Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

Advertisement
digging triple h GIF by WWE

LOL
Literally no way to spin yaself outta that one. Just take your L and say you fvcked up.

Advertisement
Where did I ever say it’s a must win? I said it’s a statement game, and our two rivals won their statement games. So the ball is in our court
You’ve been back tracking the last few pages, but you literally wrote we needed a “statement win” and a “game we need”. Now you’re trying to play the semantics game. No **** it’s a statement game for us.

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
Not all things are created equal

Don’t think that’s as much of a gotcha tbh. Those legit were the reasons ppl were excited about Utah… regardless if it’s flawed logic.

If won at home by 3. Don’t think it’s unreasonable to think if it was at Utah or neutral site they would have lost still.

Nah
Mans said they were “very very good”, then said they were overrated.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
What rivals would that be? Fsu not much of a statement & I'm assuming you're implying ufag for the other one. All I'd say to that is your rivals have to play you in order to be rivals... Ask Steve spurrier if we're rivals

Advertisement
Nah
Mans said they were “very very good”, then said they were overrated.
you can be very good and still overrated tho... Technically.

If you're a top 15 team you are actually pretty good in the grand scheme of things. But if you're actually ranked 7th by AP, you're overrated.

FSU beat LSU

LSU is awful until proven otherwise.

Utah is no better until proven otherwise.

FSU and Florida earned/gifted Ws over suss teams. Not impressed.

AtM has significantly more depth than our Canes this year.

They are supposed to beat our Canes by 14+.

1) LSU is really, really bad. Maybe even worse than last season. Awful

2) Florida looked much better than I thought, including Richardson. However, he can be reckless, and if he gets hurt, they’re genuinely fvcked.

3) Utah absolutely did not play their best game, faltered on the goal line twice and handed the game away in many ways. For whatever reason, they did not let Rising throw downfield much. When they opened it up more in the 4th, Florida couldn’t stop them. The offensive play-calling was definitely weird, Utah stubbornly kept trying to force the run game up the middle instead of playing to their strengths.

I do agree that the A&M game is important (although I don’t buy them as a top 10 team this season), but not really because of UF and FSU. Neither team will win more than 8 games.

Advertisement
you can be very good and still overrated tho... Technically.

If you're a top 15 team you are actually pretty good in the grand scheme of things. But if you're actually ranked 7th by AP, you're overrated.
Thank you. Utah was really good last year. They clearly are not this year based on what we saw last night. Both things can be true at the same time

go look at LSU’s schedule and tell me you see more than 4 wins on it.
Doesn’t matter… perception because LSU stickers are on the helmet and them being the only show on Sunday night the kids will see it as “turning the corner”

I’m never one to over analyze but you can’t play down this for a teams confidence in the current locker room and on the recruiting trail

Some in our fan base have a hard time accepting or understanding “perception.”

The OP is absolutely correct. While we’re celebrating smoking a FCS school, which we’ve done every single season under every single regime, UF beats the #7 team in the nation, & FSU goes to a hostile environment to beat a SEC foe twice removed as a Nat’l Champion, both at prime time hours.

Listen; beating A&M will go a long way, but u’re fooling urself if u don’t think these two bytch *** schools don’t have “some” eyebrows raised. Like I told the homie, FSU has a real opportunity to go
4-0 to start the yr. They play a wack UL team & follow that up w/ The Blake James inspired BC squad.

If UF beats UK this weekend, Lord help us. (That, too, is a prime time game) It’s not an overreaction, it’s b/c I know & understand perception & its effects on impressionable, young kids.

Advertisement
It’s like right when I think our fanbase starts to get it

They still don’t
Our fan base is still scared.

It’s ok guys, just admit that you’re intimidated by the fact UF and FSU won a big game. You don’t know how to view Miami’s success independent of their futility. Every “return to glory” fantasy you’ve had also featured those two schools sucking butt, and now that they might not be total garbo you’re scared. It’s ok.

Just don’t tell Zo. Because he ain’t scared.

The other two of the big 3 in Florida had wins in big TV.

Miami , which is rare. Has two cupcakes before a main course.

We do need to step up and make a showing. I personally think we will give the Aggies a handful at least. It's the flocking Aggies. I could care less they have Jumbo. Have they ever won ish?

Chips? Big bowl in eeh, 25 years.

We at a minimum cannot not fold like paper bags once again on national TV.

And, if this new staff is what we buyin. Then at least tenderize this mid tier Big 12 team. Oops, I meant SEC.

FSU beat LSU

FSU beat LSU

Playing at home or on neutral ground is not the same as playing a top-10 team in their backyard. This does not mean that we go to A&M and lay an egg. We are the Canes and built our reputation beating teams on their home tuff and taking sod as both trophy and souvenir.

Advertisement
Back