Bleak Visions: Fool's Gold, We still suck 7-5/6-6

I swear, every year several fans point out how ****** FSU is yet they always give us the business. I don’t see this ****** Offense going to Tally and winning.

I said this elsewhere. I don't have any delusion that our offensive line is even half as capable as Clemson's. That said, they showed a lot of concepts that can be used to attack FSU and put us in a position to win the game very respectably, but, we won't. Rest assured, we will run an offense that plays entirely into their hands and makes it a much tougher game than it needs to be.

Advertisement
I said this elsewhere. I don't have any delusion that our offensive line is even half as capable as Clemson's. That said, they showed a lot of concepts that can be used to attack FSU and put us in a position to win the game very respectably, but, we won't. Rest assured, we will run an offense that plays entirely into their hands it makes this a much tougher game than it needs to be.

Much like the Florida game, if we don’t spread them out (which we won’t) then we’ll lose. Enos continues to show how stubborn he is. Furthermore, Diaz continues to allow this **** to occur. Sickening.

Yea we go into this game 2-3, having played like shiit even against some shiit. We beat a good UVA team coached by a guy that more than half CIS would hire in a heartbeat cause he's the bomb. We beat that team decisively and all we get from these geniuses is that we still suck... I'm sure glad that the players don't get their motivation from this ******* place.
BTW... Thank you Vegas for your support!

You must be smoking **** if you think that Wins was decisively

Advertisement
Enos needs to go. He’s scheme don’t fit Miami. What I’m more worried about is recruiting, it took us half the season with two bye weeks to put the best talent on the field. How can we expect our recruiting evaluations to be any better? Future looks bleak with staff as is.
It seems based on CIS no scheme fits Miami 🤣🤣

The problem is your comparing us with UF and LSU while the toughest team remaining on our schedule is Duke
That may be so from a coaching perspective but from the perspective of which of our remaining opponents has the most athletes and pure talent then that would be FSU hands down.

FSU has a coaching problem like we do and the sad reality is that our coaching problem is worse. Manny better be in full control of the defense in Tally because if he isn't, the noles are going to drop a 50 spot on Baker. Same thing on the other side of the ball. We're going to be bringing the worst OL in all college football into Doak and FSUs defense as inept as it has been from a schematic standpoint so far will use their athletes and speed to destroy our offense. Nkosi must start that game or Jarren may get sacked 15 times.

Advertisement
It seems based on CIS no scheme fits Miami 🤣🤣
He's absolutely right. Enos runs a scheme that just doesn't fit at Miami. It doesn't fit now and it would be criminally impractical to believe that his offense will fit at some unspecified future date. As a program we will not be able to consistently field good to great OLs and that is what Enos's offense is predicated on.

What we will be able to field are offenses deep with skilled talent at WR, RB and TE. It's only logical that Miami would run it's own version of the spread offense from the shotgun and preferably uptempo. With the type of athletes we have here in South Florida we should be running a high flying, heart stopping juggernaut of an offense. An offense that is based on getting speedy playmakers the ball in space. The type of offense that attacks the defense at multiple levels vertically and horizontally. It's not rocket science. This isn't complicated. Coached who have been programmed their entire career with outdated cliches are the ones who make it complicated.

He's absolutely right. Enos runs a scheme that just doesn't fit at Miami. It doesn't fit now and it would be criminally impractical to believe that his offense will fit at some unspecified future date. As a program we will not be able to consistently field good to great OLs. What we will be able to field are offenses deep with skilled talent at WR, RB and TE. It's only logical that Miami would run it's own version of the spread offense from the shotgun and preferably uptempo. With the type of athletes we have here in South Florida we should be running a high flying, heart stopping juggernaut of an offense. An offense that is based on getting speedy playmakers the ball in space. The type of offense that attacks the defense at multiple levels vertically and horizontally. It's not rocket science. This isn't complicated. Coached who have been programmed their entire career with outdated cliches are the ones who make it complicated.
Yeaa that spread is really helping FSU block someone up from..P5 week in and out, if want to play at the elite level we all want u must consistently be able to control the LOS..no scheme will hide that from week too week..that’s fact..this south Florida athlete narrative is played out..there are no more hidden gems down here who can come in and dominate at the p5 level..so if we want to get back To a elite level in today’s CFB we need to take a page out of OU, UGA, BAMA, LSU and that’s investing upfront. That means recruiting and development..stop the cycle of having to rely on 1st year and 2nd players unless they are absolute studs

