Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”

LSU was 6-7 last year. That wasn't a "statement" win for Florida State, outside the fact Mike Norvell won his tenth game for the Noles now in season three.

Utah isn't made for The Swamp and it showed. Those Pac-12 boys were outmatched big time—as was Oregon, who got shellacked 49-3 at Georgia. The Gators win says less about them and more about who the Utes aren't. Relax.

Miami playing at #6 Texas A&M in two weeks has nothing to do with either of these openers and is much more of an uphill battle than Florida beating overrated Utah at home, or Florida State beating an LSU team that's a shell of its former self, at a neutral site.

Let's see where this season is in December; Miami with a good shot at 10-2 and an ACC Coastal title, headed to a conference title game—while Florida sits at 8-4 and Florida State is probably 7-5—both at home on conference championship Saturday.

Worst case, Miami is 3-1 going into ACC and has North Carolina at home for the opener—and should legit be 9-1 going into a mid-November road game at Clemson; the Coastal all but locked up and two weeks past putting the Noles in their place.

Until then, what say we slow our roll and let it play out. Ridiculous to make game three of the Mario Cristobal era some do-or-die, we're-screwed-if-we-lose type situation.

Advertisement
Kids the age of our recruits believe hype and the B.S. ESPN spews out. The points OP is making are fair: kids are watching, they will want to see us win our "big game" like FSU and uF did

I don't think it's crazy to say that LOGIC isn't always what a 17 year old basis a decision on

Kids also have short-term memories and will be more concerned with where all these programs are the first weekend of December, not the first weekend of September.

That was absolutely the WORST LSU Team I have seen in a long, long time. As bad as the Mike Archer (UM Alum) led team we went into Baton Rouge and beat 46-10. 1988? LSU did everything but put a bow on the gift wrapping they handed the Semenholes.
Same with the Utah - UF game. The Utes just choked when it plainly mattered.
I like our chances at years end.

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
Florida's win was a statement. But only because Utah shouldn't have been top 10 period.
Honestly both teams could have had the bottom of the top 25 argument.

It's also the 1st week.

Winning at A&M would throw us into playoff talks already, trust me. But of course...we have S. Miss this week. Let's handle them 1st, and stay healthy

LSU was 6-7 last year. That wasn't a "statement" win for Florida State, outside the fact Mike Norvell won his tenth game for the Noles now in season three.

Utah isn't made for The Swamp and it showed. Those Pac-12 boys were outmatched big time—as was Oregon, who got shellacked 49-3 at Georgia. The Gators win says less about them and more about who the Utes aren't. Relax.

Miami playing at #6 Texas A&M in two weeks has nothing to do with either of these openers and is much more of an uphill battle than Florida beating overrated Utah at home, or Florida State beating an LSU team that's a shell of its former self, at a neutral site.

Let's see where this season is in December; Miami with a good shot at 10-2 and an ACC Coastal title, headed to a conference title game—while Florida sits at 8-4 and Florida State is probably 7-5—both at home on conference championship Saturday.

Worst case, Miami is 3-1 going into ACC and has North Carolina at home for the opener—and should legit be 9-1 going into a mid-November road game at Clemson; the Coastal all but locked up and two weeks past putting the Noles in their place.

Until then, what say we slow our roll and let it play out. Ridiculous to make game three of the Mario Cristobal era some do-or-die, we're-screwed-if-we-lose type situation.
No one is making it a do or die situation. I put emphasis on the fact that it put more pressure on us. It’s not a make or break, fire Cristobal if we lose, type of situation and I never said it was

Advertisement
The only statement game between the two butt cheeks up north and us, was us taking care of business vs BC. If FU doesn’t come up with that INT, game over. If that kick isn’t blocked by FSWho, game over. That’s not a very satisfying feeling as a program. Remember how many games in the past decade have been squeakers for us, and we’ve had to pretend we won handily? That’s what these two games were. That’s where these two programs are to date.

Beating an unranked LSU team that was sub-.500 the past 2 years and is almost a lock to be again this year is as much of a "statement" win as beating our 2019 team would be.

@Burricane shouldnt a Miami fan know the "brand name" of a school means nothing? We've lived it.

We play FSU and both us and UF play A&M. Those are the measuring stick games that will end up mattering. **** if we beat A&M then lose to UNC, that A&M win will mean very little to our fanbase.

You're never as good or as bad as you think you are after week 1.

It's a 12 game season. Relax. If FSU finishes 6-6, imagine how amazing this "statement win" will look in December.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back