Brad - 2nd Half - the Facts

You are watching thru green and orange glasses. Yes there were a few drop but a lot of those passes were not in a position for the receiver to catch the ball.Missed wide open Coley going deep. Missed receiver in end zone over threw. Interception was not only a poor decision but a gos awful pass, receiver was never open. While FSU's QB was getting battered he still managed to put ball on money in second half.

Go back and look at the game. He hit berrios in the hands 2 or 3 times on time and accurate and he didn't catch it. He got bailed out by flags on fsu. He hit herndon directly in the hands on time and he dropped it.

Didnt see coley drop a pass.

Advertisement
Kayaa is only good in a 1 read/1st read offense (similar to what Coley and a lot of OCs run these days).

Richt puts more emphasis on going through progressions and seeing what they're giving you. Kayaa hasn't looked good at all under Richt because he can't handle that.

Only thing Kayaa does well is RPO. Why? Because he has one read (bubble screen, or other times we run the slant route. Either way it's the only read on that play). Dude sucks going through progressions. He panics and gets happy feet, starts triple clutching the ball, and then takes sack or throws up bullsh!t.

I get why Richt has simplified things for Kayaa. This isn't Richt's entire offense. Not even close. It's just what he thinks Kayaa can handle. Doesn't mean Richt gets a pass for last nights performance. But it is what it is. Let Richt get "his guy" in here before we judge it under a microscope.

I dont think its happy feet. I think he is doing that peyton manning **** with his feet.

I want Brad exclusively in shotgun and run a spread offense. He just plays better in that role. Can CMR adjust?

I'm not here to rip on Kayaa, but if you watched that game and go to the stats saying he didn't play poorly then your eyes just don't work.

Not very accurate, and plays slow. He's also so conservative on some balls that it makes it impossible for the receiver to have and YAC. I get putting a ball where only the receiver can get it, but i've never seen him throw a deep ball down the sideline where the receiver had a chance to catch it in stride and take it to the house. They have to fade to the sideline and hope to drag a foot in bounds every time.

"Not here to rip on Kaaya" and then makes post dedicated to ripping Kaaya. It's like fans who say "not to be that guy" and then goes and says exactly what "that guy" would say. LOL Priceless.

Watched the 2nd half again - below are the facts are Brad
- 5 Completed passes
- 4 Drops (all hit TE/WR's in the hands)
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Coley lines up offsides
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession
- Incomplete pass on 3rd and long - Brad gets hit

Fourth Possession
- TE covered - LB knocks away
- Coley catches next pass
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

Granted not a great throw - however hit Coley in the hands. He has to make that catch

[video]https://media.giphy.com/media/3pjSH8RFjJzPO/giphy.gif[/video]

Not a good throw , but a good WR makes that catch.

So you completely dismiss the ****** throw as "not a good throw", and put the blame solely on the WR who would've had to make an incredible catch, when that is a ROUTINE THROW for a power 5 conference QB. LOL, ok corch

Advertisement
This is 3rd year Brad Kaaya we aren't talking about some freshman.

He is what he is, Art Briles could be our OC and Kaaya would still consistently choke on crucial drives. You can't manufacture heart, its got to be in you not on you... All that fake shushing he does looks synthetic he knows the history of this program and he wants to be but he isn't.

"When your qb is tough your team is tough" Jimbo said it best. Our offense plays soft as **** bc our Qb is soft. Intangibles are a big part of the qb position and Francois bloody mouth, dead arm, and probably some sort of concussion showed the heart of a winner I couldn't help but admire how he played bc it stood out so opposite in comparison to our own UPPERCLASSMEN at QB smh

Qb's get the glory and they get the blame. That's how it works , if we're going to suck dude off as the" messiah" and " future first round pick " then he deserves blame for another mediocre performance in a big game.

Does he suck ? No. But he's been overrated by many.

He's not what some have made , but we could be in worse shape.

You are watching thru green and orange glasses. Yes there were a few drop but a lot of those passes were not in a position for the receiver to catch the ball.Missed wide open Coley going deep. Missed receiver in end zone over threw. Interception was not only a poor decision but a gos awful pass, receiver was never open. While FSU's QB was getting battered he still managed to put ball on money in second half.

Go back and look at the game. He hit berrios in the hands 2 or 3 times on time and accurate and he didn't catch it. He got bailed out by flags on fsu. He hit herndon directly in the hands on time and he dropped it.

Didnt see coley drop a pass.
On the deep ball

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

Granted not a great throw - however hit Coley in the hands. He has to make that catch

So you completely dismiss the ****ty throw as "not a good throw", and put the blame solely on the WR who would've had to make an incredible catch, when that is a ROUTINE THROW for a power 5 conference QB. LOL, ok corch

So reaching back is now an incredible catch? Can you gif all the other drops since everyone was on Kaaya? Take your time I'm sure you have all day.

Advertisement

So you completely dismiss the ****ty throw as "not a good throw", and put the blame solely on the WR who would've had to make an incredible catch, when that is a ROUTINE THROW for a power 5 conference QB. LOL, ok corch

So reaching back is now an incredible catch? Can you gif all the other drops since everyone was on Kaaya? Take your time I'm sure you have all day.

How do you post a gif?

What I think happened was bc every time Coley catches the ball (and I mean EVERY time) he runs to the side line and ask to be taken out
- I think Brad threw it behind him so he wouldnt have to run as far

Hit him in the hands + lines up off sides + Glass - this is our best Off weapon

How do you post a gif?

