Blake Baker Will Be Gone

Advertisement
I’m not saying Banda should be fired but I’m not sold many teams would hire him as an assistant coach. Like I said, he’s a good recruiter, which to your point, is needed with the amount of ****** recruiters on our Defensive staff; however, our elite safety prospects (he recruited) have become total busts under his watch. These kids are not being developed. The safety position is crucial for this Defense for some reason and it’s concerning how much we have regressed in that spot. Plus, Brooklyn has mentioned safety players go to Rumph for advice, not him. For me, that’s very telling.
Wait. So he’s a good recruiter but the guys he recruited aren’t good players? And he’s a bad coach because he made a bunch of guys he didn’t recruit into NFL players? You can’t say he doesn’t improve players because Gurvan Hall has turned out to be an average player. Meanwhile every safety that started for him from 2016-2018 went to the NFL. It’s not like inheriting guys like Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter and Sheldrick Redwine was some kind of incredible stroke of luck. Those guys were JAGS before Banda got here.

If we win atleast 2 out of the next 3, I don’t see a way that Manny cans Baker. I could see him make a smaller move by replacing Rumph but that’s about it. Off-season talk will be about the incoming class bringing in elite talent, how we missed GR5, and how players like Phillips, Bolden, and Couch developed.

If we lose 2 out of the next 3, with the defense playing horribly then maybe.

Also, if Manny wasn’t calling the VT game, Baker sure as **** broke a ton of tendencies. Given the opponent, that was the best defensive game of the season. They mixed up their coverages very well. They actually played zone on occasions when they weren’t blitzing. When they did blitz, they mostly only brought one extra guy. Nobody coming from ten yards upfield. Holy ****, BJ Jennings almost got a pick because they actually DROPPED a linebacker into coverage in an obvious passing situation instead of just blitzing him or asking him to play man against a much faster running back.

Who knows if he's gone or not but there can defiantly be some up grades made on the defensive side of the ball. As much as I can't stand baker rump may be even worse.

Advertisement
If we win atleast 2 out of the next 3, I don’t see a way that Manny cans Baker. I could see him make a smaller move by replacing Rumph but that’s about it. Off-season talk will be about the incoming class bringing in elite talent, how we missed GR5, and how players like Phillips, Bolden, and Couch developed.

If we lose 2 out of the next 3, with the defense playing horribly then maybe.
I hate that you're probably right. D would need to absolutely implode, get embarrassed in a bowl game and maybe cost us some recruits IOT see Baker get ****-canned.

Advertisement
I’m not saying Banda should be fired but I’m not sold many teams would hire him as an assistant coach. Like I said, he’s a good recruiter, which to your point, is needed with the amount of ****** recruiters on our Defensive staff; however, our elite safety prospects (he recruited) have become total busts under his watch. These kids are not being developed. The safety position is crucial for this Defense for some reason and it’s concerning how much we have regressed in that spot. Plus, Brooklyn has mentioned safety players go to Rumph for advice, not him. For me, that’s very telling.

Don't you ever get tired of posting preposterous to downright stupid **** on here?

Wait. So he’s a good recruiter but the guys he recruited aren’t good players? And he’s a bad coach because he made a bunch of guys he didn’t recruit into NFL players? You can’t say he doesn’t improve players because Gurvan Hall has turned out to be an average player. Meanwhile every safety that started for him from 2016-2018 went to the NFL. It’s not like inheriting guys like Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter and Sheldrick Redwine was some kind of incredible stroke of luck. Those guys were JAGS before Banda got here.
Did those Golden players improve because of Banda’s ability to coach or because Diaz’s scheme rely’s heavily on safety’s making plays in order for this system to work? Based on the info I have received and the body of work I have seen with the players he recruited and developed (or lack thereof) I’m not buying Banda is the reason just yet. Hall and Carter have become JAGS on this team and Bolden (another blue chipper) is playing terribly, as of late. They are NOT even close to NFL ready. That being said, I don’t think Baker is doing Banda and Rumph any favors.

This topic will be solidified in a couple of years when he gets all those blue chippers he has recruited and then we will see if he is as good as some of you think he is. Personally, if my kid was a 5 star player, I’m not sure I would want him coaching him.

Patke is responsible for recruiting Safeties correct ? we seem ready to roll talent wise from that position
giphy (6).gif

Advertisement
Patke is responsible for recruiting Safeties correct ? we seem ready to roll talent wise from that position

Banda is the Safety coach and is responsible for most guys at the position. Patke had Striker, although he may have moved to OLB.

So for striker we have:
-Carter the Targeter, who was recruited as a Safety and was pre Patke
-Smith, who was recruited as a Safety
-Balom/Harrell, forget which one was moved to Striker. Regardless both were recruited as Safeties.

Advertisement
Who’s that #28 looking at her? He doesn’t know what to make of her....maybe because all her calls are strange to him. Probably stuff she used to call at Wisconsin.

she might be confused...whoever the coach was should not plug her in as a coordinator in a game when she hadn’t spent a minute in practice the prior week.

But what can the coach do, she’s his boss and if she wants to make calls, well, she’s gonna make calls.

Brilliant move by Manny. Gives the illusion of taking over play calling in the 4th. But Blake is secretly still in charge. The other teams think Manny is calling the shots and try to spy on his signals, meanwhile Blake is truly making the calls.

The ultimate smokescreen

These boys are playing chess while y'all are thinking like we playing checkers
Perhaps the HC is just covering for the DC's ***.

Advertisement
Back