Brad - 2nd Half - the Facts

it was a mixture of everyone on Offense and Brad was inaccurate and has been all year for whatever reason

He throws in an uncomfortable position with a **** OL. Teams know in the RPO he ain't running NOWHERE so if we don't run the box will get stacked. They'll stuff the run and if not be in brads face. Richt needs to go back to the drawing board.

i dont mind the RPO's but i dont like the fact that we call an RPO for roughly 80% of the plays. doesnt make sense to me

Advertisement
it was a mixture of everyone on Offense and Brad was inaccurate and has been all year for whatever reason

He throws in an uncomfortable position with a **** OL. Teams know in the RPO he ain't running NOWHERE so if we don't run the box will get stacked. They'll stuff the run and if not be in brads face. Richt needs to go back to the drawing board.

i dont mind the RPO's but i dont like the fact that we call an RPO for roughly 80% of the plays. doesnt make sense to me

It works for running QBs. Put our backup QB in and see how effective it becomes

Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

That's a pointless comment.

Every QB misses receivers in stride occaisionally, and Bard hits his right on the money often.

Neither of which has anything to do with a ball that hits a target in the hands or facemask and isn't caught.

For the rest of this season, we are a 17-24 point per game offense against anyone with a pulse for a defense. We really just are.

We aren't winning a shootout against UNC - their defense is no worse than FSU's.
Their offense is much better than ours. Our defense may help, but will crumble late when we get behind and we've left them on the field too long, and the second loss looms.

We aren't winning a shootout against VT's defense off a short week and another home loss.
Taylor will eat us up enough and our 3 n out offense with frustration mounted penalties in all three phases will continue the crumble tradition.

We are pretty evenly matched with ND, and that ain't saying much.

UVA, PITT & Duke are our possible wins for the rest of the season. We'll lose at least one of those too, because Miami.

NCST? nope. They're jelling and no worse than FSU, UNC, VT on balance. We will be spent and probably have lost at least a few key defensive players to injuries at that point. The crumble will complete.

CMRekt, Bard Romo, No-line. Not a great formula.

Romo can please go pro this year.

So far, no good.

CMRekt was holding out on the playbook, LOL.

This game was THE test, even if FSU had been at full strength...which they clearly weren't.

That makes this situation even worse.

I wanted to believe, but the high ranking was eerily familiar.

We beat the cosmetology schools, handle the middlings early most times, get all swoll up, then exposed, then crumble...Recruiting suffers in a changed recruiting world where: our now officially ancient tradition means nothing to kids who want to play for real winners - so we scrap for a smattering of the talent pool enough to be dangerous, but never really deep..

If you want to call harsh reality jumping ship? Evidence speaks for itself.

If Al Richden proves me wrong in the next 4 weeks, I will eat my **** sandwich and take my drubbing.
If he don't, then I will be even more sad, but continue to love my school and the program, but temper any expectations for the future.

Same Old. Sh$% with a better looking defense. so far. Great.

you must see the world through a totally different lens then just about everyone else. The only reason we are a 17-24 ppg offense is because of the overuse of the RPO. if we mixed up the offensive play calling we can be a 30+ ppg offense. difference with UNC and FSU is that UNC and Miami isnt a rivalry so neither team will bring 110% effort like you would see from an FSU Miami game. ND isnt good and neither is NCST. VT is a quality opponent and we will see how we match up but we will lose alot more games then we should because of our offense as opposed to our defense like in the past

It works for running QBs. Put our backup QB in and see how effective it becomes

i mean because of Brad it turns a "triple option" type of play to just an option play and with our Oline being able to hold up for about 2 seconds it makes it that much harder to succesfully complete the passing option. just straight up need different play calling from here on out

Advertisement
Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

Every QB misses receivers in stride occaisionally, and Bard hits his right on the money often.

Neither of which has anything to do with a ball that hits a target in the hands or facemask and isn't caught.

Brad always misses his wrs in stride unless that wr is running wide open. Too often our WRs have to stop to catch the ball it is a pretty obvious observation. He was throwing the ball either at their feet or behind them, if the wr attempts to catch it regardless and doesn't its a "drop"... It's still on Kaaya.

