Brad - 2nd Half - the Facts

ncncanes

Junior
Watched the 2nd half again - below are the facts are Brad
- 5 Completed passes
- 4 Drops (all hit TE/WR's in the hands)
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Coley lines up offsides
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession
- Incomplete pass on 3rd and long - Brad gets hit

Fourth Possession
- TE covered - LB knocks away
- Coley catches next pass
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

Advertisement
Overall, this loss was a group effort by the offense. OC, Oline, Wr/Te, and Qb contributed. But none of what we saw is new. This had been the offensive performance since the beginning. Question is, can it improve?

- 5 Completed passes
- 2 incompletions (once while being hit on 3rd and long & other TE was covered & knocked away by LB)
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

The Int was a killer but Brad should have been 9 for 12 in a half where he was hit so hard he lost a tooth - and btw, never came out of the game

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession

Fourth Possession
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

it was a mixture of everyone on Offense and Brad was inaccurate and has been all year for whatever reason

- 5 Completed passes
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession

Fourth Possession
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

If we are talking about the same play, I don't think that drop on 3rd down is on Coley, he threw it low and behind him. That was on Kaaya.

it was low and behind... looked like the two were thinking different things...

Advertisement
The interception was a killer and game changer but this notion that Brad played terrible yesterday and proved that all the people who say he sucks right, is ridiculous. He had no time in the 2nd half, and the drops were critical. For some reason people gloss over that. The 4th and 11 pass , which I've seen no one talk about because it doesn't fit their narrative, was a dime and clutch as can be. Very disappointed in the OL and Richt's passiveness/play calling however, and hope it's just rust. (For Coach Richt as an OC)

Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

The interception was a killer and game changer but this notion that Brad played terrible yesterday and proved that all the people who say he sucks right, is ridiculous. He had no time in the 2nd half, and the drops were critical. For some reason people gloss over that. The 4th and 11 pass , which I've seen no one talk about because it doesn't fit their narrative, was a dime and clutch as can be. Very disappointed in the OL and Richt's passiveness/play calling however, and hope it's just rust. (For Coach Richt as an OC)

i think he hasnt been accurate just about all year long. he has a high completion percentage due to bubble screens but his throws arent as great so far compared to the past 2 years. Still like him as my QB right now but he has to play better

Advertisement
My question is why doesn't CMR RUN stretch plays more often? He'll try runs up the middle that get stuffed and the only successful run play was to the outside before it got called back.

- 5 Completed passes
- 1 Int
- 1 TD

First Possession
- First 3 passes - 3-3.
- Richards drops pass
- Int in End Zone

Second Possession
- Dobar drops pass
- Coley drops pass

Third Possession

Fourth Possession
- Berrios drops pass
- Sacked
- Sacked

Fifth Possession
- run the ball 3 times
- TD pass

Wasn't a good throw or it was a miscommunication between the two

i think he hasnt been accurate just about all year long. he has a high completion percentage due to bubble screens but his throws arent as great so far compared to the past 2 years. Still like him as my QB right now but he has to play better

Didn't mean to down vote.

it was a mixture of everyone on Offense and Brad was inaccurate and has been all year for whatever reason

He throws in an uncomfortable position with a **** OL. Teams know in the RPO he ain't running NOWHERE so if we don't run the box will get stacked. They'll stuff the run and if not be in brads face. Richt needs to go back to the drawing board.

Advertisement
I know it's cool to hate on Brad and focus on what he's doing wrong but let's not act like the receivers were getting consistent seperation either. That, combined with poor OL play and suspect play calling makes a QBs job tougher, in case you didn't know. Carry on with the Kaaya hate though and anticipating our next QB with baited breath, but if these other things aren't fixed, teams with talented athletes will be capable of exposing us. It is what it is.

People are gonna blame brad because he's the easiest to scapegoat. It's a shame really

If a ball hits you in the hands or in one case face mask ( berrios ) then you should catch the ball.

Advertisement
Our fans tend to call anything in a receiver's area code a drop. You can technically throw a bad pass that is still a completion which is something Kaaya does fairly regularly. He makes guys stop their feet and we miss out on yards after catch as a result.

100% agree.. on the INT drive the pass to Coley was not out in front of him which made him slow up just a bit.. that slow up was the difference between an easy TD and being tackled at the 12

The drops are all on Kaaya stop making excuses smh all of the dropped passes except for one to Berrios were uncatchable to begin with.

For the rest of this season, we are a 17-24 point per game offense against anyone with a pulse for a defense. We really just are.

We aren't winning a shootout against UNC - their defense is no worse than FSU's.
Their offense is much better than ours. Our defense may help, but will crumble late when we get behind and we've left them on the field too long, and the second loss looms.

We aren't winning a shootout against VT's defense off a short week and another home loss.
Taylor will eat us up enough and our 3 n out offense with frustration mounted penalties in all three phases will continue the crumble tradition.

We are pretty evenly matched with ND, and that ain't saying much.

UVA, PITT & Duke are our possible wins for the rest of the season. We'll lose at least one of those too, because Miami.

NCST? nope. They're jelling and no worse than FSU, UNC, VT on balance. We will be spent and probably have lost at least a few key defensive players to injuries at that point. The crumble will complete.

CMRekt, Bard Romo, No-line. Not a great formula.

Romo can please go pro this year.

So far, no good.

CMRekt was holding out on the playbook, LOL.

This game was THE test, even if FSU had been at full strength...which they clearly weren't.

That makes this situation even worse.

I wanted to believe, but the high ranking was eerily familiar.

We beat the cosmetology schools, handle the middlings early most times, get all swoll up, then exposed, then crumble...Recruiting suffers in a changed recruiting world where: our now officially ancient tradition means nothing to kids who want to play for real winners - so we scrap for a smattering of the talent pool enough to be dangerous, but never really deep..

If you want to call harsh reality jumping ship? Evidence speaks for itself.

If Al Richden proves me wrong in the next 4 weeks, I will eat my **** sandwich and take my drubbing.
If he don't, then I will be even more sad, but continue to love my school and the program, but temper any expectations for the future.

Same Old. Sh$% with a better looking defense. so far. Great.

Advertisement
Back