Blake James interview 12/6

I was surprised that he flat out said that changes must be made. He said some changes will be obvious and public while others will be more behind the scenes.

My recollection of the interview is different. I though he was hedging much more than that. My recollection is Blake Shame was talking about the types of changes that can be made, could be obvious/public while others are made behind the scenes. I don't recall him saying that any of those obvious/public changes (i.e., coaching changes) will be made.

My takeaway, right or wrong, was he's already in early spin mode so that when no new coaches are brought in and people complain about the lack of changes, he'll try to say there are changes being made behind the scenes, in private. TIFWIW.

Advertisement
My recollection of the interview is different. I though he was hedging much more than that. My recollection is Blake Shame was talking about the types of changes that can be made, could be obvious/public while others are made behind the scenes. I don't recall him saying that any of those obvious/public changes (i.e., coaching changes) will be made.

My takeaway, right or wrong, was he's already in early spin mode so that when no new coaches are brought in and people complain about the lack of changes, he'll try to say there are changes being made behind the scenes, in private. TIFWIW.
Why does Blake James hate winning so much?

That's somewhat positive but waiting that long to meet with him is so dumb. Changes need to be made now, why wait until all the good coaches are taken? Unbelievably stupid. Thanks for the update though.
]

Because we have a bowl game to play in. Teams making changes now are ones that don’t have a bowl game to prepare for.

There's a **** joke in there somewhere
dog crap.gif

Then you’re only hearing what you want to hear. I just listened to the interview and he explicitly says “everyone recognizes that changes need to be made.”

Advertisement
This is good, we’ll wait until all the other schools made their changes and go with the plan D candidates, just like in recruiting.

you don't think there already have been "feelers" to potential candidates to gauge interest or do you assume they are literally not talking to anyone until after the bowl game? Willingham might have been one of those contacts. But it would be wrong to assume they are not doing anything because they are not making any announcements yet.

you don't think there already have been "feelers" to potential candidates to gauge interest or do you assume they are literally not talking to anyone until after the bowl game? Willingham might have been one of those contacts. But it would be wrong to assume they are not doing anything because they are not making any announcements yet.

I honestly don’t think they have since James said him and Richt were going to talk during the dead period. And no way in **** Richt will make changes on his own. I suppose maybe James could have some feelers out there that he did himself.

Advertisement
LOL at Miami putting out feelers. They hire a search firm that twice gave them corches that were already on staff.

Then you’re only hearing what you want to hear. I just listened to the interview and he explicitly says “everyone recognizes that changes need to be made.”

Pay closer attention to my post and the preceding one, because it seems you either missed something or you are the one "reading what you want to read." I never said Blake Shame said no changes need to be made. We're ******* 7-5. Of course changes need to be made. No AD for a P5 football team with expectations like ours could ever stand up on a Canes' radio show after going 7-5 and losing the Coastal and say "no changes need to be made." To me, that's the AD equivalent of meaningless "coach speak."

What matters is the type of changes being made. And that is where I disagreed with the poster. The prior poster said, "[Blake] said some changes will be obvious and public while others will be more behind the scenes." My memory is not perfect, but I don't recall Blake Shame being that committed to the types of changes being made. I recall him generally noting there are different "types" of changes (public v. private), and that some (uncategorized) changes will be made at some unspoken time. Now, I could have still misheard/misremembered (hence my qualified statements about "my recollection"), but I was only responding to the notion that Blake Shame definitively said there would be public changes made to the program (whatever that even means).

Advertisement
I think so too.. situation like this is all about timing. It’s most likely a hey we’re interested and we’ll get back to you deal. In between that time maybe said so OC’s took another job.

I honestly don’t think they have since James said him and Richt were going to talk during the dead period. And no way in **** Richt will make changes on his own. I suppose maybe James could have some feelers out there that he did himself.

Blake proactive?!?!

:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement
your solution is that we attempt to pry a south carolina native that is a god in columbia from usc? can i have some of what you're having?

Good point, but he is not a coach at USCe. If he wants a coaching career he may need to leave for an opportunity.

I'll believe it when I see it, but him saying some changes need to be made (which he didn't have to say at all) + the trustee interview + what Stefan has hinted at, gives me some hope. I think AT THE LEAST, we will see a new OL coach like 90% chance. I think there is like 60% chance of Qb coach and a 30% chance of new OC.

Advertisement
Back