Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

I don’t really care who the defensive coordinator is. I just want the Diaz defense of 2017 and 2018. Although not on the level of the premiere programs, it is still a very good defense. That defense with a similar quality offense puts us in major bowl games and a base from which to improve.

This. This is all many of us want. Miami's defense is not the best in the country....it wasn't in 2019, 18, or any year since Manny has been here. But it's been very good. And if you pair a Top 20ish defense, which Manny has consistently produced here, with a Top 20 offense, which we haven't even come close to sniffing.....we would literally stroll to Charlotte every year and be in contention for NY6 games every single season...and at that point hopefully you can get the ball to bounce your way a few times and you can compete for championships.

And since everyone is so quick to diarrhea all over the 2019 defense, let's take a look at the numbers that everyone seems to be concerned about:

Scoring defense:
2019 -- 26th
2018 -- 21st
2017 -- 29th
2016 -- 13th

YPP allowed:
2019 -- 14th
2018 -- 3rd
2017 -- 8th
2016 -- 14th

3rd down % allowed:
2019 -- 52nd
2018 -- 1st
2017 -- 64th
2016 -- 58th

Rushing YPC allowed
2019 -- 10th
2018 -- 36th
2017 -- 17th
2016 -- 20th

Passer rating allowed
2019 -- 31st
2018 -- 1st
2017 -- 21st
2016 -- 30th

So, 3rd down defense took a step back from #1 in the country in 2018. Passer rating allowed did as well. But just about everything else was comparable to what we've seen the first 3 years. Very good, not perfect, not completely elite. Now....these numbers are paired with a HORRIBLE offense every single season. Miami has averaged about the 70th best scoring offense in the country since Manny got here. They've averaged about the 60th best offense in terms of yards per play. So, decidedly below average. And the last 2 years have been even worse than 2016 and 2017. If by some stroke of luck, Miami can put an offense on the field that is in the top third of the country, watch how much better the defense miraculously looks.

Advertisement
The scheme Baker runs is different than what we saw from Diaz. Even Diaz early in his tenure at Miami.

Baker runs WAYY MORE garbage stunts with DLine. Baker Asks way more of his D Ends than Diaz did. For being a "protege" I saw us as more of a 3-4 multiple team this year than an attacking 4-3. I hated it.
What u saw was the Viper position which is a package in the 4-2-5. Bakers mistake was thinking we had the lock down man to man corners and athletes in the front 7 to run those exotic blitzes.

So everyone says Diaz would promote Banda or Patke. Except when he was hired he did exactly the opposite. Banda and Patke were CO-DC when Diaz left, as soon as he came back he demoted them back to position coaches and brought in a DC, but this time it is different? I dont like Manny as the HC but I dont think he moves one of them to DC unless he has no options.
He didn’t demote banda just patke. Banda is still listed as co-dc

Advertisement
Bull****! We finished dead last in 4th down and that’s well documented and in the 40s/50s In 3rd down. Yea manny didn’t call the plays but he sure as **** told green horn baker to stop calling the exotic BS defense that allowed 4th and 17 to happen. And actually In that game, that one play lost us the game as a stop there and we run out the clock but of course that doesn’t fit with your homer bootlicking slurping agenda that’s as clear as crystal to anyone on here. But I digress, cont your Blake Baker love fest Blake James! 👍🤢🤮

Wrong again. But, it's what you do. So no one cares. The next time you post correct information on this site will be the first. But we won't hold our breath.

What u saw was the Viper position which is a package in the 4-2-5. Bakers mistake was thinking we had the lock down man to man corners and athletes in the front 7 to run those exotic blitzes.
Viper position isn’t a package in the 4-2-5. Viper is just a DE who they drop back at times. Joe Jackson was listed as the starting viper when he was here.

Advertisement
Viper position isn’t a package in the 4-2-5. Viper is just a DE who they drop back at times. Joe Jackson was listed as the starting viper when he was here.
I know exactly what a Viper is. Yes it is. Dude said he saw us in a 3-4 bc he saw 3 down linemen and the Viper.

Joe Jackson didn't do nearly the things I saw Poor Garvin have to do this year.

Advertisement
I know exactly what a Viper is. Yes it is. Dude said he saw us in a 3-4 bc he saw 3 down linemen and the Viper.
You clueless as usual. The viper stands up at times but it’s still a DE. Viper isn’t a package because the viper is always on the field

Advertisement
Wrong again. But, it's what you do. So no one cares. The next time you post correct information on this site will be the first. But we won't hold our breath.
Really sport?! Ok here’s a little nugget for you from the NCAA and where do we rank in 3rd down defense, at numero 42 in the 40s like a said and In the bottom half of the power five. 🖕
CF4C2977-32F5-45F9-8A68-D75417E74E13.png

No ****. Show me where I said it's not a DE. If u think it's a 3-4 u need to study more football.
You dumb as fûck I’m not the one who said it’s a 3-4. I was telling the other dude it isnt a 3-4. Go sit your *** down somewhere

You dumb as fûck I’m not the one who said it’s a 3-4. I was telling the other dude it isnt a 3-4. Go sit your *** down somewhere
You've made no points, just stated the obvious. Don't reply to me with some dumb sh*t ever again.

Advertisement
Back