Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

Advertisement
I'm sure the LSU fans will love his 3 man pass rushe on 3rd Down. We sure don't.
Don't forget Sliding one of the best pass rushers in the country inside while only rushing 3 so he (Rosseau) gets double teamed as soon as he fires off the ball :LOL: I saw enough from this guy to know he is a clown. I would be ecstatic if he is shipped off to Baton Rouge.

And there's the double standard. You have players on our team that are thinking about Florida for 3 months and we destroy them for jumping ship. But Blake Baker can interview, actually sit down and interview with another team, and he supposed to be all in with the U?

I would imagine as a current player on the defense would be hard to take him seriously every time he has something to say to me.

Advertisement
Let his sorry *** go. They only see the misleading stats but we watched the games. Manny can run the D alone.

Iā€™m not sure if this was reported anywhere, but was informed by someone who would know last night that Blake Baker interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at LSU. I know heā€™s pretty polarizing amongst our fan base in regards to his abilities, but thought people would be interested to know this. Apparently the interview went pretty well too. I was told that interviewing Baker was likely part of a negotiating dance with Bo Pelini, in regards to how much theyā€™re willing to pay him. Earlier today I was later informed that Pelini is now expected to be the hire, but if they couldnā€™t reach terms with Pelini then Baker was in consideration to be their hire.

And there is probably my first and last insider info to provide to the board, thought you should know.
Blake is nothing special as he canā€™t really recruit. Manny had to take over the play calling on DF when we werenā€™t getting it done. Blake wasnā€™t aggressive enough and the kids were begging to complain. This is not just speculation it was reported and as soon as Manny stepped in the DF looked totally different. If Blake interview for another job that is just the handwriting on the wall that heā€™s done!

We will have another guy coaching this DF in 2020. Bank on it!!

Advertisement
Dude u hate life in general. Your opinion is null and void.
Your opinion is null and void as itā€™s clear your just another slurper. Anyone who thinks Blake baker did a great job this season is doing nothing but bootlicking.
#1 dead last In the nation In 4th down defense
#2 near the bottom of the power 5 in 3rd down defense.
#3 manny has to basically take over the defense not even half way through his first season.
#4 4th and 17 to lose the game.
#5 just so itā€™s not forgotten, 4th and 17!

Wow sport, thatā€™s a glowing review of some awesome accomplishments for baker here as DC. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤® Thank god we didnā€™t lose him to LSU! Lol

Last edited:
Blake realizes that he's Manny's puppet here at UM. He had to be reigned in this year when he wasn't calling plays like Manny would have. To be honest, pretty much a lose-lose situation for us. We'll never have a top tier DC here since top tier DCs don't want to be puppets to Manny's defense. If Blake leaves/fails, then Manny needs to bring in a super sharp, X's and O's guy to help expand on Manny's defense, that can ball out on the recruiting trail as well.

If/when Baker leaves, Manny will put his boyfriend Banda in the role so he can still control the defense

Advertisement
Blake realizes that he's Manny's puppet here at UM. He had to be reigned in this year when he wasn't calling plays like Manny would have. To be honest, pretty much a lose-lose situation for us. We'll never have a top tier DC here since top tier DCs don't want to be puppets to Manny's defense. If Blake leaves/fails, then Manny needs to bring in a super sharp, X's and O's guy to help expand on Manny's defense, that can ball out on the recruiting trail as well.
meanwhile it isn't the worst place for him. if our defense continues to have good national rankings he will get a good job somewhere even if it isn't LSU.

Iā€™m not sure if this was reported anywhere, but was informed by someone who would know last night that Blake Baker interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at LSU. I know heā€™s pretty polarizing amongst our fan base in regards to his abilities, but thought people would be interested to know this. Apparently the interview went pretty well too. I was told that interviewing Baker was likely part of a negotiating dance with Bo Pelini, in regards to how much theyā€™re willing to pay him. Earlier today I was later informed that Pelini is now expected to be the hire, but if they couldnā€™t reach terms with Pelini then Baker was in consideration to be their hire.

And there is probably my first and last insider info to provide to the board, thought you should know.

Is there any chance that a member of the UM Board of Trustees can offer to pay Baker's LSU salary for a couple of years?

That would be ideal.

Advertisement
If Faker is interviewing for other gigs then he needs to go. Period. Take him back, and youā€™re a worthless cuck. You wanna talk about culture and buy in and throwing out players who arenā€™t all in, then you better do the same with coaches.

Maybe Manny is encouraging him to explore his options.

Exactly. There is some people that's never played football on here who thinks it does.

But, sure, YOU played football, so you should know.

Good lord, it wasn't just "4th and 17", we gave up horrible 3rd and 4th down conversions all year. "4th and 17" was just the worst, and it cost us one of our SEVEN losses.

Advertisement
Back