Bout To Blow Up - Joe "Juice" Yearby

Where does he play on special teams? I don't see it.

Vision or cutting ability?

Probably both. Walton doesn't have that quick jump-cut that Yearby has but his balance and patience have greatly improved from his freshman year. He's much stronger and faster than Joe.

I was asking where you Yearby playing on STs? I don't recall him being on STs for us. He doesn't have that return ability.

He didn't return kicks as a freshman?

Kickoff coverage and I think maybe punt coverage. There's more to special teams than returners

Advertisement
Vision or cutting ability?

Probably both. Walton doesn't have that quick jump-cut that Yearby has but his balance and patience have greatly improved from his freshman year. He's much stronger and faster than Joe.

I was asking where you Yearby playing on STs? I don't recall him being on STs for us. He doesn't have that return ability.

Kickoff coverage and I think maybe punt coverage. There's more to special teams than returners

Oviously...but he never did it at Miami from my recollection. So where do you just get this assumption that he will be equipped for it in the NFL?

Oviously...but he never did it at Miami from my recollection. So where do you just get this assumption that he will be equipped for it in the NFL?

Why do you assume he can't? Almost every single member of an NFL special teams coverage unit didn't do it in college. Nobody drafts a player because he's on the kick coverage team. The guys covering punts/kicks in the NFL were starters on their college teams.

Why do you assume he can't? Almost every single member of an NFL special teams coverage unit didn't do it in college. Nobody drafts a player because he's on the kick coverage team. The guys covering punts/kicks in the NFL were starters on their college teams.

Yearby wasn't a starter on his team, and he has no ST experience that I recollect. Also most kids spend time in STs in college...whether they end up a starter or not. Don't know where you got that from. STs need speed...he doesn't have it or he would've been on our ST units. If you don't have the top speed to get down on coverage you are probably a lineman for FGs/punts or a LB/TE/FB for returns.

This will all be solved over the next year or so when you don't see him on a single NFL STs unit.

Lol Yearby is a decent running back. Would have been good at smaller school. However, he is overrated by Miami fans because he is from South florida and well known.

OP only made this post because he was looking for an opportunity to trash Richt for not playing Yearby. Total troll job that hasn't panned out yet

Advertisement
Never does our fan base look so delusional as when we're gauging our players talent.

He got passed up on our depth chart by a RB who's regarded by our fans as "decent" but somehow he's going to go to the NFL and compete for a starting job against elite RB's.

Hope I'm wrong but undersized RB's who lack speed aren't highly sought after in the NFL.

Mike James was 5'11" 220+, ran a mid 4.5 and still barely got drafted and since then has bounced around the league.

I know it ain't always about measurables but Yearby's body of work isn't extensive/impressive enough to cancel out his lack of size/speed. (IMO)

The fact that you believe Mark Walton is only "decent" is why i laff at this idea that youre some sort of football expert.

Hey dumb ****...

Read it again. It says "RB who's regarded by our fans as decent".

Regarded. By. Our. Fans.

He might just be the next Tom Brady. Lightly regarded and gets drafted in the last rounds of the draft only to prove all the nay sayers wrong and produce a hall of fame career. Or, the first time he has to pass protect he gets someones $50 million QB killed and they cut him after that play. It's a toss up really.

Advertisement
That was a hand timed 4.38 at UM. So Swasey said he was 4.38. Ok. But to my eyes Willis before his injury and Frank Gore, especially his first year playing, had elite speed - and by elite I mean blowing up angles and running away from people speed. Clinton was fast - no doubt - but on the field of play he didn't play 4.38.

Santana for example had elite speed. If he got a step on you he was gone. Gore was like that before his injury and so was Willis. Portis was an elite back because of his vision. He wasn't slow by any stretch, but even thought he was a straight ahead runner he didn't have elite straight ahead speed. Another example of a Cane with elite speed was Andre Johnson who was the Big East 60m Champion at 230 pounds.

Clinton Portis's ran a 10.6 100 and 4.26 40 while in Washington. Not elite?

