Blake James interview 12/6

Where'd you get James was going to make cmr make changes.James said cmr is very competitive and cmr will make changes necessarily.so basically cmr is the boss making changes not James.therefore no changes .I seriously need a super drug to knock me a 100 yrs in the future so I miss this stuff.probably like a soap quit watching one for 15 yrs saw an episode last week still same story just everybody changed mates.

Advertisement
He’s been fired a couple times, but neither was performance-related. He’s had some beef with HCs, which I’m sure would disqualify him here, as Sleepy wants nothing but yes men on his staff after the Pruitt debacle.

LSU's offense was ranked outside the top 50 in almost every major category. Definitely scoring and total offense.
Pitt's offense (2016 with Canada) was top 50 in yards (38) but 83rd in scoring.
At NCST from 2013-2015 his offense was 42, 58th, and 83rd in scoring. Improved every year but 42nd as his best offense is average. In total offense (yards) his rankings were 57, 60 71. Again, improved every year but only once was in the top half of the league...barely.

Yes, he wasn't terrible, but that isn't something I'd seek after

Advertisement
Yes he does especially when boosters kids are playing them.you forget title is.a law requires every university to spend same amount on women's sports.
Ensuring they got 'some' money has nothing to do with "caring" specifically for that entity. AD's from theses schools know which teams (football) bring in the bacon. Don't make a fool of yourself retorting, it's logic.

LSU's offense was ranked outside the top 50 in almost every major category. Definitely scoring and total offense.
Pitt's offense (2016 with Canada) was top 50 in yards (38) but 83rd in scoring.
At NCST from 2013-2015 his offense was 42, 58th, and 83rd in scoring. Improved every year but 42nd as his best offense is average. In total offense (yards) his rankings were 57, 60 71. Again, improved every year but only once was in the top half of the league...barely.

Yes, he wasn't terrible, but that isn't something I'd seek after
He didn’t get to run his offense at LSU, so anything there is meaningless.

His offense at Pitt was light years better in one year than it was. He’s done pretty well at Maryland too.

Give all his numbers and compare them to the numbers before him. Do some actual research instead of hitting me with that slanted Fox News type cherrypicking. ****.

He didn’t get to run his offense at LSU, so anything there is meaningless.

His offense at Pitt was light years better in one year than it was. He’s done pretty well at Maryland too.

Give all his numbers and compare them to the numbers before him. Do some actual research instead of hitting me with that slanted Fox News type cherrypicking. ****.

I didn't cherry pick anything considering that I don't have an agenda against the guy other than I don't think he is as good as people claim. I literally just looked up all the stats for every offense he's been in control of and posted them. But for sake of argument, I went back and checked 2 years back for every stat I just gave (even though I said in the original post that he improved every year.)

Scoring/Total Offense(Yards)

LSU: Didn't bother, we all know that Les Miles got fired because of how putrid that offense was. Plus you said he didn't have much control.

Pitt: 83/38(Canada) <- 68/82(2015) <- 46/43(2014) I'll note that the 2014 season (2 years before Canada), Pitt had James Connor being a beast, and for the 2015 season Connor got injured in Game 1 so their offense took a big hit. Came back for Canada's first year.

NCST: 83/71(Canada) <- 71/48(2012) <- 54/94(2011) Note for this one is that NCST had an NFL QB in Mike Glennon at QB for 11/12, and Canada got Jacoby Blisset as a transfer in to run his offense in year 1.

Maryland: 69/97(Canada, this year) <- 100/120(2017) <- 88/94(2016) He turned a terrible offense into a below average offense, in a tough job considering Maryland is in the Big 10.

Advertisement
Ensuring they got 'some' money has nothing to do with "caring" specifically for that entity. AD's from theses schools know which teams (football) bring in the bacon. Don't make a fool of yourself retorting, it's logic.
True but it's not like it use to be.everything is changing and there's a law called title ix.you and others need to accept it football isn't the big voice anymore.why do you think the nfl has taken such a hard stand against female abuse.

True but it's not like it use to be.everything is changing and there's a law called title ix.you and others need to accept it football isn't the big voice anymore.why do you think the nfl has taken such a hard stand against female abuse.
I get it, but how is Bama still getting away with murder then regarding football?

Couple of intriguing excerpts on Canada that certainly don't tell the whole story, and there are better candidates, Briles, Yost, etc., but first of the excerpts explains why Canada was a Broyles Award finalist while at Pitt. He would be an improvement over what we've seen the past few years, especially if he was allowed to hire his choice for OL coach. The second excerpt mentions NCSU letting him go, but it also speaks to his accomplishments there. In another excerpt, not included, Narduzzi, who had worked with him at N. Illinois, described Canada as an excellent teacher of young QBs, something we are sorely in need of. Brissett excelled under him at NC State. If Richt were forced to get an OC, he would probably be intrigued by Canada because he's had a successful rushing attack wherever he's been dating back to Wisconsin. Admittedly, he had talented backs at each stop, but so do we. My contention is that staffs like rosters have to be able to compete with your competition, which is why we can't afford to have Jon taking up a spot and why we have to get much more out of our OL coach and obviously our OC. Excerpts follow.

