Bleak Visions: Fool's Gold, We still suck 7-5/6-6

On October 21st 1995, In his sixth game as head coach, Butch Davis led his PRE-SANCTION AND PRESEAON 12th ranked Miami Hurricanes (2-3) to a rousing 17-16 win over Pitt, a team that season with a whopping 2-9 record.

But you knew he'd still be great though right? Just like you know anyone who's a "sunshine pumper" is a truly special person now.

Lmao.

Save your sanctimonious bull**** Cult of Butch zombie, you don't know a **** thing about what the future holds.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Advertisement
It's probably the homer in me, but I'm not ready to stamp Manny as a coRch, at least not anymore than most first time head coaches. I think he made some big mistakes in how and who he judged as Miami level hires (whatever that still means). He sees himself in people and assumes that his underdog/redemption story means it can happen for anybody. He needs to rally here and get himself a few more wins and get some capital and credibility so he can make some big changes. I think he will, it's a brutal business. That part I think he learned at Texas.
It’s hard to place all the blame on Manny when we don’t know who is making the personnel decisions. Same with play calling. Was Manny supposed to strip his DC of playcalling duties 4 games into his first tenure as HC? I think that would be unrealistic. Just like Manny likely feels he deserves some time to incorporate his system and culture, I imagine he is trying to let his coordinators do the same.

It’s 6 games into a 1st time HC’s tenure. There’s 6 more games to watch and see if adjustments are made and if improvement happens. It’s way too early to call him a corch.

I like his energy and passion, and that he is analytic driven. He seems to be in touch with the kids with the gimmicky **** like the TO chain. He needs to show it on the field.

It will be interesting to see if any assistants are let go after the season. I can’t see how Barry keeps his job. We will have a much better view of Manny the CEO after getting a look at his first true offseason.

After watching LSU stomp UF (YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!), I’m hoping Manny can become like Coach O. Coach O hired a Def Coordinator that’s well renowned and respected. He kept one of, if not thee best DB coach & recruiter. He has a SC that’s infamous and we’ll renowned. He then hired an upcoming OC from Sean Payton’s coaching tree. It took some time, but Corch O is now Coach O.

The point is, Manny is going to have to upgrade his staff. Keeping “yes-men” that won’t challenge him, that’s green, WILL be his down fall. Right now, we literally have no body on our staff that’s attractive to other programs. That’s a problem. From top to bottom, we need a new staff. The two guys we had that other teams were interested in, Kul & Simpson are gone.

No one is looking for Stroud, Barry, Enos (as an OC), Banda, Patke, Baker or Rumph to join their staff.

If Manny slowly surrounds himself w D1, P5 football minds, he will be OK. The ? is, will he? Or, will he continue to trend of nepotism that was set precedent by his former boss?
How many years did Coach O bang his head against the wall and try to line up with Alabama and smash mouth them? 3-4 years? CIS would have had him fired by now, but yes he's a genius. Manny hasn't fired his staff after 5 games so he sucks.

PS. I'm not thrilled with the start either but if you hire a guy he gets more than half a season.

That may be so from a coaching perspective but from the perspective of which of our remaining opponents has the most athletes and pure talent then that would be FSU hands down.

FSU has a coaching problem like we do and the sad reality is that our coaching problem is worse. Manny better be in full control of the defense in Tally because if he isn't, the noles are going to drop a 50 spot on Baker. Same thing on the other side of the ball. We're going to be bringing the worst OL in all college football into Doak and FSUs defense as inept as it has been from a schematic standpoint so far will use their athletes and speed to destroy our offense. Nkosi must start that game or Jarren may get sacked 15 times.

How is our coaching staff worse than FSU’s? They lost to UVA. It’s year two in Tally and Manny has more wins against ranked teams than they do. I mean they went to 2OT with Louisiana Monroe. 😂

Advertisement
Can’t argue with you, Vern, especially about Perry. Guy is not a read zone qb and yeah, he’s a better scrambled than Williams but unless he has a huge leap in QB on field maturity, he will struggle. Perry is a limited qb - one read kind of guy. I still think JWill is the man but unless Perry has a big leap in improvement, this is a 7-6 year. We will have a dog fight every game here on out except for FIU

It’s hard to place all the blame on Manny when we don’t know who is making the personnel decisions. Same with play calling. Was Manny supposed to strip his DC of playcalling duties 4 games into his first tenure as HC? I think that would be unrealistic. Just like Manny likely feels he deserves some time to incorporate his system and culture, I imagine he is trying to let his coordinators do the same.

It’s 6 games into a 1st time HC’s tenure. There’s 6 more games to watch and see if adjustments are made and if improvement happens. It’s way too early to call him a corch.

I like his energy and passion, and that he is analytic driven. He seems to be in touch with the kids with the gimmicky **** like the TO chain. He needs to show it on the field.

It will be interesting to see if any assistants are let go after the season. I can’t see how Barry keeps his job. We will have a much better view of Manny the CEO after getting a look at his first true offseason.

This is too level headed and balanced

Advertisement
pyrite.jpg

I know what you thinkin..Bleak Visions after a win? Fvck yea

I'm wondering if those chains and rings are real gold. First game I attended this season. Had to go back and rewatch the game We look like the same dam team despite a few differences.

