Bout To Blow Up - Joe "Juice" Yearby

He's always had great feet. Hope he lands somewhere and makes a bunch of money in the league for as long as possible. Starter, backup, journeyman, whatever.

Advertisement
I respect Yearby and wish him well. He picked the canes when he could have gone anywhere else. He stayed loyal to the home team which is something we all agree that more of the front runners should do. Stay true and stay home.

Never does our fan base look so delusional as when we're gauging our players talent.

He got passed up on our depth chart by a RB who's regarded by our fans as "decent" but somehow he's going to go to the NFL and compete for a starting job against elite RB's.

Hope I'm wrong but undersized RB's who lack speed aren't highly sought after in the NFL.

Mike James was 5'11" 220+, ran a mid 4.5 and still barely got drafted and since then has bounced around the league.

I know it ain't always about measurables but Yearby's body of work isn't extensive/impressive enough to cancel out his lack of size/speed. (IMO)

Richt's got a great reputation putting RBs in the league so i'm sure he's got some pull with nfl coaches. I think Joe's got a shot to stick during camp, hopefully Richt makes a few calls to help him out.

Advertisement
Santana for example had elite speed. If he got a step on you he was gone. Gore was like that before his injury and so was Willis. Portis was an elite back because of his vision. He wasn't slow by any stretch, but even thought he was a straight ahead runner he didn't have elite straight ahead speed. Another example of a Cane with elite speed was Andre Johnson who was the Big East 60m Champion at 230 pounds.

Portis didn't have elite speed, but he had great vision and was one of the best cutback runners that we have had. Willis and Frank, before his injury, had elite speed. The former staff ruined Joe by putting weight on him and taking away what made him so special, which is his lateral quickness.

Portis had elite speed, and Gore does everything better. Not a knock on Joe, but comparing him to those guys is a disservice to him. Hopefully he makes a roster.
Clinton Portis's ran a 10.6 100 and 4.26 40 while in Washington. Not elite?

Never does our fan base look so delusional as when we're gauging our players talent.

He got passed up on our depth chart by a RB who's regarded by our fans as "decent" but somehow he's going to go to the NFL and compete for a starting job against elite RB's.

Hope I'm wrong but undersized RB's who lack speed aren't highly sought after in the NFL.

Mike James was 5'11" 220+, ran a mid 4.5 and still barely got drafted and since then has bounced around the league.

I know it ain't always about measurables but Yearby's body of work isn't extensive/impressive enough to cancel out his lack of size/speed. (IMO)

agree this dude run like a slow zombie......hes not good period. the nfl is to fast for him. alot of fans here dont how 2 watch film.

also duke is struggling now n yearby is slower.

The fact that you believe Mark Walton is only "decent" is why i laff at this idea that youre some sort of football expert.

Advertisement

The fact that you believe Mark Walton is only "decent" is why i laff at this idea that youre some sort of football expert.

i think he is basing it off nfl potential which I have no problem with

I think he meant by Gus.

Yearby was 3rd string at the end of the season

I think he meant by Gus.

Yearby was 3rd string at the end of the season

this 2

i think we as um fans expect excellence thats y too. we will always measure players by our past greats

Yearby/Walton/Gus are in the same class as a Payton/Moss/Cooper/Berry/Javarris James/Mike James

Their ceiling is late round pick (but probably UFA), make a team for a couple years (which is nothing scoff at), but not make a significant contribution in the NFL.

Advertisement
First off, I would have brought this to yawl earlier but, well you know.... Man Oh Man, when I tell you the sky is the limit believe me!!! I will let this draft breakdown from my man Matt Waldman from the Boiler Room run it down for you. This Diamond of ours was mentioned in the likes of Frank Gore and Clinton Portis.... All I can say is wow, if you don't allow yourself to get caught up with the names but understand the emphasis is on the elite traits then you will understand where he is coming from. Pay special attention to the pass blocking references this is for the "pass pro" people out there that love to bring that up. But anyways, Let's Get It!!!! Moro Brings You Another One......

Note: There is a reason I had to mention "don't get caught up in the names"... There will be at least one that needs this understanding. The comparison is actually respect to those players and God didn't limit talent to one generation of athletes so always expect the same talent to appear in future generations or you will be sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

[video=youtube;rkzIOY3kpB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzIOY3kpB4[/video]

Chill with the adderal before you have a heart attack.

Guys voice on the video was annoying and he showed clips from the beginning at the end again.

Comparing yearby to porter is non sense

-truTh

His versatility gives him a shot. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could latch on as a third down back/special teams guy. He does a good job of finding running room even when the blocking isn't holding up. For a little guy, he rarely gets tackled for loss. I honestly believe if Mark Walton had Yearby's vision he'd be the top back in the nation.

Advertisement
Santana for example had elite speed. If he got a step on you he was gone. Gore was like that before his injury and so was Willis. Portis was an elite back because of his vision. He wasn't slow by any stretch, but even thought he was a straight ahead runner he didn't have elite straight ahead speed. Another example of a Cane with elite speed was Andre Johnson who was the Big East 60m Champion at 230 pounds.

Portis didn't have elite speed, but he had great vision and was one of the best cutback runners that we have had. Willis and Frank, before his injury, had elite speed. The former staff ruined Joe by putting weight on him and taking away what made him so special, which is his lateral quickness.

Portis had elite speed, and Gore does everything better. Not a knock on Joe, but comparing him to those guys is a disservice to him. Hopefully he makes a roster.

Not close to accurate. Moss and Willis had comparable speed, but Portis was a legit 4.3 guy. He tested sub 4.3 at his pro day and in skins camp. Gore was never a 4.3 guy.

Yearby is a poor man's Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, and Jim Brown combined.

And by poor, I mean living under a bridge and eating top ramen.

Not close to accurate. Moss and Willis had comparable speed, but Portis was a legit 4.3 guy. He tested sub 4.3 at his pro day and in skins camp. Gore was never a 4.3 guy.

4.3 is elite for a rb

Notice the reach to knock Yearby, they went and found former track stars to try to prove their point. Well if we are going to reach then **** Yearby faster and quicker than EJ!!!

Advertisement
Back