Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

Advertisement
We've improved too. Not sure why you all are in a panic. Everyone is going through week 1 and dealing with the preseason rankings which are awfully inflated for some, unfair for others. You think FSU and UF are going to run the table because of a little early season success? @me before week 7 and lets see where these dudes at.

Advertisement
I hear what your saying but it’s a long season.

I remember Randy’s 3rd season coming off the high of beating Oklahoma and being 3-1 after playing 4 ranked teams to open the season..only to go 9-4 and **** away the chance to play in the ACC championship and getting beat by Wisky in the bowl game

We've improved too. Not sure why you all are in a panic. Everyone is going through week 1 and dealing with the preseason rankings which are awfully inflated for some, unfair for others. You think FSU and UF are going to run the table because of a little early season success? @me before week 7 and lets see where these dudes at.
I never said it’s a must win. Just that it got more important as a statement win with those two winning big games

Kids don’t always look at it how us fans do. We can look and say this isn’t the same LSU we’re used to seeing or Utah lost so much they shouldn’t have been ranked top 10. They see LSU as a big name SEC school. They don’t know that Devin Lloyd was the heart and soul of Utah they just know they were top ranked high so they assume they’re good. It’s all about perception and we well know that perception isn’t always reality. They handled business now it’s our turn.

A little strong for weekend 1 if the season. Would love a statement win at aTm, but FSU and UF will stumble hard at some point (as will we) and we will be fine.

Advertisement
I hear what your saying but it’s a long season.

I remember Randy’s 3rd season coming off the high of beating Oklahoma and being 3-1 after playing 4 ranked teams to open the season..only to go 9-4 and **** away the chance to play in the ACC championship and getting beat by Wisky in the bowl game
And that was a very mediocre Oklahoma team, but still better than this LSU team. It's a big win based on perception from them winning the Natty a couple years back. Not many people remember the past couple of years of them sucking.

if we want to make a statement like UF and FSU, we just have to let A&M get right up to our goal line and have them blow it at the last second?

Kids don’t always look at it how us fans do. We can look and say this isn’t the same LSU we’re used to seeing or Utah lost so much they shouldn’t have been ranked top 10. They see LSU as a big name SEC school. They don’t know that Devin Lloyd was the heart and soul of Utah they just know they were top ranked high so they assume they’re good. It’s all about perception and we well know that perception isn’t always reality. They handled business now it’s our turn.
That’s what I’m saying, but people are calling me delusional for it. The LSU name carries weight. They just won a Natty two years ago and people are acting like they haven’t been relevant for as long as we have

Advertisement
OP is wrong about a must win but this will be a narrative heading Into the game. A&M is a very winnable game but far from a must win. I’d say UNC is more of a must win the A&M.

Advertisement
That’s what I’m saying, but people are calling me delusional for it. The LSU name carries weight. They just won a Natty two years ago and people are acting like they haven’t been relevant for as long as we have
Nah I understand what you’re saying and I agree with you. It’s a long season but for now it’s a good look for them. Hope the win gets Norvell extended lol

Yes technically your right as the name still carries weight but they lost a boatload of players from that championship team. To the casual fan it looks like this is a major victory for F$U but the ones who follow college football more closely know this LSU team isn't what it was from a few years back. That goes for coaching and players both.

Advertisement
Back