-Cant lie Im Team Jarren but Kosi is better at making quick decisions, running the ball and escaping pressure
-We finally started #15 Rousseau. Dude probably won us the game on that 4th and 1 stop. and was a beast all night
-Pope over Harley Yea he had that bad drop but he creates separation somebody tell coach to sit Harley *** down

Reason we suck and this win doesnt mean ****

-2-10 on 3rd down conversions new QB same results this offense is horrible **** you Enos
-We had 98 yards of offense going into the 4th qtr at home on a friday night, unfvcking acceptable
- For all the Kosi Hive who said he doesnt dink and dunk he completed one pass that went over 10 yards in the air. One freakin pass. Yea one bad drop by Pope.
- Defense gave up 10 3rd down conversions thats ******* unacceptable
-We won the game because of ineptitude by Virginia, and our Dline dominating the game
- We didnt do **** PAssing until their best player and 1st round pick #34 Bryce Hall destroyed his leg on a punt return. We picked on his backup and started to move the ball. Yall mufuggas full of **** we were shut down the entire ******* night he went out and we started to move the ball

Our Oline sucks Enos sucks Baker sucks and Manny is in over his head. Took him 5 games to make adjustments at DL and Kicker. Dude has no balls. Play calling is horrible on both sides. I cant lie Nkosi is the best option at QB with this OL And Enos still doesnt run more read option plays to slow down the defense. Problem is Nkosi will not win you any big games because he is a limited QB, he is an 8-4 at best 9-3 type QB. Jarren is the more talented passer. Win Jarren won the job I remember coach saying he is the best QB and has the most upside. Sitting here watchin LSU and FLorida running out of shotgun going up and down the field with no pressure at all. SMH.
Nothing but facts Vern! Well said.

How is our coaching staff worse than FSU’s? They lost to UVA. It’s year two in Tally and Manny has more wins against ranked teams than they do. I mean they went to 2OT with Louisiana Monroe. 😂
How is it worse? I'm not typing all of that out so you are just going to have to take my word for it. I know Willie is a joke but this staff Manny threw together is a laugher.

How is it worse? I'm not typing all of that out so you are just going to have to take my word for it. I know Willie is a joke but this staff Manny threw together is a laugher.

Ah so you got nothing. There’s no way to justify saying our staff is worse than FSU when we have a mutual opponent that we beat and they lost to even though they’ve had better recruiting classes and our staff is newer

Advertisement
Recruiting is taking a serious hit. The coaches philosophy on who plays is dumb and sabotaged the season. Took losing three games for the staff to play their best players. Dumb. And as recruiting keeps taking a hit good luck with coaches that can’t do more with less winning any games.

Manny is a clown and this ship is captain-less and rudderless.
BuT bRo, A wIn Is A wIn. WhAt MoRe Do YoU wAnT

Man, I'll take the win and all but the only good thing about that game was bronco saying he figured out Miami's defense and then not scoring a touchdown. I'm not hanging any hat on that **** show.

This is gold, Jerry. Gold!

It did look like the same ol' garbage win over a garbage Corstal team with their garbage QB and hissingle digit IQ.

Dont know if the new guy will be gold, but benching Bubba was one of our few positives. This game was very similar to last years garbage game against UVA , only this time they choked and puked in the Red Zone the most.

Advertisement
pyrite.jpg

I'm wondering if those chains and rings are real gold. First game I attended this season. Had to go back and rewatch the game We look like the same dam team despite a few differences.

-Cant lie Im Team Jarren but Kosi is better at making quick decisions, running the ball and escaping pressure
-We finally started #15 Rousseau. Dude probably won us the game on that 4th and 1 stop. and was a beast all night
-Pope over Harley Yea he had that bad drop but he creates separation somebody tell coach to sit Harley *** down

-2-10 on 3rd down conversions new QB same results this offense is horrible **** you Enos
-We had 98 yards of offense going into the 4th qtr at home on a friday night, unfvcking acceptable
- For all the Kosi Hive who said he doesnt dink and dunk he completed one pass that went over 10 yards in the air. One freakin pass. Yea one bad drop by Pope.
-We won the game because of ineptitude by Virginia, and our Dline dominating the game
- We didnt do **** PAssing until their best player and 1st round pick #34 Bryce Hall destroyed his leg on a punt return. We picked on his backup and started to move the ball. Yall mufuggas full of **** we were shut down the entire ******* night he went out and we started to move the ball

Our Oline sucks Enos sucks Baker sucks and Manny is in over his head. Took him 5 games to make adjustments at DL and Kicker. Dude has no balls. Play calling is horrible on both sides. I cant lie Nkosi is the best option at QB with this OL And Enos still doesnt run more read option plays to slow down the defense. Problem is Nkosi will not win you any big games because he is a limited QB, he is an 8-4 at best 9-3 type QB. Jarren is the more talented passer. Win Jarren won the job I remember coach saying he is the best QB and has the most upside. Sitting here watchin LSU and FLorida running out of shotgun going up and down the field with no pressure at all. SMH.

7-6 in 2018; even with J-Johnson, Redwine, MJ, G-Willis and J-Jackson leading the defense.

100-73 dating back to 2005 Peach Bowl.

Fifth head coach in 14 seasons; one Coastal title, no ACC Championships in 15 years.

All anyone with an ounce of logic wanted this year was to see more effort and passion out of a team that was lifeless-as-f**k last year, as well as some semblance of decent quarterback play.

Diaz wasn't going to move mountains year one. Kids are showing some heart and passion. Friday night was a much-needed win this season. Good for them. Shouldn't have lost to North Carolina or Virginia Tech, but them's the breaks—as Miami is a currently a mid-level ACC team and since joining the conference has found ways to lose games like that. Hopefully that changes down the road.

8-4 would be a stellar finish (based on a 2-3 start). Hopefully they build on the win and take care of business next weekend.

pyrite.jpg

I don't care if you are an fsu fan or not, I hate to say it, but I tend to believe you on this one. I'm hopeful we are both wrong though.

I see two sure wins.
Best case scenario is 5-1 imo.

FIU - W
GT - W
LOU - ?
DUKE - ?
PITT - ?
FSU - ?

Advertisement
Back