Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

Advertisement
Richardson is a tremendous athlete for UF, but he isn't a QB. That offense will be entirely predicated on whether he can take advantage of defensive breakdowns and open lanes to generate big yardage. His passing abilities aren't impressive or eye-popping. Game prep-wise, they looked far more prepared and didn't panic at any point. Props to Napier on that. Defensively, they also didn't look bad. However, Utah really made some boneheaded decisions, and Whittingham probably had his worst night coaching in a very long time. Utah blew multiple opportunities to win this game, but that's the way it goes sometimes. If they beat UK this week, I think they end up 9-3 (losses to Tenn., Georgia, and A&M). If not, it'll be 8-4.

As for FSU, they also looked improved. Travis isn't as bad as I thought he'd be, and his improvement is akin to the jump Malik Rosier made from 2015 --> 2017. Verse is a **** of a player on the DL, and they've got some other solid players there too. However, their offense will live or die with Travis. Last night, he accounted for 74% of the offensive production. Their RBs and WRs are extremely underwhelming, and the OL caught a huge break with LSU's top DL going out with an injury early. Their secondary also couldn't stop a thing once LSU got going. Giving up 2 TDs on back-to-back drives to finish the game is not a good look. Overall, their offense also needed to be extremely gimmicky to get things going. Looking at their schedule, they should be a 6-7 win team. I think they'll beat Louisville but will take an L against Wake Forest. Overall, they'll probably come into our game 4-3, with losses to Wake, NC State, and Clemson. Also, while Louisville looked terrible this weekend, don't sleep on them upsetting FSU. The line is -4.5 FSU right now, and UL will make that their Superbowl.

The game plan to beat either of them is to contain Travis and Richardson. Force them to beat you through the air. With the type of offenses they both run, both of those QBs will get hit a lot. Also, if either of them goes down, they're screwed.
Yep. I’d make my DEs play stout edge containment to prevent the outside runs. Force them to run inside and have your most althletic, best tackling LB/S spy their asses all game long. Like literally just shadow the QB. That’s your assignment and make them beat you in the air.

F*CK FSU or UF being relevant EVER except in ****.....
my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Advertisement
I always love when posters use the word “scared”

What part of my post makes you think I’m scared?

In the long run we are going to be fine with Mario at the helm. But our rivals are toting these wins to recruits

All I said was it makes this game that much more important

Advertisement
Lot of bytch made folks in this thread if im keepin it a buck with yall. Yall GOTTA let that scar tissue from the Manny Diaz era goooooo

Look, UF, Miami, and FSU are going to win their share of recruiting battles. As long as the losses aren’t blowout, any good recruiter can sell to a kid “we need a kid like you out there to make up that difference” etc etc.

Perception is a week to week thing. The world LOVED UF after the Bama game last year but hated us after the UK loss. That’s weekly, at the end of the day, a great recruiter can sell recruits on their program regardless of wins and losses.

Cristobal is a great recruiter imo or **** near a great recruiter and the A&M game, while perception is a big deal, won’t effect yall current list of committed kids. I can assure you that and I say that because none of have talked about, unless ive missed it, taking visits to other schools.

Here’s where the trouble starts…

The thought process of a large percentage here was FSU would be 1-2 coming out of the game at Louisville… after week 1.5, money is on them being 3-0 and playing with confidence…. The board will be scared 🤣

I now have FSU beating Louisville. The schedule sets up well for them. FSU gets a bye next week and Louisville has to go @UCF. I think the Noles will be in prime position to take that game.

#Shivers.... lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
BTW - Since we're getting this all out of our system in this thread,...

It's worth mentioning that (arguably) our biggest division rival Pitt also had a statement win this weekend. Beating WVU was no small task.

Advertisement
Back