I'm not here to rip on Kayaa, but if you watched that game and go to the stats saying he didn't play poorly then your eyes just don't work.

Not very accurate, and plays slow. He's also so conservative on some balls that it makes it impossible for the receiver to have and YAC. I get putting a ball where only the receiver can get it, but i've never seen him throw a deep ball down the sideline where the receiver had a chance to catch it in stride and take it to the house. They have to fade to the sideline and hope to drag a foot in bounds every time.

Watched the 2nd half again - below are the facts are Brad
- 5 Completed passes
- 4 Drops (all hit TE/WR's in the hands)
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Coley lines up offsides
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession
- Incomplete pass on 3rd and long - Brad gets hit

Fourth Possession
- TE covered - LB knocks away
- Coley catches next pass
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

Granted not a great throw - however hit Coley in the hands. He has to make that catch

Brad always misses his wrs in stride unless that wr is running wide open. Too often our WRs have to stop to catch the ball it is a pretty obvious observation. He was throwing the ball either at their feet or behind them, if the wr attempts to catch it regardless and doesn't its a "drop"... It's still on Kaaya.

There were plenty of drops last night on the TE/WR dobard, berrios and coley.

Advertisement
You are watching thru green and orange glasses. Yes there were a few drop but a lot of those passes were not in a position for the receiver to catch the ball.Missed wide open Coley going deep. Missed receiver in end zone over threw. Interception was not only a poor decision but a gos awful pass, receiver was never open. While FSU's QB was getting battered he still managed to put ball on money in second half.

LOL, clearly you are posting from a defend Kaaya position. The dude sh*t the bed AGAIN !!!!!

For the rest of this season, we are a 17-24 point per game offense against anyone with a pulse for a defense. We really just are.

We aren't winning a shootout against UNC - their defense is no worse than FSU's.
Their offense is much better than ours. Our defense may help, but will crumble late when we get behind and we've left them on the field too long, and the second loss looms.

We aren't winning a shootout against VT's defense off a short week and another home loss.
Taylor will eat us up enough and our 3 n out offense with frustration mounted penalties in all three phases will continue the crumble tradition.

UVA, PITT & Duke are our possible wins for the rest of the season. We'll lose at least one of those too, because Miami.

NCST? nope. They're jelling and no worse than FSU, UNC, VT on balance. We will be spent and probably have lost at least a few key defensive players to injuries at that point. The crumble will complete.

So far, no good.

This game was THE test, even if FSU had been at full strength...which they clearly weren't.

We beat the cosmetology schools, handle the middlings early most times, get all swoll up, then exposed, then crumble...Recruiting suffers in a changed recruiting world where: our now officially ancient tradition means nothing to kids who want to play for real winners - so we scrap for a smattering of the talent pool enough to be dangerous, but never really deep..

If Al Richden proves me wrong in the next 4 weeks, I will eat my **** sandwich and take my drubbing.
If he don't, then I will be even more sad, but continue to love my school and the program, but temper any expectations for the future.

you must see the world through a totally different lens then just about everyone else. The only reason we are a 17-24 ppg offense is because of the overuse of the RPO. if we mixed up the offensive play calling we can be a 30+ ppg offense. difference with UNC and FSU is that UNC and Miami isnt a rivalry so neither team will bring 110% effort like you would see from an FSU Miami game. ND isnt good and neither is NCST. VT is a quality opponent and we will see how we match up but we will lose alot more games then we should because of our offense as opposed to our defense like in the past

"The only reason we are a 17-24 ppg offense is because of the overuse of the RPO."
- yet you admit that we are a 17-24 ppg offense THROUGH the biggest symbolic, no holds barred test of the inaugural season of an offensive masterminded coach (with a virtually guaranteed coniuation of that vaunted prowess)... and see a big part of the problem with the cutesy RPO.

There's no indication CMRekt will deviate from its use, as he has a No-line, an immobile qb, backs who are really only capable of a few good runs per real opponent game, a team that still gets penalized for the dumbest S#$% at the worst times, and isn't nearly as gifted a playcaller as we wanted to believe with all our renewed hopes.

When I can predict our playcalls on the formations we line up in, you think Kellyesque defensive masteminds can't?

" we will lose alot more games then we should because of our offense as opposed to our defense like in the past" -

Agreed. and that still sucks.