Not close to accurate. Moss and Willis had comparable speed, but Portis was a legit 4.3 guy. He tested sub 4.3 at his pro day and in skins camp. Gore was never a 4.3 guy.

This is true Portis got rundown a lot of times. Game speed is a different trait. And blowing up angles and running away from people is where Yearby excels within the first 20 to 30 yards!!! Some southeast HS defensive coaches struggle with calculating down and distance therefore never figuring this out.

Show us some tape of Portis getting caught?

First off, I would have brought this to yawl earlier but, well you know.... Man Oh Man, when I tell you the sky is the limit believe me!!! I will let this draft breakdown from my man Matt Waldman from the Boiler Room run it down for you. This Diamond of ours was mentioned in the likes of Frank Gore and Clinton Portis.... All I can say is wow, if you don't allow yourself to get caught up with the names but understand the emphasis is on the elite traits then you will understand where he is coming from. Pay special attention to the pass blocking references this is for the "pass pro" people out there that love to bring that up. But anyways, Let's Get It!!!! Moro Brings You Another One......

Note: There is a reason I had to mention "don't get caught up in the names"... There will be at least one that needs this understanding. The comparison is actually respect to those players and God didn't limit talent to one generation of athletes so always expect the same talent to appear in future generations or you will be sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

[video=youtube;rkzIOY3kpB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzIOY3kpB4[/video]
he has no elite traits...if he had elite traits he would be a starter instead of being passed up by Gus

Yearby and Cook == can't separate them in my mind.

I wish'd Coley hadn't brought him here -- part of me thinks Cook was never going to share carries with Yearby while he was clearly the better RB (NFL top 15 pick) after Central. No Yearby here, maybe we have a better chance at Cook.

Anyway, I digress...

Good luck to Joe in the NFL or whatever might be in his future.

Advertisement
i thought this thread was about joe yearby getting caught shooting 'roids.

OP's rant is nearly unintelligible.

Yep. Complete nonsense. He won't be drafted before the 6th round if at all . Made a moronic decision but it was his to make . Sink or swim as a man young joe.

i think top end speed is overrated. guys are not running for 60-70 on a regular basis most guys only have like 1 per season if that. Joe is defiantly a guy that can get in a 2 deep and pick up 4 a carry

First off, I would have brought this to yawl earlier but, well you know.... Man Oh Man, when I tell you the sky is the limit believe me!!! I will let this draft breakdown from my man Matt Waldman from the Boiler Room run it down for you. This Diamond of ours was mentioned in the likes of Frank Gore and Clinton Portis.... All I can say is wow, if you don't allow yourself to get caught up with the names but understand the emphasis is on the elite traits then you will understand where he is coming from. Pay special attention to the pass blocking references this is for the "pass pro" people out there that love to bring that up. But anyways, Let's Get It!!!! Moro Brings You Another One......

Note: There is a reason I had to mention "don't get caught up in the names"... There will be at least one that needs this understanding. The comparison is actually respect to those players and God didn't limit talent to one generation of athletes so always expect the same talent to appear in future generations or you will be sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

[video=youtube;rkzIOY3kpB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzIOY3kpB4[/video]
he has no elite traits...if he had elite traits he would be a starter instead of being passed up by Gus

daaaam the 1st run hes super slow wow

Advertisement
Yearby and Cook == can't separate them in my mind.

I wish'd Coley hadn't brought him here -- part of me thinks Cook was never going to share carries with Yearby while he was clearly the better RB (NFL top 15 pick) after Central. No Yearby here, maybe we have a better chance at Cook.

Anyway, I digress...

Good luck to Joe in the NFL or whatever might be in his future.

cook saved our program. if he chooses Miami golden is still coaching

i think top end speed is overrated. guys are not running for 60-70 on a regular basis most guys only have like 1 per season if that. Joe is defiantly a guy that can get in a 2 deep and pick up 4 a carry

It's not about goin 60-70. You still have to have enough speed to get around edges and out-run Linebackers.

Advertisement
Back