Blake James named new AD

I don't care that he loves UM, that is not a qualification IMO to be given the "DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS" position. I love money, let me be in charge of a hedge fund.

This guy just needs to do three things

1. Put the program (Football, Basketball and Baseball etc.) in the best program to win. What does that mean? Give the coaches what they need to run their programs.

2. Bring in cash, bring in cash and bring in cash. Raise funds and fund raise. That is it, every day he should be doing this and bringing in money.

3. Our own football stadium. Nobody is saying that we need one in 2013 but how about a 5 year goal? How about a plan?

Unless he does all 3, I don't care how much he loves UM.

Smart stuff.

Advertisement
Miami will never have an on campus or very near campus stadium. The tropical park thing will never happen either. Just stop.

Please provide us who are unsure of this hire a list of the "practical solutions to issues that weren't addressed by his predecessors" that James has accomplished. In its present state, that quoted section sounds like a Monty Burns award for "Outstanding Achievements in the Field of Excellence". Put some bones on that please, fellas.

Lol- chise that was my way of trying to acknowledge how he helped with the parking issue, seating issues, etc. that Cash and a few others talked about, without having to type all the words on my damned phone, its a pain in the **** to type, so I did what I could. But I like the Monty Burns idea better, so I'll go with that.
In all seriousness, solving parking and seating should have been done years ago, and it is great that he finally took on the problems and improved the fan experience. That, and the fact that he's not reclusive, are things I think we have the right to expect from an AD.

Advertisement
This.

I don't care that he loves UM, that is not a qualification IMO to be given the "DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS" position. I love money, let me be in charge of a hedge fund.

This guy just needs to do three things

1. Put the program (Football, Basketball and Baseball etc.) in the best program to win. What does that mean? Give the coaches what they need to run their programs.

2. Bring in cash, bring in cash and bring in cash. Raise funds and fund raise. That is it, every day he should be doing this and bringing in money.

3. Our own football stadium. Nobody is saying that we need one in 2013 but how about a 5 year goal? How about a plan?

Unless he does all 3, I don't care how much he loves UM.

Please provide us who are unsure of this hire a list of the "practical solutions to issues that weren't addressed by his predecessors" that James has accomplished. In its present state, that quoted section sounds like a Monty Burns award for "Outstanding Achievements in the Field of Excellence". Put some bones on that please, fellas.

Lol- chise that was my way of trying to acknowledge how he helped with the parking issue, seating issues, etc. that Cash and a few others talked about, without having to type all the words on my damned phone, its a pain in the **** to type, so I did what I could. But I like the Monty Burns idea better, so I'll go with that.
In all seriousness, solving parking and seating should have been done years ago, and it is great that he finally took on the problems and improved the fan experience. That, and the fact that he's not reclusive, are things I think we have the right to expect from an AD.

Thanks, man. Those are all nice things that he did. And I like that he's not a recluse and that he loves UM. But when we start congratulating an AD for not hiding in a closet, then that tells you how bad things were more than anything else.

The real hardcore stuff is what's most important to me. He absolutely has to be a monster fund-raiser. And he needs to have a plan to get us a stadium. Those are really the two concrete big-time things that he needs to do. I'm not sure that there's anything out there that supports he's capable of either. Likewise, there's nothing showing he's not capable of either. So, it's a bit of a toss-up to me at this point.

Advertisement
^ lol, the BJ hate is so real on here now, it's hilarious to see people talking about him like this.

Advertisement
It definitely helps to have an AD who is willing to work with and listen to a guy like Golden.

Jhall's reaction to this bump

eec256ee3f8b1e13774372233cc0beace99.gif

Last edited:
It definitely helps to have an AD who is willing to work with and listen to a guy like Golden.

Jhall's reaction to this bump

View attachment 30887

Good ******* god what was I doing to myself. I thought I did a pretty good job of not showing my enormous optimism for Golden when he was hired but it splurged out every now and then.

And I didn't think I could hate him more than I do now....

Advertisement
It even more seems evident now than when he was hired: Blake James is a worthless, mindless puppet who was put in place to merely make sure that things didn't get worse to overshadow Shalala's tenure and her exit as President. How that was possible in 2013 for things to not only get worse, but make our athletic department a complete afterthought in collegiate athletics demonstrates the incompetence of the Department of Athletics and Blake James in particular. How many people had to sign off on the "go to fewer games" promotion and how many were subsequently fired? How close are we to accomplish our own stadium? How close are we to building our own indoor practice facility and football designated dorms? How close are we to being close to even competing for a national title in football? Everything under his tenure has gotten worse.

It even more seems evident now than when he was hired: Blake James is a worthless, mindless puppet who was put in place to merely make sure that things didn't get worse to overshadow Shalala's tenure and her exit as President. How that was possible in 2013 for things to not only get worse, but make our athletic department a complete afterthought in collegiate athletics demonstrates the incompetence of the Department of Athletics and Blake James in particular. How many people had to sign off on the "go to fewer games" promotion and how many were subsequently fired? How close are we to accomplish our own stadium? How close are we to building our own indoor practice facility and football designated dorms? How close are we to being close to even competing for a national title in football? Everything under his tenure has gotten worse.

But guysm we have a training table and #WEFENSE hashtags.

Advertisement
Back