Blake Baker Will Be Gone

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
If Manny took over play calling duties again this year, during the fourth quarter of the NCSU game and most if not all of the VT game, then there is no way that Baker can remain next year. It is a clear admission that Baker cannot do and has not done his job satisfactorily. And being demoted to a position coach on the same team is not feasible for a coordinator. He gone.

Advertisement
jack nicholson yes GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, with the way the fan base has gotten against him, it's probably in everyone's best interests. He will get no credit here as fans all say Manny took over if something goes well. It's all on him if it goes poorly.

Not saying he does/doesn't deserve it, just saying sometimes it's best for all parties to make a change.

Advertisement
If Manny took over play calling duties again this year, during the fourth quarter of the NCSU game and most if not all of the VT game, then there is no way that Baker can remain next year. It is a clear admission that Baker cannot do and has not done his job satisfactorily. And being demoted to a position coach on the same team is not feasible for a coordinator. He gone.

Two options--

1. Diaz calls D, keeps Baker as a helper DC like Richt had Brown as OC.

2. Fires him. I don't know what he'll do. As long as Baker isn't calling the D, it's a win.

Hopefully Diaz goes after Brown from Meechigan when Harbaugh gets canned.

Honestly, with the way the fan base has gotten against him, it's probably in everyone's best interests. He will get no credit here as fans all say Manny took over if something goes well. It's all on him if it goes poorly.

Not saying he does/doesn't deserve it, just saying sometimes it's best for all parties to make a change.
Let him take another job would be ideal. He hasn’t cashed in on any LA ties and I’d think Lashlee made inroads to Houston with Flagg.

Advertisement
Did I miss something? Obviously the D played a little better and a bit differently schematically then it has been this season, (less stunts and crap delayed blitz’s) are we thinking manny did yesterday’s game as well?

I feel like I just answered my own question 😂

Because Manny and Baker are BFF’s I could see Manny hiring a new DC and making Blake Co-DC and coach of the LBers...Rumph and PATKE need to be on the first kick rocks bus outta there unless PATKE takes some position in recruiting.

But whatever happens calling and scheming of the defense needs to be taken away from Baker cause he’s shown for 2 years now he has no clue as to what he’s doing.

Advertisement
Back