Bo or Cook

Which one is a better RB?

• Total voters
Let's be honest, if Scarborough was committed to FSU and Cook was sniffing around UM most of the people picking Bo would be picking Cook.

This. That's why this is a fan board. Honest assessments will always give way to emotional snap decisions especially when it comes to recruits who may or may not chose Miami.

Advertisement
Let's be honest, if Scarborough was committed to FSU and Cook was sniffing around UM most of the people picking Bo would be picking Cook.
I see this different...

If Cook wasn´t from South Florida, I doubt there would be so many voting for him.

And I´m not bashing Cook because he´s talened, but to see people praising Cooks RB instincts as if it was Yerby like to justify their vote, just show the South Florida bias at finnest.

Imo, it´s Bo...

I believe the highlights in this thread are Bo's sophomore year. Here's senior year.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/479359/highlights/94790307

Pro-style downhill running, I take Bo no question. Spread read option and draws, Cook every day. They're such different backs, it's hard to pick one over the other, but given our offense and the fact we already have Duke and Yearby, I'd lean toward Bo.

cook

you cant teach his speed and big play ability

id take bo over him because he fills a need for us, as the only big back we have right now is gus.

Advertisement
Bo will indeed be the better back. In fact he is what we need him in our backfield. Duke and Yearby are smaller wiggle backs, but we need someone that's going to power through some tackles, with the right blend of speed, to wear a defense down.

Yes, Crawford runs hard for a smaller guy, but he still isn't a natural RB; just an athlete. Gus has all the tools, but thinks he's a smaller back. Cook is a speed back, and really doesn't like to get hit, and will have some success, but will try to take everything around the edge in college;

Note: Actually think Florida is the best place for Cook, as they know how to use his type of talent, but that's my opinion.

Bo knows when to lower his shoulder, but also has good vision, with just the right amount of agility, to make a cut for the opening as well.

Yeah I said it, Bo Knows! Hope we land this guy; here's the short and sweet version of Bo's highlights in Tampa:

[video=youtube_share;HHz3omAUats]http://youtu.be/HHz3omAUats[/video]

Bo's combination size, speed and pad level is crazy! Cant remember seeing something like it before.

The kids is like Dalvin Cook in Greg Jones body!

I'm gonna regret watching his film, cause in the end, I don't think we get him. But, I do think he would be better off coming here than Bama...

Advertisement
Bo's combination size, speed and pad level is crazy! Cant remember seeing something like it before.

The kids is like Dalvin Cook in Greg Jones body!

Bold part is where (imo) some people are overlooking Bo...

He´s not just your normal power back, the guy is a 4.45 RB in HS...

2 different types of players, and neither imo is a true running back. Cook is better suited on the defensive side, and Bo would be a top 3 pick at WR.

Yet to answer your OP. Bo, because he is ready day 1 physically to take the pounding of an entire season. That dude grinds his *** off in the weight room, and a college season would not break him down late in his 1st season.

Bo will indeed be the better back. In fact he is what we need him in our backfield. Duke and Yearby are smaller wiggle backs, but we need someone that's going to power through some tackles, with the right blend of speed, to wear a defense down.

Yes, Crawford runs hard for a smaller guy, but he still isn't a natural RB; just an athlete. Gus has all the tools, but thinks he's a smaller back. Cook is a speed back, and really doesn't like to get hit, and will have some success, but will try to take everything around the edge in college;

Note: Actually think Florida is the best place for Cook, as they know how to use his type of talent, but that's my opinion.

Bo knows when to lower his shoulder, but also has good vision, with just the right amount of agility, to make a cut for the opening as well.

Yeah I said it, Bo Knows! Hope we land this guy; here's the short and sweet version of Bo's highlights in Tampa:

[video=youtube_share;HHz3omAUats]http://youtu.be/HHz3omAUats[/video]

Impressive. He has more wiggle than I thought. What's the level of comp that IMG faced?

IMO sooooo much depends on what these schools will ask there backs to do.
Most of this board resides in So.Fla so they'll naturally have the So.Fla talent over all others type of attitude. Nothings wrong with that as we all know that So. Fla is loaded every year.

Just looking at highlight tapes of the top 10 backs in the nation. I think Roc Thomas and Joseph Yearby have the best vision. The only question I have for those two at the next level is strength. They both have outstanding feet and shiftiness that isn't matched by any of the other backs in this class to me.

Fournette, Michel, Cook can do it all. They seem like prototypical do it all backs as far as vision, receiving, running through defenders.Those guys are exceptional to me. they run with authority and violence.

Royce Freeman is the most overrated of the backs to me.

Nick Chubb is the best back in this class when it comes to trucking people and breaking tackles. Him and Scarborough are really great at this.
Chubb and Scarborough are the best of the power backs to me....

Overall Scarborough and cook have different things they do well but I think in this argument we must consider the offenses that each player will be in. In the miami offense I think every top 10 back except Chubb and Fournette could have a lot of success in the Miami offense.

Advertisement
if BO was already enrolled at bama peoples opinons can be fair. with BO we are looking at a finished product.

Cook played better competion and racked up way more production. people dont even consider BO a RB but he is better then cook?

nobody will really know the answer to this for 3 more years but cook will get bigger and faster. im not biased i always thought cook is the best back in the nation

but go ahead say BO is better because we have a chance with him but dont get butt hurt if he doesnt come and next RB we look at will be "better then cook and BO"

I wonder what the results of this would have been before Cook picked FSU.

Me thinks it'd be mighty different. Especially if people still thought we had a shot at Cook.

Advertisement
if BO was already enrolled at bama peoples opinons can be fair. with BO we are looking at a finished product.

Cook played better competion and racked up way more production. people dont even consider BO a RB but he is better then cook?

nobody will really know the answer to this for 3 more years but cook will get bigger and faster. im not biased i always thought cook is the best back in the nation

but go ahead say BO is better because we have a chance with him but dont get butt hurt if he doesnt come and next RB we look at will be "better then cook and BO"

I mean this in the nicest way but I think you're crazy... Cook is 5'11" 195lbs and a one cut RB with ridiculous speed (a Lamar Miller clone)... Bo is 6'2" 225lbs and has better vision and cuts and more on the level of an Eddie George. He has speed (not as fast as Cook) but more than sufficient to break long runs and the size to move the pile if needed. Also not sure I understand the "people don't consider him a RB" comment. He is a 5* rated RB... I know he has fantastic hand runs greats routes but that's just another plus of his versatility.

Do I think we'll get him? Nope but we ain't getting Cook either so I'm not look at it from that perspective.

Some people think that because we have a "chance" to get Bo (0.01%) and zero chance in getting Cook then the majority are biased towards Bo. Great logic.

Advertisement
Back