Blake James interview 12/6

Advertisement
Briles to UT and fSU is getting bogged down bc he wants to take Houston run game coordinator and OL coach with him.
Brown is easily replaceable and you don’t pay a RB coach a OC salary
He is a great recruiter and other schools do it

I’m not concerned about who’s a million plus dollar coordinator. The goal is to get a good OC who also develops QB. Don’t care if that’s a 100k OC.
Of course but that's an uncertainty. The goal, especially with the resources, should be to get the very best proven OC/QB coach

Lol so Miami has money but has no idea what to do with it. Blind leading the blind

Advertisement
Bc we are relieving him of his OC title.. and he's vastly overrated.

/Uncle Luke as RB coach

Agreed, I want my RB coach to be a strong recruiter. As far as I can see, he only recruits RBs and he's missed his top target 2 out of 3 years in Whoopie and Crowley. Overrated coach and recruiter who went to media bashing the players when things went south this year.

It actually isn’t as bad as I would have imagined. He admitted to changes being needed both on a micro/macro scale basically.

And as far as Briles and Kingsbury , I’m not overly attached to them. Are they great ? Sure but they’re not the only ones who know how to run an offense out there.

Advertisement
What has me worried is when he said not so obvious changes. I'm afraid the not so obvious changes might be a meaningless change. I'm trying to figure out why not hire the staff now so you can sell to recruits. I also get why you wouldn't change the staff too but that has me worried as well. He could be selling to recruits that staff changes will be made but he's just going to plug in a yes man just like the previous one. What f@cking gives?
The recruits are likely being told there will be no staff changes, which is why they can’t get away fast enough.

Well, WTF are we waiting for?! The best candidates are being poached now!!
can you even imagine a ticket-seller like BJ getting tough with Mork... LOL

BJ -- "Changes have to be made, Coach"
Mork -- "OK, i will wear an orange shirt instead of the black one for a few games next year"
BJ -- "Thats a great idea. Thank you for doing such a great job. We will talk about your new extension in a couple weeks"

Briles and Kliff and Freeze aren't the only OCs w a playbook wprth our time. Canada is easily on their level for example.

Point is, there are plenty of worthy OC
candidates still available (assuming we're looking, which we aren't, so it doesn't matter anyway) .

Canada is NOT on their level. Dude has been fired multiple times as an OC.

Advertisement
The recruits are likely being told there will be no staff changes, which is why they can’t get away fast enough.

I thought this might be the case. I mentioned in a different thread that hiring Bedenbaugh means Rick can avoid making big boy decisions and having to fire friends and family. Bedenbaugh will need a flying monkey, so Searles can stay. Rick Jr learns a viable offense and might actually be employable one day (as it stands, there isnt another program in the country that would hire him). Even Brown can keep his honorary title as OC since he doesn't do anything anyways, so nothing would be different there.

'
So he can teach our RBs different ways to get leg injuries?

QP spotted leaving his room after above post

1544207648958.gif

Advertisement
Since no one wants to listen to it I’ll give yall a brief summary...

Blake said he knows changes must be made. He will meet with Richt in dead period and talk about the changes that need to be made. Also they have the resources to hire the best candidates.
That's somewhat positive but waiting that long to meet with him is so dumb. Changes need to be made now, why wait until all the good coaches are taken? Unbelievably stupid. Thanks for the update though.

Advertisement
Back