Yeaa that spread is really helping FSU block someone up from..P5 week in and out, if want to play at the elite level we all want u must consistently be able to control the LOS..no scheme will hide that from week too week..that’s fact..this south Florida athlete narrative is played out..there are no more hidden gems down here who can come in and dominate at the p5 level..so if we want to get back To a elite level in today’s CFB we need to take a page out of OU, UGA, BAMA, LSU and that’s investing upfront. That means recruiting and development..stop the cycle of having to rely on 1st year and 2nd players unless they are absolute studs
Your entire post seems like a response to a straw man that you created. Obviously our Offensive Line Is the worst there is and secondly the concept that line play and controlling the line of scrimmage is crucial is true but does not speak to my point. Also your use of FSU as an example to support your opinion that the spread is not what we should be running is puzzling to me. What exactly is the point? That if we go to a spread offense that we will suck like FSU? Everybody is quite aware that scheme is not a magical panacea that will automatically cure what ails you. What it is however is a tool used to best utilize the talent on hand and potentially an identity. Something we sorely lack. Every football team must identify the type of talent they have and the type of talent that they are most likely to be able to acquire based on their recruiting dynamics, location etc... Once a team know exactly what type of talent they have the staff will then run the type of scheme best suited to maximizing that talent and simultaneously mitigating their weaknesses.

In our case we have many potential playmakers at the skill positions RB, WR and TE. We also have a couple of good quarterbacks. Our OL however is a disaster this year so it would be next to impossible to run anything successfully with any consistency whatsoever. Now look at our history and look at the type of players we seem to get consistently. We get skill position players consistently but we have trouble getting good offensive linemen on a consistent basis.

Taking all of this into account it is clear to me that running an uptempo spread offense from the shotgun would be the best way to maximize the talent we have and would be the best offense to run based on our recruiting base not to mention the fact that it fits our identity.

Now taking this into account and to address your point, we are always going to try to recruit offensive linemen and be solid in the trenches but based on everything I have stated above, we are not going to attempt to make it the focal point of our offense. Sure there will be years where the OL is good to very good and when that happens you adjust accordingly but again an uptempo spread offense should be UMs identity on offense. One more thing about FSU and the example you were trying to make. I think Kendall Brilles is a very good OC and his struggles in Tallahassee are due to a couple of things. For starters, their offensive line is garbage(but it's better than ours) and as you so astutely pointed out, it's tough to run much of anything with consistent success if you are not controlling the LOS. Secondly FSU has a huge coaching problem as Willie is a clown.

As far as recruiting and development and stopping the cycle of having to depend on 1st and 2nd year players, I am in complete agreement.

It's probably the homer in me, but I'm not ready to stamp Manny as a coRch, at least not anymore than most first time head coaches. I think he made some big mistakes in how and who he judged as Miami level hires (whatever that still means). He sees himself in people and assumes that his underdog/redemption story means it can happen for anybody. He needs to rally here and get himself a few more wins and get some capital and credibility so he can make some big changes. I think he will, it's a brutal business. That part I think he learned at Texas.

After watching LSU stomp UF (YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!), I’m hoping Manny can become like Coach O. Coach O hired a Def Coordinator that’s well renowned and respected. He kept one of, if not thee best DB coach & recruiter. He has a SC that’s infamous and well renowned. He then hired an upcoming OC from Sean Payton’s coaching tree. It took some time, but Corch O is now Coach O.

The point is, Manny is going to have to upgrade his staff. Keeping “yes-men” that won’t challenge him, that’s green, WILL be his down fall. Right now, we literally have no body on our staff that’s attractive to other programs. That’s a problem. From top to bottom, we need a new staff. The two guys we had that other teams were interested in, Kul & Simpson are gone.

No one is looking for Stroud, Barry, Enos (as an OC), Banda, Patke, Baker or Rumph to join their staff.