"In his first season at the school, Canada has guided an offense that has scored the most points in a single season in Pitt program history (508) and improved its points-per-game average by nearly 15 from the previous season. The Panthers scored 76 points last Saturday in a victory against Syracuse, the most they have recorded in a game since 1977. Under Canada, they are the No. 10 scoring offense in the Football Bowl Subdivision and are second in that category among ACC teams, behind only Louisville."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...on-s-top-assistant-coach/stories/201611280174

"North Carolina State offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Matt Canada has been let go after three seasons, according to sources.

The surprising move by Wolfpack coach Dave Doeren comes on the heels of his team being third in the ACC in scoring this season (33.2 points per game) behind only North Carolina and Clemson. That ranks 38th in the FBS this season.

Under Canada, North Carolina State is also 32nd nationally in rushing yards per game this season (201.4). Last season, his offense averaged 6 yards per play and racked up 5,311 yards of total offense, second- and fourth-best respectively in school history."

https://www.si.com/college-football...et-go-nc-state-football-offensive-coordinator

I didn't cherry pick anything considering that I don't have an agenda against the guy other than I don't think he is as good as people claim. I literally just looked up all the stats for every offense he's been in control of and posted them. But for sake of argument, I went back and checked 2 years back for every stat I just gave (even though I said in the original post that he improved every year.)

Scoring/Total Offense(Yards)

LSU: Didn't bother, we all know that Les Miles got fired because of how putrid that offense was. Plus you said he didn't have much control.

Pitt: 83/38(Canada) <- 68/82(2015) <- 46/43(2014) I'll note that the 2014 season (2 years before Canada), Pitt had James Connor being a beast, and for the 2015 season Connor got injured in Game 1 so their offense took a big hit. Came back for Canada's first year.

NCST: 83/71(Canada) <- 71/48(2012) <- 54/94(2011) Note for this one is that NCST had an NFL QB in Mike Glennon at QB for 11/12, and Canada got Jacoby Blisset as a transfer in to run his offense in year 1.

Maryland: 69/97(Canada, this year) <- 100/120(2017) <- 88/94(2016) He turned a terrible offense into a below average offense, in a tough job considering Maryland is in the Big 10.

People used to love him when he fired Al Golden mid season.

Yeah - he fired an inexperienced ****.

Then hired an experienced ****.

"The football program generates 80%-90% of the revenue - but of course we don't put 80% to 90% of the revenue back into football"

That's just brilliant. So how's our UM Curling Team doing? Or does anyone even give a ****?

New York was interested in getting "two marquis brands."

Why don't we do what we need to once again BECOME a "marquis brand?" We used to be, but the plating is just about worn off.

Advertisement
Couple of intriguing excerpts on Canada that certainly don't tell the whole story, and there are better candidates, Briles, Yost, etc., but first of the excerpts explains why Canada was a Broyles Award finalist while at Pitt. He would be an improvement over what we've seen the past few years, especially if he was allowed to hire his choice for OL coach. The second excerpt mentions NCSU letting him go, but it also speaks to his accomplishments there. In another excerpt, not included, Narduzzi, who had worked with him at N. Illinois, described Canada as an excellent teacher of young QBs, something we are sorely in need of. Brissett excelled under him at NC State. If Richt were forced to get an OC, he would probably be intrigued by Canada because he's had a successful rushing attack wherever he's been dating back to Wisconsin. Admittedly, he had talented backs at each stop, but so do we. My contention is that staffs like rosters have to be able to compete with your competition, which is why we can't afford to have Jon taking up a spot and why we have to get much more out of our OL coach and obviously our OC. Excerpts follow.

"In his first season at the school, Canada has guided an offense that has scored the most points in a single season in Pitt program history (508) and improved its points-per-game average by nearly 15 from the previous season. The Panthers scored 76 points last Saturday in a victory against Syracuse, the most they have recorded in a game since 1977. Under Canada, they are the No. 10 scoring offense in the Football Bowl Subdivision and are second in that category among ACC teams, behind only Louisville."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...on-s-top-assistant-coach/stories/201611280174

"North Carolina State offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Matt Canada has been let go after three seasons, according to sources.

The surprising move by Wolfpack coach Dave Doeren comes on the heels of his team being third in the ACC in scoring this season (33.2 points per game) behind only North Carolina and Clemson. That ranks 38th in the FBS this season.

Under Canada, North Carolina State is also 32nd nationally in rushing yards per game this season (201.4). Last season, his offense averaged 6 yards per play and racked up 5,311 yards of total offense, second- and fourth-best respectively in school history."

https://www.si.com/college-football...et-go-nc-state-football-offensive-coordinator
This is the type of information I was asking for from the other dude. Don’t give me empty numbers. Compare them to what that school normally does. The work he did at Pitt was absolutely outstanding.

This is the type of information I was asking for from the other dude. Don’t give me empty numbers. Compare them to what that school normally does. The work he did at Pitt was absolutely outstanding.

15 points more per game and Miami would have been 11-1 or 10-2, won the Coastal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back