Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
Calm down, they also know ATM is a better team bro. Plus we’re going to the Devil’s kitchen

Advertisement
Do people actually know what a statement wins is? When u win all the games u supposed to win routinely, then you need that 1 win to show you have taken another step. You have to get the routine wins in there for a statement win to matter. First week of the season, no one knows who any team gonna be.

Al Golden had a so called statement win v the Gators in 2013. Turns out they weren't that good and neither were we. Let the season play out and stop putting stupid requirements on the team that's building, this is a years long process. Consistency is what's gonna change the program, not periods of sugar high.

We've improved too. Not sure why you all are in a panic. Everyone is going through week 1 and dealing with the preseason rankings which are awfully inflated for some, unfair for others. You think FSU and UF are going to run the table because of a little early season success? @me before week 7 and lets see where these dudes at.
I hate that OP referred to Florida beating the #7 team. The preseason rankings are all BS conjecture based on last years performances. Teams are assigned rankings to get more eyes on the television. It falsely creates more excitement for the game. There shouldn't be any rankings until the CFP committee makes them.

The preseason rankings are just stupid. Oregon ranked #11. Will now be unranked, but UGA gets credit for beating a ranked team. Same for Florida. Gets credit for beating a top 10 team who will likely be in the late teens.

Every year we see this. Teams getting national recognition for beating mediocre teams that were over-ranked.

UM ane AtM are in the same boat. With AtM as the #6 team and Miami at #16, we're likely be #12 by the time we play AtM. Regardless of whether either team is deserving of their ranking, the winner is going to move up. If Miami beat AtM, we move to the top 10 regardless of whether AtM was truly the #6 team.

UF had a statement win.

FSU required the worst special teams by an opponent in history, the best game in Jordan Travis’s career, and a Maason Smith injury to beat the worst LSU team I’ve ever seen by 1 point.
Utah had two turnovers inside the 5 yard line.

How often does that happen?

Advertisement
This is akin to Al Golden beating OSU or UF. Combo of it being better to be lucky than good/an overrated opponent

Neither school likely wins more than 8 this year.

And debatably, LSU & Utah might not either, based on how they looked.

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”

Don't have time to read 6 pages. Here is why your post is an over reaction. If signing day was Wed Sept 21st 2022 you'd have some merit. With it being in Dec & Feb this post is way to presumptive. For example, we lose to 8&4 then proceed to grow as a team and win our remaining games. What do you think perception of the U would look like at that point for recruits?

I don't necessarily think it is a must win but the point OP is making is that the media made those 2 wins for them bigger than they are. And that is impactful whether we want to accept it or not. Teenagers are impressionable in the moment. So at this point today, yes those were statements. But the final win column will be the ultimate factor when all is said and done. Point taken by OP but if we take care of what we can control it will not matter much what the 2 dopes up north did this weekend. Regarding ATM I just hope we can open holes on their DL line we did Saturday and tackle. If we do then I see a W

Advertisement
@Burricane, recruiting is not in a vacuum. While I agree that the outcomes of both games were not what Canes fans wanted to see, it's a long season ahead and both UF and FSU will each lose several games. What Miami fans need to do is focus on our beloved Canes. Show up to the games and do all we can to support the team, especially when we play UNC, FSU and Pitt.

Let's get to the ACCCG and all else will take care of itself...

Advertisement
It's funny that a couple of days ago the majority of posters on here were saying Florida and FSU would get hammered by LSU and Utah respectively and now both were "Overrated " and "Terrible" to begin with.... So if things went the way most wanted them to in both Florida and FSU getting clobbered what would the narrative be???
I mean is everything just narrative by convenience or is there any real logic to it's usage???
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Advertisement
It's funny that a couple of days ago the majority of posters on here were saying Florida and FSU would get hammered by LSU and Utah respectively and now both were "Overrated " and "Terrible" to begin with.... So if things went the way most wanted them to in both Florida and FSU getting clobbered what would the narrative be???
I mean is everything just narrative by convenience or is there any real logic to it's usage???
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel
Narrative or not. 90% of the board expected UF and FSU to have losses on their records when they woke up today.

Some of yall boys scared that our two rivals got big wins, ours will come too when we play our big games, there's just happened to come week 1 be patient. I'm all for the state of Florida having 3 top 25 teams it's better for college football and recruiting battles. It's better when we kick their ads then and I want all the smoke

Advertisement
Back