If Manny slowly surrounds himself w D1, P5 football minds, he will be OK. The ? is, will he? Or, will he continue to trend of nepotism that was set precedent by his former boss?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your entire post seems like a response to a straw man that you created. Obviously our Offensive Line Is the worst there is and secondly the concept that line play and controlling the line of scrimmage is crucial is true but does not speak to my point. Also your use of FSU as an example to support your opinion that the spread is not what we should be running is puzzling to me. What exactly is the point? That if we go to a spread offense that we will suck like FSU? Everybody is quite aware that scheme is not a magical panacea that will automatically cure what ails you. What it is however is a tool used to best utilize the talent on hand and potentially an identity. Something we sorely lack. Every football team must identify the type of talent they have and the type of talent that they are most likely to be able to acquire based on their recruiting dynamics, location etc... Once a team know exactly what type of talent they have the staff will then run the type of scheme best suited to maximizing that talent and simultaneously mitigating their weaknesses.

In our case we have many potential playmakers at the skill positions RB, WR and TE. We also have a couple of good quarterbacks. Our OL however is a disaster this year so it would be next to impossible to run anything successfully with any consistency whatsoever. Now look at our history and look at the type of players we seem to get consistently. We get skill position players consistently but we have trouble getting good offensive linemen on a consistent basis.

Taking all of this into account it is clear to me that running an uptempo spread offense from the shotgun would be the best way to maximize the talent we have and would be the best offense to run based on our recruiting base not to mention the fact that it fits our identity.

Now taking this into account and to address your point, we are always going to try to recruit offensive linemen and be solid in the trenches but based on everything I have stated above, we are not going to attempt to make it the focal point of our offense. Sure there will be years where the OL is good to very good and when that happens you adjust accordingly but again an uptempo spread offense should be UMs identity on offense. One more thing about FSU and the example you were trying to make. I think Kendall Brilles is a very good OC and his struggles in Tallahassee are due to a couple of things. For starters, their offensive line is garbage(but it's better than ours) and as you so astutely pointed out, it's tough to run much of anything with consistent success if you are not controlling the LOS. Secondly FSU has a huge coaching problem as Willie is a clown.

As far as recruiting and development and stopping the cycle of having to depend on 1st and 2nd year players, I am in complete agreement.
my point is this..football at its purest form is the NFL..prime example, the Browns. They have all pro level talent at each skill position on offense..now, what did the do to get it? Trade their best Olineman. Where do they struggle? U guessed it, up front. So with the elite talent they have, it’s negated by the oline play.

for us, it’s same thing. Our oline kills drives befor they get a chance to start. No offensive scheme can help that. Now the oline was good, even decent and the offense was still struggling then you can pout to scheme. But we know where our issues lie,, and it starts up front. Everybody looking at LSU but their biggest difference between this year and last year is the development of their oline.

Spot on post.
This staff needs to go immediately.
Haha I love this. Pope’s scholarship should be pulled cause he dropped a ball. Same with Hightower. Can’t pull Osborn’s for a drop pass as well cause he’s graduating. Pull Bandy’s for slipping and doing whatever the **** he was doing on that big pass right before half. Pull Zions for being a freshman and sucking cause freshman’s don’t get get better. Everyone must go.

OP is a Troll

FSU fan

Pathetic

OP... Somethings wrong with you

You must have a terrible life. I’m actually starting to feel sorry for you. People like you bring hate and sadness into their children lives and make the world a worse place for the next generation. We know you have a son and work with children. You work for Dade County schools... 😔 Your way of doing things will create a home filled with kids like yourself. Your way will ruin all of your relationships and your own home eventually. You came here to troll when your noles we’re kicking ***. I can remember you posting who we would lose in recruiting to Jimbo and we did. There’s a bigger problem here buddy. Now you post in season two of willie after Clemson’s beatdown. Get some help man. You’re obviously not well. Don’t let your problems own you. There’s something terribly wrong with you. I’ll pray for your children and family. Without talking to a professional and working through your issues, you’ll never get better. Get real help. Seriously, go see someone.

If you’ve been here for a while, please report this guy and ask for him to be banned permanently. He’s been banned before. This act is tired. Someone moderate please

Last edited:
Advertisement
After watching LSU stomp UF (YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!), I’m hoping Manny can become like Coach O. Coach O hired a Def Coordinator that’s well renowned and respected. He kept one of, if not thee best DB coach & recruiter. He has a SC that’s infamous and we’ll renowned. He then hired an upcoming OC from Sean Payton’s coaching tree. It took some time, but Corch O is now Coach O.