64466662.jpg

Advertisement
Watched the 2nd half again - below are the facts are Brad
- 5 Completed passes
- 4 Drops (all hit TE/WR's in the hands)
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession

Fourth Possession
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

Kaaya had a good pocket, great throwing lane.

Coley ran a 12 yard curl. It was 3rd and 8.
It's on Coley if that curl rout supposed to go to the sticks. The ball was right there.

Last edited:
From what I saw:

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
1st pass - 5 yd slant to the left, hits Richards in stride
2nd pass - Up tempo, 2 yard pass right to Coley. Bad pass is low and behind Coley. Coley adjusts by stretching out backwards to make the catch. It was a quick play call and Kaaya was under pressure from Thomas who got ejected for targeting
3rd pass - 10 yard slant to to the left, hits Coley on stride letting Coley get 8 yards after the catch. Coley was close to breaking it for a TD.
- Richards drops pass
4th pass - Quick pass in the left flat to Richards. The drop is on Richards. Thinking about the run before making the catch.
- Int in End Zone
5th pass - Bad read and pass by Kayaa to Richards in the right corner of the End Zone. Richards was covered and pass was under thrown. Easy pick

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
6th pass - 5 yard to the left for Dobard, hits him in the hands. Drop is on Dobard
- Coley drops pass
7th pass - 10 yard slant to the left to Coley. Pass is low and behind Coley who had to put on the brakes and reach behind him. Definitely not a drop. Herbstreit said it may have been miscommunication with Coley continuing his route when Kaaya expected him to sit. Either way, Coley was open, and would've had some room to run if hit on stride.

Third Possession
8th Pass - Kayaa under pressure, 5 yard pass up the middle is low and behind Yearby. It was 3rd & 15 and wouldn't have gotten the 1st down anyways. Not much Kaaya could do - his jersey was being pulled as he threw it. FSU only rushed 3 so put this on the OL.

Fourth Possession
9th pass - 5 yard pass to the left to Henrdon. LB had good coverage. Was just good defense.
10th pass - 20 yard slant to Coley over the middle. Big time throw on 3rd and 8. Kayaa had good protection and didn't have to move in the pocket.
- Berrios drops pass
11th pass - Pass was high but Berrios got his hands on it. Berrios was interfered with so not sure how much that affected timing. It would've been a tough catch, so I wouldn't call it a drop, but the interference makes it irrelevant.
- Sacked
Sack - Nati just bullrushed and man handled Linder right up the middle. I don't put this on Kaaya
- Sacked
Sack - Sweat beats Darling. Kaaya probably could've gotten rid of it instead of trying to step up into the pocket, but it would've had to have been a dump off. It was 3rd & 17 - so not sure if receivers had time to get downfield yet or what the coverage looked like.

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
WOW - It will take me a loooong time to get over Richt calling 3 straight Walton runs in that situation.
- TD pass
12th Pass - 12 yard pass to the left to Coley in End Zone. Big time pass, route & catch. OL gave Kayaa good protection.

My take - Just more of the same. We've already seen this. I wouldn't put this all on Kaaya for sure - the run game was ineffective, OL has some breakdowns, play calling was conservative, and there were some drops.

But it never felt like Kaaya "stepped up" or was "cool under pressure". The passes were 5-10 yards, mostly to the left. Conservative calls - Nothing really downfield and all passes were within Kaaya'a comfort zone. Now, how much was Kaaya not taking a chance downfield and throwing the shorter passes because he was more comfortable doing that? Hard to say and open for debate. He wasn't good anytime he felt pressure. Great QB's take the team on their back and lead them to victory. Kaaya had a chance, again, to do that and didn't. He wasn't bad, just kind of "ok". A couple nice passes, a couple bad passes, and a total breakdown whenever there was pressure from the pass rush. You want him to show something "special" in these situations, and he just doesn't.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Qb's get the glory and they get the blame. That's how it works , if we're going to suck dude off as the" messiah" and " future first round pick " then he deserves blame for another mediocre performance in a big game.

Does he suck ? No. But he's been overrated by many.

He's not what some have made , but we could be in worse shape.

This. He has been propped up, specifically on here, and now the masses want answers. A bad loss to FSU and the pitchforks are at the fence.

Here is what we were lead to believe:
- The Messiah will save us
- Richt + Messiah = Winning
- Looks incredible in practice

What we've seen -
- FAU - our boy is shook
- App St - bone headed INT in end zone, doubled down by it being because he lost track of their best player, made worse by getting banged up on the tackle. (People here said - do this against a good team and it will cost us games)
- GT - near the end of the game - running clock out, roll out pass, he almost gets crushed, throws incomplete floater, gets hit --- (He is said to be smart - that is not a veteran play. A veteran does what Cook and Francois did at the end of the game. Slide down, in bounds, avoid hit)
- FSU - egregious INT in the end zone that turned the game

These are not elite plays, by an elite player, that has IT. He takes a beaten. He gets up and keeps going. He makes some great passes. But from what we have been lead to believe, he is very overrated by this Board. He has some of the tools and ability. His being overrated is not his fault. But we want, expect and need an assassine or a game manager that doesn't lose the games.

Disclaimer: I don't give a flying **** about his NFL career today. Unless the NFL careers of our players lead to wins on the field on Saturday and I will agree it helps recruiting, I don't want to hear about Sundays from Mel Kiper Money Ariz the Swamis of Football.

Last edited:
LOL, Coley was WIDE open and Kaaya simply threw it behind him. Not sure how you can see it any other way.

He's an above average college QB. Nothing more.

Time we all accept that.

Advertisement
Back