Bout To Blow Up - Joe "Juice" Yearby

Never does our fan base look so delusional as when we're gauging our players talent.

He got passed up on our depth chart by a RB who's regarded by our fans as "decent" but somehow he's going to go to the NFL and compete for a starting job against elite RB's.

Hope I'm wrong but undersized RB's who lack speed aren't highly sought after in the NFL.

Mike James was 5'11" 220+, ran a mid 4.5 and still barely got drafted and since then has bounced around the league.

I know it ain't always about measurables but Yearby's body of work isn't extensive/impressive enough to cancel out his lack of size/speed. (IMO)

Macho please don't lump this Moro(n) character in with "our fan base"...he is one of the extreme minority that feels this way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His versatility gives him a shot. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could latch on as a third down back/special teams guy. He does a good job of finding running room even when the blocking isn't holding up. For a little guy, he rarely gets tackled for loss. I honestly believe if Mark Walton had Yearby's vision he'd be the top back in the nation.

Where does he play on special teams? I don't see it.

His versatility gives him a shot. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could latch on as a third down back/special teams guy. He does a good job of finding running room even when the blocking isn't holding up. For a little guy, he rarely gets tackled for loss. I honestly believe if Mark Walton had Yearby's vision he'd be the top back in the nation.

Vision or cutting ability?

Never does our fan base look so delusional as when we're gauging our players talent.

He got passed up on our depth chart by a RB who's regarded by our fans as "decent" but somehow he's going to go to the NFL and compete for a starting job against elite RB's.

Hope I'm wrong but undersized RB's who lack speed aren't highly sought after in the NFL.

Mike James was 5'11" 220+, ran a mid 4.5 and still barely got drafted and since then has bounced around the league.

I know it ain't always about measurables but Yearby's body of work isn't extensive/impressive enough to cancel out his lack of size/speed. (IMO)

Please don't lump this Moro(n) in as "our fan base"...he is one of the extreme minority that feels this way.

I like macho he keeps it 100 and views shut without the glasses....even if u don't agree with him that **** is respectable n its not a troll attempt u can tell. We will all find out soon during the next few years

Advertisement
I think Yearby can make an NFL roster as an UDFA. He's a very good receiver and a willing runner in a zone scheme. Those are two things NFL teams value. He certainly got in the doghouse because he was performing poorly in pass pro. He's got to improve there significantly. He is a good athlete so if he is willing to commit himself as a special teamer than he can make it. Hope he does well at the next level.

Please don't lump this Moro(n) in as "our fan base"...he is one of the extreme minority that feels this way.

I like macho he keeps it 100 and views shut without the glasses....even if u don't agree with him that **** is respectable n its not a troll attempt u can tell. We will all find out soon during the next few years

Yes indeed; I agree. There will always be one that will rise to validate some BS. CIS fans, I can't make this stuff up!!!

Last edited:
That was a hand timed 4.38 at UM. So Swasey said he was 4.38. Ok. But to my eyes Willis before his injury and Frank Gore, especially his first year playing, had elite speed - and by elite I mean blowing up angles and running away from people speed. Clinton was fast - no doubt - but on the field of play he didn't play 4.38.

Santana for example had elite speed. If he got a step on you he was gone. Gore was like that before his injury and so was Willis. Portis was an elite back because of his vision. He wasn't slow by any stretch, but even thought he was a straight ahead runner he didn't have elite straight ahead speed. Another example of a Cane with elite speed was Andre Johnson who was the Big East 60m Champion at 230 pounds.

Portis didn't have elite speed, but he had great vision and was one of the best cutback runners that we have had. Willis and Frank, before his injury, had elite speed. The former staff ruined Joe by putting weight on him and taking away what made him so special, which is his lateral quickness.

Portis had elite speed, and Gore does everything better. Not a knock on Joe, but comparing him to those guys is a disservice to him. Hopefully he makes a roster.
Clinton Portis's ran a 10.6 100 and 4.26 40 while in Washington. Not elite?

Not close to accurate. Moss and Willis had comparable speed, but Portis was a legit 4.3 guy. He tested sub 4.3 at his pro day and in skins camp. Gore was never a 4.3 guy.

