Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

NashCane

Recruit
I’m not sure if this was reported anywhere, but was informed by someone who would know last night that Blake Baker interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at LSU. I know he’s pretty polarizing amongst our fan base in regards to his abilities, but thought people would be interested to know this. Apparently the interview went pretty well too. I was told that interviewing Baker was likely part of a negotiating dance with Bo Pelini, in regards to how much they’re willing to pay him. Earlier today I was later informed that Pelini is now expected to be the hire (subject to approval by the Board of Supervisors), but if they couldn’t reach terms with Pelini then Baker was in consideration to be the potential hire.

And there is probably my first and last insider info to provide to the board, thought you should know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not to highjack, but surprised they would target Pelini even though he was there a decade ago. Not sure how much defense he's actually coached in several years or how he's adapted to all the changes.

On the flip side, I suspect he's about done at Youngstown State, so this could make a lot of sense for him.

Advertisement
You're LSU, you supposedly have a blank check to pay coaches with AND you just won a title.....get me Blake Baker and Bo Pelini on the line!

Weird. I'd interview Bo and then offer Carl the job.

Blake realizes that he's Manny's puppet here at UM. He had to be reigned in this year when he wasn't calling plays like Manny would have. To be honest, pretty much a lose-lose situation for us. We'll never have a top tier DC here since top tier DCs don't want to be puppets to Manny's defense. If Blake leaves/fails, then Manny needs to bring in a super sharp, X's and O's guy to help expand on Manny's defense, that can ball out on the recruiting trail as well.

You're LSU, you supposedly have a blank check to pay coaches with AND you just won a title.....get me Blake Baker and Bo Pelini on the line!

Weird. I'd interview Bo and then offer Carl the job.

The person I know is on the LSU side and is not happy at all with the Pelini hire...He actually would’ve preferred Baker, (not that he was exactly thrilled about that idea either)

Advertisement
If baker leaves manny has to take over playcalling duties. No way he hires someone hes not familiar with or with no experience (banda) to call plays. He knows this year is absolutely make or break for his career. Coaches fired from miami dont exactly have a track record of making it back.

The person I know is on the LSU side and is not happy at all with the Pelini hire...He actually would’ve preferred Baker, (not that he was exactly thrilled about that idea either)

I've been wrong about Ogreron for most of his run in Baton Rouge so maybe he knows what he's doing but those really are some underwhelming choices on the surface.

Advertisement
Yea, sounds like Pelini will be hired by the end of the week but this is interesting nonetheless. Wouldn’t mind if he was snatched up to be honest.

Advertisement
CC563BEF-070E-4BD6-BB54-9C03A54413C1.jpeg

I’m not sure if this was reported anywhere, but was informed by someone who would know last night that Blake Baker interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at LSU. I know he’s pretty polarizing amongst our fan base in regards to his abilities, but thought people would be interested to know this. Apparently the interview went pretty well too. I was told that interviewing Baker was likely part of a negotiating dance with Bo Pelini, in regards to how much they’re willing to pay him. Earlier today I was later informed that Pelini is now expected to be the hire, but if they couldn’t reach terms with Pelini then Baker was in consideration to be their hire.

And there is probably my first and last insider info to provide to the board, thought you should know.

Aww ****, my main man bo pelini, i forgot about him, he's the right choice for Lsu, he's better than banda, in fact i wanted him as headcoach here over the penn disgrace morons, a straight goon. I luv the way he paces the sidelines when he knows their dominating or he's about to go off, lol. I like when we played them in the peach bowl, and kenny phillips kind of made a half *** tackle and got pushed back, bo was giving kp the business, got me hype, in the old days the whole team would've raised up besides kp. Coach oregon wants goons, diaz wants nice guys that the players like, bo pelini would have flake james shook, lol, that's a good look for lsu, he'll have them boiys more than likely playing better defense, that's an example of how you bring the boys back home, instead we letting coach shannon float out somewhere else instead of bringing him home. He's certified, national champion as a player and coach, broyles award winner, wont need coach diaz to hold his hand, in fact he'd teach coach diaz a thing or 2!

Advertisement
Back