that rust would manifest itself as being out of rhythm with play calls in addition to lacking flow in terms of what the defense is or isn't giving you. Also I would think that the timing of certain plays and personal groupings would be a bit off in addition to a failure to capitalize on what the defense shows you in specific situations because your brain is out of practice at sorting through all of the available options and plays that would exploit the defense.

Now to be fair I believe we have seen plenty of examples of valid rust as I have defined it above and I'm willing to give Richt some leeway as he becomes more proficient in the role. The thing that disturbs me the most is that the majority of the horrid play calls witnessed last night and this season have clearly not been a function of rust yet a significant portion of this board is lazily willing to sweep it under the rug and rationalize it as such.

The ugly truth is that most of the terrible play calling during the FSU game that failed to test or exploit the Seminoles fundamental and systematic and weaknesses had little to do with rust and everything to do with a painfully conservative philosophy on offense which I presume was designed to minimize errors and potential turnovers at all costs at the expense of using our inherent personnel advantages to exploit a defense which was just begging to be exploited. This is disturbing on multiple levels and as I attempt to make sense of it all I believe there are two possible explanations for what we saw.

The first possibility is that this is who Richt is and he is screaming at the top of his lungs that he is willing to ignore his opponents weaknesses for the sake of forcing his philosophy and style of play on the offense. Does this sound familiar? If indeed this is the case then we have a serious problem that will cost us the opportunity and ability to rise up to elite program status

The other possibility is that Richt is nowhere near being that stupid and that he doesn't trust Kaaya to effectively run his passing offense at this point and feels that unleashing him would be risking multiple turnovers etc. Also related to this possible mistrust of Kaaya is that Kaaya may in fact be dealing with an undisclosed injury that is affecting his ability to consistently be accurate with the football. There are many facts which seem to support this the most glaring of which was the three consecutive runs from the 10 yard line following the Berrios punt return near the end of the game. More evidence of this would be the consecutive runs after the phantom holding call that cost Walton a touchdown. There was also the constant running plays on first down. It seems as he thought he could protect Kaaya by calling a three yards and a cloud of dust game. It seems as though Richt was gambling that he could pickup enough yards with first and second down runs and setup 3rd and short/medium. I believe he even preferred to be in 3rd&7 plus to letting Kaaya throw consistently on first or second down the seems to the TE's. It seemed as though he didn't trust Kaaya at all to work the seams down the middle of the field.

The crucial question that is yet to be answered is if the above mentality/ philosophy was a product of protecting Kaaya because of an undisclosed injury/concussion or Richt's perception that Kaaya was not yet comfortable executing his passing concepts and an overall lack of trust in his QB. I could understand and deal with any of these possible scenarios. The thing that scares me and should terrify the entire board is the other possible answer to my question and that is like I proposed before that last night is representative of who he is and his offensive philosophy going forward. If this is who he is and he is the type of coach to force his style and philosophy irregardless of his players strengths and his opponents weaknesses than we have a situation on offense similar to what we had with Golden on defense and that will most certainly not get it done. The exception to this would be the possibility that this isn't the way Richt usually likes to run an offense but reverts to a play not to lose ulta conservative mindset when he is in a big game situation which is certainly not ideal but most certainly fixable if he brings in more ability and experience into the offensive coaching staff.

The thing that we can possibly take solace in is that with Mark Richt, we are dealing with a much more intelligent, insightful and reasonable individual with significantly more experience than Fat Guldens and that because of this he is able to be honest with himself and rectify the situation.

I just realized that I should have probably started a new thread for the book I just wrote but there's no way I'm writing all of that again!

Last edited:
Advertisement
For the rest of this season, we are a 17-24 point per game offense against anyone with a pulse for a defense. We really just are.

We aren't winning a shootout against UNC - their defense is no worse than FSU's.
Their offense is much better than ours. Our defense may help, but will crumble late when we get behind and we've left them on the field too long, and the second loss looms.

We aren't winning a shootout against VT's defense off a short week and another home loss.
Taylor will eat us up enough and our 3 n out offense with frustration mounted penalties in all three phases will continue the crumble tradition.

We are pretty evenly matched with ND, and that ain't saying much.

UVA, PITT & Duke are our possible wins for the rest of the season. We'll lose at least one of those too, because Miami.

NCST? nope. They're jelling and no worse than FSU, UNC, VT on balance. We will be spent and probably have lost at least a few key defensive players to injuries at that point. The crumble will complete.

CMRekt, Bard Romo, No-line. Not a great formula.

Romo can please go pro this year.

So far, no good.

CMRekt was holding out on the playbook, LOL.

This game was THE test, even if FSU had been at full strength...which they clearly weren't.

That makes this situation even worse.

I wanted to believe, but the high ranking was eerily familiar.

We beat the cosmetology schools, handle the middlings early most times, get all swoll up, then exposed, then crumble...Recruiting suffers in a changed recruiting world where: our now officially ancient tradition means nothing to kids who want to play for real winners - so we scrap for a smattering of the talent pool enough to be dangerous, but never really deep..

If you want to call harsh reality jumping ship? Evidence speaks for itself.

If Al Richden proves me wrong in the next 4 weeks, I will eat my **** sandwich and take my drubbing.
If he don't, then I will be even more sad, but continue to love my school and the program, but temper any expectations for the future.

Same Old. Sh$% with a better looking defense. so far. Great.

Why even watch any games then ? Take a pill.

giphy.gif

This is a great example of why you cant just go solely by stats like completion percentage to guage a QB's play - and why coaches will have their own standard of judging accuracy

A good throw there and Walton turns up and gets the first down and a lot more. And that had nothing to do with play-calling or bad pass pro, it was just a bad toss

No matter how good kaaya would have threw that pass Thomas would have still been right there on Walton. He has great closing speed... he had to get that ball out of there the de was 1 half sec away from a sack

I think Brad is what he is. I think he is a good not great QB, and he doesn't possess the "IT" factor.That being said you can nitpick any QB if you look at every throw. Last night I don't know how many times Manning and Rodgers threw awful passes and made terrible decisions and those guys both have rings.

Advertisement
Back