The point is, Manny is going to have to upgrade his staff. Keeping “yes-men” that won’t challenge him, that’s green, WILL be his down fall. Right now, we literally have no body on our staff that’s attractive to other programs. That’s a problem. From top to bottom, we need a new staff. The two guys we had that other teams were interested in, Kul & Simpson are gone.

No one is looking for Stroud, Barry, Enos (as an OC), Banda, Patke, Baker or Rumph to join their staff.

If Manny slowly surrounds himself w D1, P5 football minds, he will be OK. The ? is, will he? Or, will he continue to trend of nepotism that was set precedent by his former boss?
I agree with your overall point but the Enos part is factually incorrect. Enos was part of the Alabama staff & Saban was going to rely heavily on Enos to run the offense.

I think the biggest single issue is that Enos doesn't have the horses on the OL to run the type of offense he would have run at Alabama. HE HAS TO ADJUST OR HE WILL FAIL.

There is serious talent on offense. Virtually all teams in CFB would love to have Brevin & Mallory. JT4 has shown in the past that he can be electric. Pope has real potential (just needs to be more consistent). Osborn is dependable & moves the chains. Wiggins has elite speed & can be mixed in. Hightower could really develop for us. Deejay makes plays. This offense should be attacking the **** out of opponents & letting guys with great speed run in open space. I think it has been too conservative, too condensed within a 15-20 yard area from the LOS (which actually makes things harder -- if that's all you do -- as opponents will start sitting on those routes) and too much predicated on having a solid OL (which we don't).

I think Enos & Manny are so worried about limiting mistakes on offense that it's limiting our ability to be explosive & score points. We saw what Kosi & the offense was capable of against Va Tech. With the right playcalling, he could be throwing for over 300 yards on a fairly consistent basis. N'Kosi isn't perfect but he certainly appears to have matured significantly. He also seems determined to limit head scratching type mistakes. Let's spread out opponents, get our athletes in space, throw vertically more often, be more attacking & dynamic on offense and score more points. Outside of the forced comeback against Va Tech, what we've been doing has been so conservative that it has just stifled the offense. Miami was always at its best when we innovated & revolutionized CFB (moving safeties to LB etc/getting serious speed at every position on the field, Dennis Erickson's offense). The blueprint for major success has all been laid out in the past. Coaches like Baker & Enos don't have to invent anything new, they can look to the past for offenses that are far more dynamic than what we're running now....and those offenses didn't always have great OLs.

my point is this..football at its purest form is the NFL..prime example, the Browns. They have all pro level talent at each skill position on offense..now, what did the do to get it? Trade their best Olineman. Where do they struggle? U guessed it, up front. So with the elite talent they have, it’s negated by the oline play.

for us, it’s same thing. Our oline kills drives befor they get a chance to start. No offensive scheme can help that. Now the oline was good, even decent and the offense was still struggling then you can pout to scheme. But we know where our issues lie,, and it starts up front. Everybody looking at LSU but their biggest difference between this year and last year is the development of their oline.
I agree with what you are saying but you are just not understanding my point. We are talking about 2 completely different things. I'm not talking about magically fixing the offense this year by running whatever scheme. You can't run anything without an offensive line and I've repeated that ad nauseam. We weren't talking about Enos scheme being wrong because we think we can be some amazing offense with a different scheme this year. We are talking about his offense being wrong for the program in general. The fact that we need to have a decent to good offensive line is just understood. Enos scheme will never be right for us because of the nature of the talent that we have natural access to. UM should generally speaking always have an offensive identity that is predicated on quickly getting the ball to playmakers in space. A wide open uptempo high flying exciting offense that makes the best use of the talent available to us here.

Now there was also a sub point where I stated that part of the reason we should run the type of offense that I described is that we are never going to be in position to have the type of quality offensive lines that Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma get. With that in mind we can safely deduce that UMs offensive identity should never be rooted in or predicated on having elite offensive lines. We are not going to build an offense based on a power run game because it wouldn't be practical. That isn't to say that the OL is not important because it is or that we don't need a good line to run the spread because we do. It's just that what we run here at UM should always be predicated on the fact that the OL will almost never be our strength. Now do you understand?

6 Miami Championship teams using athlete's from all over but mostly South Florida in general. I wonder how many of those teams had a spread offense with a crap o-line.

Fan base is catching up to these visions Bleak. Not the same effect when the majority already know we suck.

Advertisement
Back