Advertisement
That was a hand timed 4.38 at UM. So Swasey said he was 4.38. Ok. But to my eyes Willis before his injury and Frank Gore, especially his first year playing, had elite speed - and by elite I mean blowing up angles and running away from people speed. Clinton was fast - no doubt - but on the field of play he didn't play 4.38.

Santana for example had elite speed. If he got a step on you he was gone. Gore was like that before his injury and so was Willis. Portis was an elite back because of his vision. He wasn't slow by any stretch, but even thought he was a straight ahead runner he didn't have elite straight ahead speed. Another example of a Cane with elite speed was Andre Johnson who was the Big East 60m Champion at 230 pounds.

Portis didn't have elite speed, but he had great vision and was one of the best cutback runners that we have had. Willis and Frank, before his injury, had elite speed. The former staff ruined Joe by putting weight on him and taking away what made him so special, which is his lateral quickness.
Clinton Portis's ran a 10.6 100 and 4.26 40 while in Washington. Not elite?

Not close to accurate. Moss and Willis had comparable speed, but Portis was a legit 4.3 guy. He tested sub 4.3 at his pro day and in skins camp. Gore was never a 4.3 guy.

This is true Portis got rundown a lot of times. Game speed is a different trait. And blowing up angles and running away from people is where Yearby excels within the first 20 to 30 yards!!! Some southeast HS defensive coaches struggle with calculating down and distance therefore never figuring this out.

Last edited:
He didn't really fulfill his potential in my opinion. Him and Dalvin were arguably two the best backs in their respective classes and it seemed like both went in totally different directions. Dalvin soared to be one of FSU's greatest backs and Joe kind of festered in mediocrity. I mean sure, he ran for 1,000 one year, but he is not the back we thought he would be coming out of Miami Central. I do say this however, he will be a quality second day grab for a team. H e is a terrific receiver out of the back field, and if he were to wind up on a team like the Patriots, he could have a pretty decent career.

No you misunderstood. Maybe the way I worded it was vague...I agree with Macho. I'm just saying that Moro's opinion is his own. It doesn't represent the fanbase as a whole. I'd estimate that if you put up a poll most people on here would agree with Macho's opinion.

Last edited:
He didn't really fulfill his potential in my opinion. Him and Dalvin were arguably two the best backs in their respective classes and it seemed like both went in totally different directions. Dalvin soared to be one of FSU's greatest backs and Joe kind of festered in mediocrity. I mean sure, he ran for 1,000 one year, but he is not the back we thought he would be coming out of Miami Central. I do say this however, he will be a quality second day grab for a team. H e is a terrific receiver out of the back field, and if he were to wind up on a team like the Patriots, he could have a pretty decent career.

dalvins a future nfl star

Advertisement

No you misunderstood. Maybe the way I worded it was vageue...I agree with Macho. I'm just saying that Moro's opinion is his own. It doesn't represent the fanbase as a whole. I'd estimate that if you put up a poll most people on here would agree with Macho's opinion.

HeeHee, Did yawl catch that? It didn't take long for Buddy to put him his place, huh? He said, wait a minute got **** it, we accept you but don't you get it twisted!!! As the Brother said, they keeping it 100... And it didn't take the next few year to find out... LMMFAO!!!! Look, for full out damage control now. CIS fans, I swear I caint make this stuff up!!!

Last edited:

Probably both. Walton doesn't have that quick jump-cut that Yearby has but his balance and patience have greatly improved from his freshman year. He's much stronger and faster than Joe.

I always liked Joe. Seems like a good kid. I wish him the best. He may play for a few years for a few teams. There are a ton of non-starting NFL backs that didn't crush it in college and stick around for 3-4 years. Special teams will be the key for him. He must bust heads on special teams.

Advertisement

Probably both. Walton doesn't have that quick jump-cut that Yearby has but his balance and patience have greatly improved from his freshman year. He's much stronger and faster than Joe.

I was asking where you Yearby playing on STs? I don't recall him being on STs for us. He doesn't have that return ability.

I was asking where you Yearby playing on STs? I don't recall him being on STs for us. He doesn't have that return ability.

He didn't return kicks as a freshman?

He didn't return kicks as a freshman?

I honestly don't remember. I just don't see him as an NFL returner. Not by any measure.

Advertisement
Back