Blake James interview 12/6

Advertisement
What's the point? This is like interviewing an ambassador...no matter what's going on he'll only have positive things to say. Also, he's half of the problem, what do you expect from him? He's just gonna admit that he's botched the whole thing?
Does he have the power to make his own decisions about coaching and hiring and firings? Or does he have to take direction or get clearance from admin or bot?

Well, he's not getting rid of his kid, so these changes will have to be made elsewhere. OL is a given, you have no recruits at risk, in fact a quality OL hire probably helps.

Advertisement
Why a new RB coach brought in two good backs last year... A shot at Richards... And Homer will rush for a thousand yards behind the worst O Line in the country

Briles to UT and fSU is getting bogged down bc he wants to take Houston run game coordinator and OL coach with him.
Brown is easily replaceable and you don’t pay a RB coach a OC salary

Does he have the power to make his own decisions about coaching and hiring and firings? Or does he have to take direction or get clearance from admin or bot?

No idea how that works, but it doesn't matter. Either way, part of his job is to be a cheerleader for the program and as such he's unlikely to level any criticism. If you know a guy won't say anything negative under any circumstances, it undermines the positive stuff he says.

People are here because they want information, and the paid cheerleader is unlikely to provide any. He's got a job to protect.

No idea how that works, but it doesn't matter. Either way, part of his job is to be a cheerleader for the program and as such he's unlikely to level any criticism. If you know a guy won't say anything negative under any circumstances, it undermines the positive stuff he says.

People are here because they want information, and the paid cheerleader is unlikely to provide any. He's got a job to protect.
Yes he’s a propagandist. Just like DBJ. Worthless to listen to.

Advertisement
Flake is a joke

If we have the resources for the best candidates..then why the fuq did we not offer kingsbury? Why arent we offering Briles? Why didnt we offer yost?

The best ******* candidate that will be available when this joke of an administration decides they want to do something is gonna be mike bobo..hey maybe we can convince paul johnson to unretire

Flake is a joke

If we have the resources for the best candidates..then why the fuq did we not offer kingsbury? Why arent we offering Briles? Why didnt we offer yost?

The best ******* candidate that will be available when this joke of an administration decides they want to do something is gonna be mike bobo..hey maybe we can convince paul johnson to unretire

Because nobody inside the building seems to think we need those guys. They think they can tweak what they have and win.

Flake is a joke

Bingo.

Advertisement
What has me worried is when he said not so obvious changes. I'm afraid the not so obvious changes might be a meaningless change. I'm trying to figure out why not hire the staff now so you can sell to recruits. I also get why you wouldn't change the staff too but that has me worried as well. He could be selling to recruits that staff changes will be made but he's just going to plug in a yes man just like the previous one. What f@cking gives?

Advertisement
Briles and Kliff and Freeze aren't the only OCs w a playbook wprth our time. Canada is easily on their level for example.

Point is, there are plenty of worthy OC
candidates still available (assuming we're looking, which we aren't, so it doesn't matter anyway) .

Those are not 1 million plus coordinators. Some don't call plays. I'll Possibly give you Canada
I’m not concerned about who’s a million plus dollar coordinator. The goal is to get a good OC who also develops QB. Don’t care if that’s a 100k OC.

Advertisement
Back