UNC doesn't need to bring the same intensity as FSU did. They just need to play like they do. They can afford shootouts because they can shoot it out.

Advertisement

So far, no good.

"The only reason we are a 17-24 ppg offense is because of the overuse of the RPO."
- yet you admit that we are a 17-24 ppg offense THROUGH the biggest symbolic, no holds barred test of the inaugural season of an offensive masterminded coach (with a virtually guaranteed coniuation of that vaunted prowess)... and see a big part of the problem with the cutesy RPO.

There's no indication CMRekt will deviate from its use, as he has a No-line, an immobile qb, backs who are really only capable of a few good runs per real opponent game, a team that still gets penalized for the dumbest S#$% at the worst times, and isn't nearly as gifted a playcaller as we wanted to believe with all our renewed hopes.

When I can predict our playcalls on the formations we line up in, you think Kellyesque defensive masteminds can't?

" we will lose alot more games then we should because of our offense as opposed to our defense like in the past" -

Agreed. and that still sucks.

UNC doesn't need to bring the same intensity as FSU did. They just need to play like they do. They can afford shootouts because they can shoot it out.

Yeah and Idk what Richt's deal is right now with just simply running RPO's that a bum out the street can read. but i dont believe that was his Calling Card as a play-caller considering he had some immobile QB's at Georgia.. even though they were more mobile than Kaaya. He needs to either add a ton of more plays to the gameplan or just completely change it because defenses are going to T-off. Now like i said earlier, if he switches up the play-calling from vanilla *** RPO's to multiple sets then i think our offense can score 30+ ppg. We shall see

FSU's quarterback is a freshman, on the road, getting the &%$@ knocked out of him. Nobody can say Kaya took more of a beating. Yet, that freshman outplayed him, out executed him, and out toughed him. Dude kept getting up and delivering when it counted. Brad could not. That's a problem. Not saying he sucks, but he is not what I thought he was and certainly not what I thought he would develop into. With our defense playing much better, our 3rd year QB should not be a weak spot in any way, shape, or form. As for the play calling, I won't say it was an excuse for his performance. You have to execute whatever play is called. I will say that, objectively, Coley called a much more aggressive game (for at least 3 quarters) the previous 2 years than CMR did last night. That too is an issue.

I think what we are all looking for in our qb is a guy who refuses to lose, when it's on the line take command and go get it. Brad hasn't shown that yet, at all. When he is shook it's over. Last night he was shook.

Advertisement
- 5 Completed passes
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession

Fourth Possession
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

Granted not a great throw - however hit Coley in the hands. He has to make that catch

[video]https://media.giphy.com/media/3pjSH8RFjJzPO/giphy.gif[/video]

Regardless we are only 66th in Passing in the nation and that's with 3 cupcakes on our schedule. Brad, OL , play-calling HAS to get better or there will be atleast 3-4 more losses.

Great coaches and players make adjustments let's see what CMR and Brad can do this week.

- 5 Completed passes
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession

Fourth Possession
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

[video]https://media.giphy.com/media/3pjSH8RFjJzPO/giphy.gif[/video]

Not a good throw , but a good WR makes that catch.

Kayaa is only good in a 1 read/1st read offense (similar to what Coley and a lot of OCs run these days).

Richt puts more emphasis on going through progressions and seeing what they're giving you. (Pro-style)
Kayaa hasn't looked good at all under Richt because he can't handle that.

Only thing Kayaa does well is RPO. Why? Because he has one read (bubble screen, or other times we run the slant route. Either way it's the only read on that play). Dude sucks going through progressions. He panics and gets happy feet, starts triple clutching the ball, and then takes sack or throws up bullsh!t.

I get why Richt has simplified things for Kayaa. This isn't Richt's entire offense. Not even close. It's just what he thinks Kayaa can handle. Doesn't mean Richt gets a pass for last nights performance. But it is what it is. Let Richt get "his guy" in here before we judge it under a microscope.

We also have no run game due to poor run blocking and mediocre RBs. His offense is geared around the run. Another reason it's hard to judge his playcalling/routes/"creativity". We averaged like 2.2 yards a carry last night or some ****. So terrible. The run blocking is god awful at times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back