Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

Advertisement
I have less than zero interest in this Florida Big 3 in the top 25 storyline.

Need Miami to excel. The other two can go **** themselves.
Thank you

Nothing those two clowns have or have not done has had any impact on us what so ever.

Miami's biggest problem has always been Miami.

If they both burned to the ground I would send a palate of napalm to make sure it glowed that much longer.

Thank you

Nothing those two clowns have or have not done has had any impact on us what so ever.

If they both burned to the ground I would send a palate of napalm to make sure it glowed that much longer.
Apocalypse Now Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
Okay.......PORST OF THE CENTURY

Advertisement
Thank you

Yes. Just win. I think the lore of the rivalry for some here is like the memory of Christmas morning and Santa Claus….

The Big 3 being good was fun…… because WE won and came out on top more often than not…

That’s like us saying, glad they got one on us last year, we won too many in a row and the fun was wearing off… good sporting affair, chaps…

Santa Claus hasn’t delivered presents under our tree in 20 years, the drunk uncle knocked over the tree and we got coal in our stockings.

Let’s ******* win!

It's clear that certain opinions will trigger our fanbase's insecurities.

I dont know how anyone can deny that both FSU and uf had statement wins this weekend. lol.

Dont panic, people. Our time is coming, and not just the TAMU game. By mid-October FSU will have taken three losses. Meanwhile the Canes will be 6-1 with a statement win over UNC. We'll be in the driver's seat to win the Coastal and FSU will be working hard to get bowl eligible after we make a statement on them in a night game at Hard Rock.

1) LSU is really, really bad. Maybe even worse than last season. Awful

2) Florida looked much better than I thought, including Richardson. However, he can be reckless, and if he gets hurt, they’re genuinely fvcked.

3) Utah absolutely did not play their best game, faltered on the goal line twice and handed the game away in many ways. For whatever reason, they did not let Rising throw downfield much. When they opened it up more in the 4th, Florida couldn’t stop them. The offensive play-calling was definitely weird, Utah stubbornly kept trying to force the run game up the middle instead of playing to their strengths.

I do agree that the A&M game is important (although I don’t buy them as a top 10 team this season), but not really because of UF and FSU. Neither team will win more than 8 games.
Took 5 pages but finally we got to a reasonable post. Like most, I’m shocked that UF and FSU are 1-0 but some of the takes in this thread are absurd.

Advertisement
Please tell me FSU goes out and loses to Louisville next. Their fans are insufferable

We better not lose vs. those F$U hoes at Hard Rock, that’s for sure! That would be devastating.

Please tell me FSU goes out and loses to Louisville next. Their fans are insufferable

I dont think so. The schedule sets up well for FSU here. They a bye week before playing Louisville, whereas Louisville is at UCF then plays FSU in two weeks.

Advertisement
Man LSU was under .500 these past two seasons, but a statement would be winning all of our games all 12
We could win all of our games 70-13 - including the National Championship - and a number of South Florida recruits will find the excuse to go to A&M, LSU, or even Florida State. We could go undefeated for ten years and the same issue would still be in play.

I hate that OP referred to Florida beating the #7 team. The preseason rankings are all BS conjecture based on last years performances. Teams are assigned rankings to get more eyes on the television. It falsely creates more excitement for the game. There shouldn't be any rankings until the CFP committee makes them.

The preseason rankings are just stupid. Oregon ranked #11. Will now be unranked, but UGA gets credit for beating a ranked team. Same for Florida. Gets credit for beating a top 10 team who will likely be in the late teens.

Every year we see this. Teams getting national recognition for beating mediocre teams that were over-ranked.

UM ane AtM are in the same boat. With AtM as the #6 team and Miami at #16, we're likely be #12 by the time we play AtM. Regardless of whether either team is deserving of their ranking, the winner is going to move up. If Miami beat AtM, we move to the top 10 regardless of whether AtM was truly the #6 team.
The problem. With not having pre season rankings is that they would still have them privately. And When the true rankings come out they would still factor in these cross conference games

Although FSU looks better, their QB still takes a lot of punishment.

Advertisement
It's clear that certain opinions will trigger our fanbase's insecurities.

I dont know how anyone can deny that both FSU and uf had statement wins this weekend. lol.

Dont panic, people. Our time is coming, and not just the TAMU game. By mid-October FSU will have taken three losses. Meanwhile the Canes will be 6-1 with a statement win over UNC. We'll be in the driver's seat to win the Coastal and FSU will be working hard to get bowl eligible after we make a statement on them in a night game at Hard Rock.
Here’s where the trouble starts…

The thought process of a large percentage here was FSU would be 1-2 coming out of the game at Louisville… after week 1.5, money is on them being 3-0 and playing with confidence…. The board will be scared 🤣

SIAP but LSU was only a 3.5 point favorite and Utah was only a 2.5 point favorite. Nice wins, but both won very winnable games.

By mid-October FSU will have taken three losses. Meanwhile the Canes will be 6-1 with a statement win over UNC.
I'm dumbfounded by so many of you assuming aTm will be a loss. They are not Bama or UGA. Watch their game against Sam Houston.

Advertisement
Back