Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

Advertisement
If Miami wins the coastal and has a fair showing in the ACCCG or wins it, what FSU & Florida does is moot since they probably wont be close to winning their division in their own conferences anyway. Just my opinion.

Early season games are a toss up a lot of the time. I don't usually put much stock in them. It's good to win them, but it doesn't always say what you've got or how the season will play out. The season will make a statement, not one game.

As for A&M, I don't think we'll win the game. They're going to shut our running game down and force our WR's to step up. We gotta make sure they use a lot of bodies to do that, not just 4 down linemen. Just keep it close in the end and maybe we'll get a shot to win it.

Both had nice wins vs overrated teams. But they took care of business in awesome environments so kudos to them. TAM isn’t a must win but we need to show we belong and hang. FSU is our statement, must win game.

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
It doesn't mean **** because a team was overrated in the pre-season rabkings. Oregon was ranked #11 and got a complete beatdown.

A good win for Florida, but let's not act like they best the raining champions.

It's a new season with different players. This is the downfall of college football. Teams get rated pre-season based on last year's performances.

We won't know how good teams are for at least 5'-6 games into the season.

Unfortunately, college football is all about narratives. You had Ohio State coach Ryan Day say multiple times that they had just beat the #5 rated team. Says who? ND will be an 8-4, 9-3 team. Day is trying to create a narrative that keeps his team at the top of the polls. Their win was not impressive. Georgia looks like the better team and will be rated higher this week.

Advertisement
FSU just beat the worst LSU team in 20+ years on a neutral site coming off a year where they missed the postseason
UF beat an overrated Utah outfit on their homefield
But hey, our game against a Top 5 team on the road is a must-win

Gotta love CIS logic

A statement to me would be winning the Coastal and being at least competitive in ACC championship game. Too many unknowns on this team to expect more than that. Need a couple of years of top recruiting

That may be the perception this moment. But let the season play out. (UF has a chance for a great season).

Also, aTm is better than both Utah and LSU.

That LSU team looked BAD.
Agreed. A lot can happen between now and TA&M and a lot can happen by seasons end.

FSU just beat the worst LSU team in 20+ years on a neutral site coming off a year where they missed the postseason

Gotta love CIS logic
Where did I ever say it’s a must win? I said it’s a statement game, and our two rivals won their statement games. So the ball is in our court

Advertisement
JFC.

We sure are lucky that they didn’t move early signing day up to Labor Day this year.

These week one wins (one over the 3rd best team in the 5th best conference and the other against a 5-win SECSECSEC squad) will hardly be a blip on the radar in November when uif and floriduh state are each 7-4 thanksgiving weekend - winner gets that all important invite to the music city bowl.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
Any recruit that is giddy over fsu tonight, well go to Tallahassee and play for corch norvell. I'm trying to be nice

The University of Miami is taking football serious and we have a big time head coach.

I can care less about what any other team has going on. Things will take care of themselves.

Gotta love CIS logic
2D717E20-5680-4268-97BA-C79BD2C2D062.png

Advertisement
Advertisement

FSU beat LSU

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

The issue with putting so much emphasis on an early season out of conference game, is that if we lost it and then won out nobody would give a **** really…

I agree that we cant get blown out like Oregon got or anything. But is it an absolute “must win”? No, Obviously not. The FSU game later this year is WAY MORE of a must win than Texas A&M

We were stupid to put our faith in a pac12 team going east and an lsu team with a dbag coach that is clearly terrible. Focus on us you’ll be happier for it. And we will kick the crap out of whoever we play and if we don’t it’s our problem. Also lol at recruits. We were never getting cormani anyways. And bama Georgia will still take who they want until further notice

Advertisement
Back