Brad - 2nd Half - the Facts

62053876.jpg

Advertisement
Watched the 2nd half again - below are the facts are Brad
- 5 Completed passes
- 4 Drops (all hit TE/WR's in the hands)
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Coley lines up offsides
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession
- Incomplete pass on 3rd and long - Brad gets hit

Fourth Possession
- TE covered - LB knocks away
- Coley catches next pass
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

1st Possession Coley killed the momentum. For a senior that guy makes some of the worst mistakes ever. Kaaya throws an inexcusable ball when he had time. That right there was the start of the downfall and a mistake that a junior who is a supposed top 5 pick doesn't make.

2nd possession a drop by Dobard (shocker he played small against them. It's what he does). If you call that a drop by Coley then you swing from the sack of Kaaya. **** poor throw based on route or bad route. Not in huddle so can't say.

3rd possession is where the lazy St. Louis starts killing us. What a lazy hold call and it was a hold. After that we have 2 runs on downs 1 and 2. RPOs where they bait brad, but honestly he ABSOLUTEY SUCKS at pre snap counts and alignments by the defense. I don't know the intracies of the offense, but he runs why to much into 7 and 8 man fronts when we only have about 5-6 to block them. I put this on him more than anything. GET OUT OF THE PLAY

4th Possession Darling and Linder should be taken to the woodshed and shown this series. Amazing we made it down the field as far as we did

5th possession we had the ball 3rd and 3 on the goal line and Brad runs into 8 men with 5 to block. He's **** poor at this, but it's not on the playcaller. It's on him.

Kaaya is what he is: good, but not great.

The bigger concern is Richt's baffling playcalling.

It's not the playcalling IMO. Every OC calls plays, it's the guy who is supposed to be a top 5 pick or first rounder who can't or won't get us out of bad looks and just runs the play. Sometimes after big hits to him he just hands the ball off. After i tag Kaaya i am going to sell out on the run cause he is going to hand it off.

Also Walton has the worst vision of any RB on the team and there were a few times were they went down on shoestring tackles. Want to see the difference between 2-3 and 5-6 yards....watch Dalvin run and what he does after taking nice hits and not just a hand pushing him.

Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

100% agree.. on the INT drive the pass to Coley was not out in front of him which made him slow up just a bit.. that slow up was the difference between an easy TD and being tackled at the 12

Havnt rewatched the game but Coley and berrio have to score when in the open field. Both plays they let one guy make an open field tackle

It's not the playcalling IMO. Every OC calls plays, it's the guy who is supposed to be a top 5 pick or first rounder who can't or won't get us out of bad looks and just runs the play. Sometimes after big hits to him he just hands the ball off. After i tag Kaaya i am going to sell out on the run cause he is going to hand it off.

Also Walton has the worst vision of any RB on the team and there were a few times were they went down on shoestring tackles. Want to see the difference between 2-3 and 5-6 yards....watch Dalvin run and what he does after taking nice hits and not just a hand pushing him.

I agree. Walton and Yearby aren't good after first contact.

But if you're the playcaller and you don't have bruising RBs or a strong OL, why foolishly try to bully people in I-formation? It's barely worked all year long.

Advertisement
Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

100% agree.. on the INT drive the pass to Coley was not out in front of him which made him slow up just a bit.. that slow up was the difference between an easy TD and being tackled at the 12

Havnt rewatched the game but Coley and berrio have to score when in the open field. Both plays they let one guy make an open field tackle

The Coley one was particularly frustrating because the end zone INT came a couple plays later.

Kaaya even struggles throwing a simple screen pass. That Walton incompletion on the screen could have scored.

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

I thought this was the key turning point play of the game. This was the drive in between the two FSU Tds.

Advertisement

But if you're the playcaller and you don't have bruising RBs or a strong OL, why foolishly try to bully people in I-formation? It's barely worked all year long.

I'll give you the I formation thing, but it only sucks because we have a QB who has NO FEET. I mean he is worse that any slow footed QB back there. Absolutely does not know what to do if he can't be standing in a pocket. That means no bootlegs, roll outs, half boots with a deep pocket, and nothing else that you can really hurt teams with downfield in an I offense

I'll give you the I formation thing, but it only sucks because we have a QB who has NO FEET. I mean he is worse that any slow footed QB back there. Absolutely does not know what to do if he can't be standing in a pocket. That means no bootlegs, roll outs, half boots with a deep pocket, and nothing else that you can really hurt teams with downfield in an I offense

Again, I agree with you.

But you have to play the hand you're dealt. Kaaya can't move and is more comfortable from the gun.

Kaaya even struggles throwing a simple screen pass. That Walton incompletion on the screen could have scored.

I thought I was the only one who thought that little middle screen to Walton was wide open for a TD if Kaaya throws a decent pass. Walton could have scooted right down the middle for a TD.

Advertisement

Again, I agree with you.

But you have to play the hand you're dealt. Kaaya can't move and is more comfortable from the gun.

Not one doubt about it, he moves like an old lady, he needs to be in the gun more.

I thought I was the only one who thought that little middle screen to Walton was wide open for a TD if Kaaya throws a decent pass. Walton could have scooted right down the middle for a TD.

Saw that, too.

Couldn't tell if it was a bad throw, or just a drop.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be shocked if Kaaya is being 'encouraged' to declare for the Draft as there's a good chance he'll lose his job as a Senior.

I noticed that play. There was about 40 yards of green grass between walton and the endzone. It was a blown opportunity.

Kaaya turned him directly into where all the defenders were. If he lobs that where he can get some momentum, I think he scores.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You got to have fire in your heart to be a great CFB qb. You all can bring up all thebs excuses about who "dropped" the ball and when smh its irrelevant, great qbs are able to step onto the field and impose its will every drive. Brad Kaayas entire personality and lack of fire doesn't bring out the best in the rest of the players on offense. Some on this board have made light of that fact but we are seeing what happens when a qb doesn't know how to galvanize and be a real leader on the field. He chokes and the rest of his teammates don't respond as well.

Advertisement
Back