Blake Baker Will Be Gone

Brilliant move by Manny. Gives the illusion of taking over play calling in the 4th. But Blake is secretly still in charge. The other teams think Manny is calling the shots and try to spy on his signals, meanwhile Blake is truly making the calls.

The ultimate smokescreen

These boys are playing chess while y'all are thinking like we playing checkers

Advertisement
Muschamp probably fired
D3FFD6D8-C9B0-460F-93EF-BEF3DFB77351.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The DC that just let Wisconsin do whatever they wanted in the 1st half? **** no. Plenty of other options

Yes. Just like Brett Venables let 3 teams drop 40 plus on Oklahoma before Dabo hired him. The number of chowderheads posting never ceases to amaze me.

Michigan defensive ranking (total yards/gm) under Don Brown

2016- #1 defense (tied with Bama)
2017- #3 defense
2018- #2 defense
2019- #11 defense
2020- #79

This his first bad year in 5 years. Thank God you don't make personnel decisions.

Advertisement
LMFAO how much money do you think this program has?

Part of the reason Baker is DC is because he was cheap. That allowed us to spend on offensive staff and keep the D all under Diaz.

Y'all really need to try using your brains for once. This is about money. Period.
We have plenty. Manny was making 800+ and Thomas brown was 900+ on Richts staff.

Advertisement
And that means we’re paying wayyyyy too much money for just a **** LB coach. If Manny snatched play calling duties away from him for this 2nd time, then I believe he’s on his way out. If that happened, then IDK if he’d even want to stay. I don’t think I would.

Who do you realistically want to replace Baker with?

Brown after Harbaugh gets fired (almost guaranteed at this point). He makes 1.5 million, which is as much as the school was going to give Richt to hire an OC. And 1.5 mil in taxfree Florida goes further than it does in Michigan. I just have a gut feeling he could be the Venables/Aranda level hire for Diaz.

I feel Miami has a 2-3 year window to make a run at the acc title (and playoffs) now that Clemson won't have TL. Don't think DJ Uglyleilei is anywhere near his level. Put together a top notch staff and try to make one miracle run. If Bolden, Philips, King, Silvera, Jordan come back, Miami can make the playoffs. Miami making the playoffs in the next 2 years would change everything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nobody actually knows if Diaz took over play calling. It's all just hope. What if the defense just made adjustments after slow starts but Baker was still calling the D?

Manny is not going to purge his stupid little friends.

MAYBE a demotion. Maybe he will help Baker get a job elsewhere. Even then, he will only ever bring in another one of his underlings to be the defensive coordinator and be forced to run his defense.

Mannys entire identity is based around his defense. If Baker leaves of his own volition, expect Banda or Patke to be promoted to coordinator.

Just like when they were both promoted to co-coordinator when Manny left.

Dont EVER underestimate Miami coaches ineptitude or ability to do things that defy logic.
It's because there is no accountability with the AD or BOT either, not just on the field. Not until the banners start flying and we become the laughingstock of the College Football world. Manolo wins 10 games this year? NOTHING will happen.

Yes. Just like Brett Venables let 3 teams drop 40 plus on Oklahoma before Dabo hired him. The number of chowderheads posting never ceases to amaze me.

Michigan defensive ranking (total yards/gm) under Don Brown

2016- #1 defense (tied with Bama)
2017- #3 defense
2018- #2 defense
2019- #11 defense
2020- #79

This his first bad year in 5 years. Thank God you don't make personnel decisions.
Brown’s a good DC. We forget how good his defense at BC was, for the talent they had. He would be a solid hire but does he share the same philosophy as Diaz? I don’t know....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back