Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

When a DC has the talent lsu has it is not hard to coach.. All Coach O is looking for is someone who runs a fast attacking style defense.. I guarantee nothing much will change from what they did in the past, Blake probably is a good defensive mind BUT Manny is telling him what he wants done SO he is just following boss's orders!!

LoL, they have very similar defensive philosophies. And why wouldn't they? Baker was a GA for Diaz at Texas and a position coach for him at Louisiana Tech.

Advertisement
Everyone wants BB gone until it happens and we promote Banda/Patke ...
But... and hear me out... What if they promoted Banda to DC (with Manny pulling the strings) and brought in Ed Reed for Safeties? Could we live with that?

But... and hear me out... What if they promoted Banda to DC (with Manny pulling the strings) and brought in Ed Reed for Safeties? Could we live with that?

No
Nick Saban could be brought in to coach Safeties and I wouldn’t be ok with Banda being DC.

Advertisement
Actually, Baker’s biggest problem is that he brings too much pressure on third and long. It’s almost like he refuses to only rush 3 or 4 and actually have some guys in coverage to prevent things like 4th and 17 from happening.

LOL - your avi. Poor guy, looks like he struggles just to stand.

Advertisement
Yep. Way to much unnecessary complexity.

Our defense is best when we allow the linemen to attack upfield and play tight coverage to take away quick passes to slots and tight ends.

The outside corners should emphasize taking away middle breaking and deep routes over the top. When we take the quick short stuff away and make the quarterback come off reads and hold the ball, we can usually get offenses off the field forcing tough, low percentage throws to the sideline.

We should press interior guys but not the x and z. Just force them to the sideline and live with the occasional low percentage throw. No jumping routes and the percentages work in our favor.

We get into the most trouble when we allow teams to play pitch and catch throwing into huge gaps in the defense when we are blitzing the three step drop.

The biggest mistake is not trusting the front four and using poor pre snap alignments that put us out of position to stop the quick passes at the snap.

People talk a lot of noise about Shannon, but his style of defense is what we should be running. Mix in some occasional disguised zones and quick hitting man blitzes and we can cause havoc for most teams.
The quickest way to the QB is from the DT spot. We are best when we have the DTs who can do that. We didn't have our Willis this year so Baker had to get creative. I personally love the exotic blitzes, just need the personnel to do it. No doubt 2020 is going to be Manny's most athletic defense. If we can get even one of our DTs to take that next step then we can get back to being an elite D.

The quickest way to the QB is from the DT spot. We are best when we have the DTs who can do that. We didn't have our Willis this year so Baker had to get creative. I personally love the exotic blitzes, just need the personnel to do it. No doubt 2020 is going to be Manny's most athletic defense. If we can get even one of our DTs to take that next step then we can get back to being an elite D.
How do you figure given our corners are limited athletically? Agree on all other fronts though besides corner.

Advertisement
How do you figure given our corners are limited athletically? Agree on all other fronts though besides corner.
Shortes route to the QB is from DT. If we can get one to step up then that's less time our CB's need to cover. Willis made our DBs money TBH. But they go hand and hand. A strong secondary would make our DL look better also.

I didn’t say third down was at the bottom of the country I said fourth down was which I was correct in the 120s. I said third down was at the bottom half of the power five teams, not all of FBS.

And, you were WAY wrong on that 3rd down defense comment, but refuse to admit it. You're a clown

People: do a google search for Blake Baker LSU.

The first result is this thread on canesinsight. The second result is this thread on tigerdroppings started by Tiger30, who also claims to have a source. I strongly suspect that the OP in this CIS thread is Tiger30, given the similarity in their posts. He has one account on CIS claiming to be a Canes fan, one account on tigerdroppings claiming to be an LSU fan, and God knows what accounts on other teams’ forums. https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/coaching-changes/blake-baker/88139263/

I myself used to have account on tigerdroppings and the SECRant (albeit one where I was openly a Miami fan), but unfortunately I got banned a few months ago. They never really explained why to me, but I suspect it’s because they’re not fond of non-SEC fans on there. I’d go on tigerdroppings and point this out to people on there if I hadn’t been banned.

Advertisement
I know BC fired Jagodzinski many years ago for continuing to interview for NFL gigs. His career went right down the toilet after that.

I’m not sure who else has done it, but I’d do it. I have no interest in keeping a coach around who interviews for lateral gigs.
'Chise, maybe Manny encouraged him to take the interview, praying he would get it.

I'll make a lateral move for more money. Especially if my current boss is on the hot seat.

That said, I don't think anyone else is leaving.

People: do a google search for Blake Baker LSU.

The first result is this thread on canesinsight. The second result is this thread on tigerdroppings started by Tiger30, who also claims to have a source. I strongly suspect that the OP in this CIS thread is Tiger30, given the similarity in their posts. He has one account on CIS claiming to be a Canes fan, one account on tigerdroppings claiming to be an LSU fan, and God knows what accounts on other teams’ forums. https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/coaching-changes/blake-baker/88139263/

I myself used to have account on tigerdroppings and the SECRant (albeit one where I was openly a Miami fan), but unfortunately I got banned a few months ago. They never really explained why to me, but I suspect it’s because they’re not fond of non-SEC fans on there. I’d go on tigerdroppings and point this out to people on there if I hadn’t been banned.

You think I have an account on a LSU message board? I don’t post a lot because I’m not usually interested in providing or reading other people’s opinions, but drop in occasionally when there’s actual useful information. Also, I wouldn’t say I have a “source”. I have a friend who grew up in Baton Rouge, who also makes and donates a **** ton of $$ to LSU. When he was informed Baker interviewed he, without solicitation, asked my opinion of him since he knows I closely follow Miami. I then searched Twitter and the forum and noticed it wasn’t being discussed anywhere so I decided to share it. I would think me having less than 100 posts is indicative I’m not exactly attention seeking. If I wanted to make up something I’d come up with something far more interesting than “Baker took an interview.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back