Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

But he trash though... "4th and 17!" 🤓
I won't call him trash, but I'll never forget the blitz call on 4th and 17 vs UNC. To ad insult to injury, I watched an NFL game the very next day with a similar situation and the announcers said, "Yes. The DBs are playing at the sticks and are going to force the QB to throw short so they can make the tackle and end the game."

Advertisement
Really sport?! Ok here’s a little nugget for you from the NCAA and where do we rank in 3rd down defense, at numero 42 in the 40s like a said and In the bottom half of the power five. 🖕
View attachment 109699

Oh no!!!! You don't know how to read?! ****, you hate to see that.

Is Wyoming in the Power 5? How bout SMU? No. Anddddddddd...no.

What you're looking at, Einstein, is the entire country. Miami finished 42nd in the ENTIRE country in 3rd down defense. Out of 130 teams. Not in the Power 5. You said "near the bottom in the power 5". Again, not correct. I know data interpretation is not your strong suit. Spelling mistakes and crying are. Stick to those, leave the thinking to the people who have the ability to do so.

I’m leery of coaches that are life long tagalongs like Blake Baker. Every stop he has followed Manny’s coat tails. Why can’t Miami every just go find the best guy for the job

With that being said, I’d happily keep Baker if we would fire Patke, that dude is an absolute joke and has no business being an onfield coach at Miami.

Bîtch you the definition of dumb. Get your slow *** on now
Typical keyboard gangster. They never have a profile pic and get punked in real life so they come on the internet to take out their frustration lmao

Advertisement
Odd front formation =/= 3/4 defense. A lot of you guys need to start watching college football outside of 30 year old Miami highlight tapes.

1. The odd front package that Miami uses a lot in obvious pass situations is actually really common in college football in the modern era.

2 It’s designed to best disguise blitzes and coverages because it allows a ton of pre snap movement by the linebackers and DBs which can totally confuse any pre snap reads by the offense.

3. Manny used it with a ton of success in 2018 because he had a lot of experience in the defensive backfield and could afford to take risks up front. They would often line up with only Gerald Willis in a “down” position right over the center and everyone else standing up and shifting around.

4. Baker tended to get too cute with it though. Safety play was a significant drop off last year and he should have been more conservative with a lot of his blitzes. If you can’t cover on the back end or you have guys out there thinking and not reacting, you have to dial it back a little.

The scheme is fine and has generally produced very good results despite not having a ton of NFL caliber talent playing in it.However I wasn’t a big fan of how Baker called games and there was a significant improvement when Manny got more involved. As long as Manny is the head coach, they will be running his defense and the DC may be more of a figurehead like Thomas Brown was under Richt. So regardless of what happens with Baker, whoever runs the defense will be deferring to Manny regardless.

Oh no!!!! You don't know how to read?! ****, you hate to see that.

Is Wyoming in the Power 5? How bout SMU? No. Anddddddddd...no.

What you're looking at, Einstein, is the entire country. Miami finished 42nd in the ENTIRE country in 3rd down defense. Out of 130 teams. Not in the Power 5. You said "near the bottom in the power 5". Again, not correct. I know data interpretation is not your strong suit. Spelling mistakes and crying are. Stick to those, leave the thinking to the people who have the ability to do so.
Majority of those teams on there aside from a few group of five are power five teams *******! But I know that doesn’t fit your Diaz/baker greatest defense ever agenda. Keep being blind and enjoying losing seasons with no titles if you want sport, I’m sure Diaz and Baker will thank you for your unconditional love as there given there walking papers most likely next year. 👍

Typical keyboard gangster. They never have a profile pic and get punked in real life so they come on the internet to take out their frustration lmao
Boy you talk dumb as shît. I will break your big *** nose in real life. Ain’t shît sweet over here clown

Advertisement
Boy you talk dumb as shît. I will break your big *** nose in real life. Ain’t shît sweet over here clown
I'm not about to jack the thread and I know your too scared to show your face so keep up the keyboard gangster persona, just know that no one is buying it.

I'm not about to jack the thread and I know your too scared to show your face so keep up the keyboard gangster persona, just know that no one is buying it.
We can easily set up some and put bread up if your broke *** got any. We can do it in the ring or the streets

Advertisement
Advertisement
Majority of those teams on there aside from a few group of five are power five teams *******! But I know that doesn’t fit your Diaz/baker greatest defense ever agenda. Keep being blind and enjoying losing seasons with no titles if you want sport, I’m sure Diaz and Baker will thank you for your unconditional love as there given there walking papers most likely next year. 👍

You are what's wrong with this board, and this world. You simply cannot say, "****, my bad. I was looking at the wrong thing. I thought it was something else." Nope, you have to dig your heels in even when proven wrong.

Your exact quote was that we finished "Near the bottom of the Power 5 in 3rd down defense".

That is incorrect.

If you want to look at the entire country, Miami finished 42nd out of 130 teams total. That's nowhere near the bottom.

If you want to look at only Power 5 teams, there are 65 teams in the Power 5. Of those, Miami finished 26th. 26th out of 65. Again, nowhere near the bottom.

Again, leave the thinking to those who can do it.

I know BC fired Jagodzinski many years ago for continuing to interview for NFL gigs. His career went right down the toilet after that.

I’m not sure who else has done it, but I’d do it. I have no interest in keeping a coach around who interviews for lateral gigs.

What a fall from grace

Screenshot_20200123-102727~2.png

That’s a real possibility.

Definitely could be. But first of all, in order to get the interview, LSU had to show interest. It had to come from that direction to start.

And if it did, and Manny was a colleague and friend, he'd be doing him a disservice if he somehow prevented him from exploring the possible opportunity. We all know LSU is a better job that Miami. If they're really interested, and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, Manny would be a real **** to do something to sabotage that.

Advertisement
Back